Light rail money spent on snowplow parking?

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Big E
City Council

Light rail money spent on snowplow parking?

Post by Big E »

Rumor has it all the money Omaha is not spending on any type of mass transit is also not being spent on plowing the #@$!%ing roads!

-Big E
Stable genius.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Amen brother
15-17, 26, 32
omaproud
Home Owners Association

Post by omaproud »

I saw zero snow plows on my 7 mile drive to work this morning. Major streets (Fort, NW Radial, Cuming)hadn't seen a plow! :(
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Come on everyone give them an ear full….
Mayor’s Hotline
Snow removal or street complaints: 444-4919 (24 hours)
|expletive| |expletive| |expletive| away……………..
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Wow, I'm glad they put GPS systems to track where some of the trucks go. :roll: They installed the GPS to improve the snow plowing, but to do that they have to MOVE. Huhhhh, I give up.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

And all that material (sand and etc) they acquired for occasions just like this…. I’m sure glad its going to good use.
15-17, 26, 32
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

My route:

from 13th and Leaveneworth south to Martha, west to 480, south to 80, west to 42nd (which was a parking lot), detoured back north to Dodge, west to 275 to Fremont...

Best road? 275 west to Fremont! Are you freaking kidding me?

Martha is very hilly and a route for public school buses, with curbside stops all along it. I went sideways down most of it. The only thing that kept me straight were the ruts in the snow from previous cars.

480 southbound was packed hard snow in all lanes.

I'm assuming there was a crash on 80 west. The one sand truck I saw all morning was stuck in traffic on 80, too.

42nd was a mess. Dodge was no better, but cleared up from usage around 72nd.

Oh, but once you get to Elkhorn... no wonder they don't want to be annexed. I wouldn't either if this is the garbage service the new guy is going to provide.

-Big E
Stable genius.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Remember that one day when they said that we would get hammered by snow, but it ended up being in central Nebraska? In Omaha we got just a dusting but I saw a plow on every single street as I left work at Mutual, all the way on I-80 to 114th & Dodge to pay my car insurance, and all the way on 680 back to my house near 60th and Ames. But since there has actually been substantial amounts of snow, I haven't seen one damn plow or evidence there has even been one. Now I'm the last person in the world to |expletive| about the roads being bad, but this is rediculous.
DTO