Walgreens 96th and Giles

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Drug_Dealer

Walgreens 96th and Giles

Post by Drug_Dealer »

My Employer, Walgreens, is rumored to be building a store at 96th and Giles Road, in LaVista. I will let you know when I find out more. 8)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice name.

Hopefully they are going to build in the long empty mayfair devalopment.
OPlaya
Home Owners Association

Post by OPlaya »

The invasion continues. I wonder if the new operation at 90th and Fort is open already?
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

new operation at 90th and Fort is open already
not yet but it is looking close
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

No, still a month or more away.
NDizona
Library Board

Post by NDizona »

Soon every major intersection in Omaha will have a Walgreens..
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

NDizona wrote:Soon every major intersection in Omaha will have a Walgreens..
While you are joking, and there is already a Walgreen's somewhat close by at 84th & Harrison, I think that 96th & Giles is a decent location for them.

I just wish they'd put a drugstore in South Papio, around 72nd to 96th & 370 to be exact (for selfish reasons of course).
JBirdy

96/Giles

Post by JBirdy »

Lazlos is also going in at Mayfair north of Omaha State Bank. They purchased the land already. The Walgreens at 84-Harrison has a pharmacy that is constantly busy and although 96/Giles is fairly close, the pharmacy business Walgreens is generating has justified the location.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for that info JBirdy. I knew Lazlo's was coming to La Vista - but didn't know their location.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Jbirdy, Do you happen to own "Jbirds" on 96th and Giles?
Brad
City Council

Re: 96/Giles

Post by Brad »

JBirdy wrote:Lazlos is also going in at Mayfair north of Omaha State Bank. They purchased the land already. The Walgreens at 84-Harrison has a pharmacy that is constantly busy and although 96/Giles is fairly close, the pharmacy business Walgreens is generating has justified the location.
According to the Sarpy County Website, Neither Walgreens or Lazlos has bought land in Mayfair, but my disclaimer... I don't know how long after a sale it takes sarpy county to update their site.
jsheets
Human Relations

Re: 96/Giles

Post by jsheets »

Brad wrote:
JBirdy wrote:Lazlos is also going in at Mayfair north of Omaha State Bank. They purchased the land already. The Walgreens at 84-Harrison has a pharmacy that is constantly busy and although 96/Giles is fairly close, the pharmacy business Walgreens is generating has justified the location.
According to the Sarpy County Website, Neither Walgreens or Lazlos has bought land in Mayfair, but my disclaimer... I don't know how long after a sale it takes sarpy county to update their site.
Somewhere it was said that Lazlo's is going into 120th & Giles, a little closer to Cabela's... But I'd prefer that 96th & Giles location personally.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That was my guess on this thread: La Vista's Lazlo's

The article said a mile from Cabela's so I guessed the Shoppes on Giles. I e-mailed the Shoppes but no one answered my questions.
JBirdy

Laslos

Post by JBirdy »

No, not Jay from JBirds but what a great place to drink beer!
As I said, Laslo's has the ground at 96/Giles. They will have to comply with La Vista's strict design standards.
The Shoppes on Giles is at 117th. Nothing there yet.
Cabela's area of Southport West has Heritage-Westwood as the developer and marketing of the area. Nothing as of yet announced other than the hotels and Cabela's. You can bet as soon as Cabela's opens the other properties will announce their intentions.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Something which struck me this morning (so to speak) when driving by the Shoppes on Giles property... there are some pretty substantial high voltage wires running across the property... the botton wire hangs pretty low. I would think this would present some issues for the project... maybe not.
Drug_Dealer

Post by Drug_Dealer »

Dealer Here Again

Apparently 96 and Giles might Turn in to 96 and 370, they just can't decide.

Here are all the possiable locations now:

96 and Giles
96 and 370
26 and Cornhusker
72nd and 370
36 and 370

We will probably build on 2 if not 3 of these locations.

Also we are building at 72nd and Crown Point for sure.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

With the opening of the route between Cornhusker and 370 appearing to be in sight... a 96th and 370 location may not be a bad idea... although given the density with which you guys are throwing up stores, I'd expect one at Giles as well.

Thanks for the inside scoop!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
tommy316
New to the Neighborhood

96th and 370 (Southeast corner)

Post by tommy316 »

Anyone know what's being built there?

I heard a Walgreens, but don't know for sure.
Jamie

Re: 96th and 370 (Southeast corner)

Post by Jamie »

tommy316 wrote:Anyone know what's being built there?

