NIN coming to Omaha

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MTO
City Council

NIN coming to Omaha

Post by MTO »

Nine Inch Nails, Feb, 17th Omaha (I think QCO)
I was at the Korn listening party tonight at the Roxbury and there was a rumor that NIN was coming.
15-17, 26, 32
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Nice! That should be a good concert.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Noooo, it will be at Pershing down in Lincoln. Not a rumor, its confirmed, official and all that jazz.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Well maybe Nickleback is going to the QCO heck I can’t remember i was drunk…
15-17, 26, 32
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

NIN, Nickleback, Korn.....gross.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

pershing? why lower their standards by playing there when they could easily have a sold out show at Qwest?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:NIN, Nickleback, Korn.....gross.
MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well yeah gross for nickleback
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:NIN, Nickleback, Korn.....gross.
Let me guess you’re more of a Ween fan?
15-17, 26, 32
Bellevue Kid
Home Owners Association

Post by Bellevue Kid »

Well maybe Nickleback is going to the QCO heck I can’t remember i was drunk…
I heard this morning on 98.5 that Nickleback is going to play at the Qwest Center. Dont remember the date though.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

I take the fact that Nickleback still exists as a sign that there is no god. :lol:
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I never liked Nickelback any but evertime I hear another one of their songs it makes me wonder who the heck likes this? Seriously. They aren't even similiar to what they started out as. If I saw one of those guys on the street I'd beat the heck out of them for putting the same song on the radio over and over again the last few years. That's wierd they would be playing at the Qwest Center since their last concert in the area was at the Narbaska raceway thing. I don't know what the attendance was.

I wish NIN was coming to the Qwest Center though. I might try to go but that would mean people from Omaha actually do go to Lincoln shows. Can't have that now can we. ;)
DTO
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

"Look at this photograph....every time it makes me laugh...."
HAHAHAHAHA

Post by Guest »

Never liked Nickelback. Saw NIN at the Civic.
Good show. I don't think they'd sell out Qwest.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

You really can't group NIN with Korn or Nickelback, they are not even close to the same kind of music. They actually put thought into their lyrics, make good music. Did Korn or Nickelback have one of their songs covered by Johnny Cash? NO!
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

Linkin5 wrote:You really can't group NIN with Korn or Nickelback, they are not even close to the same kind of music. They actually put thought into their lyrics, make good music. Did Korn or Nickelback have one of their songs covered by Johnny Cash? NO!
I'd have to agree to this. Though they couldn't have fit that much thought into their songs (gotta leave room for quitar/drum solos and sucking on the microphone choruses), but NIN is considerably better than Korn. And Nickelback? They're helpless. Artists are supposed to get better as they go. Photograph is on my top ten stupidest songs of 2005 list.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Yeah I think NIN is far superior to the other two mentioned here.
cornflakegirl
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cornflakegirl »

Swift wrote:Yeah I think NIN is far superior to the other two mentioned here.
ummmmm, nin is superior? trent cant even do the jig anymore, let alone rock out on stage such as korn can. yes, i'll say that nin used to be superior, but once you start doing farewell tours, your career is pretty much over. korn could easily fill up quest and rock it till the wheels fall off, but nin would fill it up and knock the wheels off all the walkers of all the old dudes tryin to get the groove back that they had back in the day, (when nin DID kick some major |expletive|). and as far as nickleback is concerned, look at this photograph, the one of you sucking BAD.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

cornflakegirl wrote:ummmmm, nin is superior? trent cant even do the jig anymore, let alone rock out on stage such as korn can. yes, i'll say that nin used to be superior, but once you start doing farewell tours, your career is pretty much over. korn could easily fill up quest and rock it till the wheels fall off, but nin would fill it up and knock the wheels off all the walkers of all the old dudes tryin to get the groove back that they had back in the day, (when nin DID kick some major |expletive|). and as far as nickleback is concerned, look at this photograph, the one of you sucking BAD.
PKI, your fiance rocks.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

I think Korn could have filled up Qwest maybe, lets say 5 or 6 years ago after their release of follow the leader/issues. They took too long of a break, and after they returned it just wasnt the same. I think a lot of people moved on from that kind of rock music as well and left it in the 90's. Thats just observations i have made among my friends and I, who used to be huge korn fans, but eventually moved on.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

cornflakegirl wrote:
Swift wrote:Yeah I think NIN is far superior to the other two mentioned here.
yes, i'll say that nin used to be superior, but once you start doing farewell tours, your career is pretty much over. korn could easily fill up quest and rock ...
I won't argue that NIN is far worse than they use to be. They are still better than the other two bands though.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

omahastylee459 wrote:I think Korn could have filled up Qwest maybe, lets say 5 or 6 years ago after their release of follow the leader/issues. They took too long of a break, and after they returned it just wasnt the same. I think a lot of people moved on from that kind of rock music as well and left it in the 90's. Thats just observations i have made among my friends and I, who used to be huge korn fans, but eventually moved on.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, have you heard their new album?
15-17, 26, 32
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

I like both Nickelback and NIN, but despise Korn. Pantera is/was pretty cool 10 years ago too.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I was a bit curious to see how Korn would fare with their new guitarist. I detected some record scratches in the new album as well. Eh, I like it. I may even buy it.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

avanzee wrote:"Look at this photograph....every time it makes me laugh...."
HAHAHAHAHA
LMFAO! :lol: :!:
Now THAT Was Priceless!
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Harpoon wrote:I like both Nickelback and NIN, but despise Korn. Pantera is/was pretty cool 10 years ago too.
Speaking of… It’s been one year since we lost a legend… RIP Dimebag………..
15-17, 26, 32
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Linkin5 wrote:You really can't group NIN with Korn or Nickelback, they are not even close to the same kind of music. They actually put thought into their lyrics, make good music. Did Korn or Nickelback have one of their songs covered by Johnny Cash? NO!
Cash did a NIN cover
15-17, 26, 32
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Were Dimebag and Lennon both shot on the same day? 12/8

-Big E
Stable genius.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Big E wrote:Were Dimebag and Lennon both shot on the same day? 12/8

-Big E
Good point
John Lennon — Date of Death: 8 December 1980
RIP
15-17, 26, 32
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

pkiphd wrote:
Cash did a NIN cover
Are you asking or stating that he covered?
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Linkin5 wrote:
pkiphd wrote:
Cash did a NIN cover
Stating, he did hurt.
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I would have loved to hear Johnny Cash cover "Head like a Hole." :lol:
DTO
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

pkiphd wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:
pkiphd wrote:
Cash did a NIN cover
Stating, he did hurt.
Yep..................