Culvers next to Centris.  Nothing else on the immediate horizon.  Laslo's as you know owns some of the land and is in a waiting pattern.  Walgreens was mentioned as going to 96th/370 in the fine city of Papillion.  
With Bakers deserting La Vista, could CVS lease the space Bakers has left?  Would be good competition for Walgreens.  The Bakers space is about 49,000 sq feet.  How big is a CVS??

Re: 96th and 370 (Southeast corner)

Post by Guest »

Jamie wrote:
tommy316 wrote:Anyone know what's being built there?

Culvers next to Centris.  Nothing else on the immediate horizon.  Laslo's as you know owns some of the land and is in a waiting pattern.  Walgreens was mentioned as going to 96th/370 in the fine city of Papillion.  
With Bakers deserting La Vista, could CVS lease the space Bakers has left?  Would be good competition for Walgreens.  The Bakers space is about 49,000 sq feet.  How big is a CVS??
"fine city of Papillion" ????? Your last name isn't Blinn is it??  :lol:

That's good news though!!!

Post by Guest »

They've poured the footings for the building..........has an OFFICIAL announcement been made that it's going to be a Walgreen's.

It just appears too small for a Walgreen's as you drive by, although that could just be an optical illusion.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anonymous wrote:They've poured the footings for the building..........has an OFFICIAL announcement been made that it's going to be a Walgreen's.

It just appears too small for a Walgreen's as you drive by, although that could just be an optical illusion.
Are you talking about the Walgreen's at 370 or the Culver's at Giles?

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:
Anonymous wrote:They've poured the footings for the building..........has an OFFICIAL announcement been made that it's going to be a Walgreen's.

Are you talking about the Walgreen's at 370 or the Culver's at Giles?
Huh????? The Walgreen's......I never mentioned the Culver's- sorry didn't catch the discussion about Culver's, my post was added by a Moderator to this thread, to answer my original question WHICH is still unanswered :?

So, I drove by the 370 and 96th location today and the building footings there looks a little small to be a Walgreen's- BUT, that could just be a "optical illusion" that the building is smaller then what it will be. So I'm looking to see if there has been an official announcement that that will be a Walgreen's and not a Omaha State Bank branch or something.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is all that I know about 96th and 370.

On the South West corner, there is going to be a Jensen Tire, A strip Mall and a Daycare.  

On the South east Corner.  That property is NOT owned by Walgreen's, HOWEVER Walgreen's only owns a few of their buildings in town so that does not mean its not going to be a Walgreen's.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Brad wrote:Here is all that I know about 96th and 370.

On the South West corner, there is going to be a Jensen Tire, A strip Mall and a Daycare.  

On the South east Corner.  That property is NOT owned by Walgreen's, HOWEVER Walgreen's only owns a few of their buildings in town so that does not mean its not going to be a Walgreen's.
Well, just to catch you up a little.  The Jensen Tire, Daycare, a fitness center, a Pizza Hut / Wing Street, and an insurance office are open on that SW corner.  Probably about 1/3 to 1/2 full at this point.

And the guy at Jensen Tire told me that Walgreen's is going in across the street on that SE corner.  But that's all I know...
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The same construction company building the building at 96th and Hwy 370 has built all the recent new Walgreen's buildings in the area.  I have suspected a Walgreen's for some time, as I read somewhere recently that they are building 3 or 4 more in the metro in 2008.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:The same construction company building the building at 96th and Hwy 370 has built all the recent new Walgreen's buildings in the area.  I have suspected a Walgreen's for some time, as I read somewhere recently that they are building 3 or 4 more in the metro in 2008.
My source told me that Walgreen's two current planned stores are in the Papillion area are 96 and 370 on the South East corner and 72 and Cornhusker on the North East corner.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Those locations make sense.  Sorry that they are not going in or near Shadow Lake, however.

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

What about 96th & Giles? Any word yet?

Post by Guest »

There is some action on the North West corner lot at 96th and Giles Rd, east of First State Bank.  Anyone have any idea what might be going in?  Cant see it being a Walgreens after they built at 96th and 370 as well as 72nd and Cornhusker.  Maybe a CVS?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Mayfair Lot 5 is owned by Alegent Health.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

About Lazlo's... this thread got me to lookin'.

Here is what I found.

LOT 2 MAYFAIR 2ND ADDITION REPLAT THREE... Owned By... LAZLO'S LA VISTA PROPERTY HOLDINGS~LLC

Other things I found...

108th & Giles Rd (By Brentwood Apts)
LOT 3 VAL VISTA REPLAT ONE... ROLL THE BONES LLC (Who is this - the mail addy is 10306 REGENCY PKWY DR)
LOT 4 VAL VISTA REPLAT ONE... FIRST WESTROADS BANK INC