Jack in the Box

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

DTO Luv
City Council

Jack in the Box

Post by DTO Luv »

I know everyone was jumping on Macy's moving to Omaha because of the commercials they were running without having a store here. If that's the case I'd expect the same out of Jack in the Box. I see commercials for them every time I watch tv. Maybe we'll be getting one soon.
DTO
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

I've never had Jack in the Box. What we really need around here is.....White Castle! You can't throw a hand grenade out of your car window without killing somebody at a White Castle in Indianapolis. They are up in Minneapolis too. Why can't we get a few? I'd also like to see a Chick-fil-A. Same Indy story with Chick-fil-A there too.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I believe there actually is ONE Chick-Fil-A in town, but it is inside Mutual of Omaha and not open to the public, employees only.  White Castle would be the bomb.
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

There's a Chick-Fil-A in the mall in Sioux City, just opened up.  Coming closer...

RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

We need a JACK in the BOX, and a CARLS JR.  Other than that, Omaha really has most of the chains I have grown to love living out west.  You should see me at Chapolte.  You would think I was a scraggly dog denied food for a month.  I just devour that rice and black bean burrito.  I'm also that way at Amigos with their churros (or whatever they are called).   I don't care what they are called: Just give me three of them, and some salsa, and some hot cheese.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

We do have a few Carls JR, they're called Hardees.  EXACT same menu, items, supplier, logo, just different name.

EDIT:  Even EXACT same websites.

http://www.hardees.com/home/
http://www.carlsjr.com/
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

That Chick-fil-A in the mall at Sioux City isn't new, its been there for years. Probably 15 years. At any rate, it just furthers my point. If Sioux City has one, why can't we get one? Or 10. :lol: The only bad thing about them is they are all closed on Sunday.

Post by Guest »

i wasn't really impressed with white castle when i went there, but how bout a Steak n Shake that is one of the best fast food restaurants around.... why cant we get one of those ?

Post by Guest »

bunch of crazy rumors about people's personal preferences with restaurants....juicy stuff.  this is a great website because the rumors are always so detailed.  please elaborate someone, what other things do you like.  these rumors are awesome and informative.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Well, since the GUEST want us to keep discussing our favorites that are not here but we like I will jump in.  :roll:

For BBQ this is one that needs to come to the area.  

http://www.redhotandblue.com/

I have eaten at them many times and they are a top notch place.  After I had been there a few times there was a story on them on the Food network on a show where there was discussions about non-traditional restaurant people getting into the restaurant business.  I guess the just of this is that a politician from the S that was in DC dropped out of politics and opened this first in the DC area.  There were two in Iowa for a while that were very successful as reported in the local papers but went out of business because the other restaurant names that the franchiser had took the place down as a whole.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

I believe that our guest was being sarcastic. This thread is for a rumored Jack-in-the-Box but then everyone has jumped aboard with their personal favorite fast food chains with little details or substance of any rumor. But then again - what thread on here hasn't deviated one way or another.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Admin wrote:I believe that our guest was being sarcastic. This thread is for a rumored Jack-in-the-Box but then everyone has jumped aboard with their personal favorite fast food chains with little details or substance of any rumor. But then again - what thread on here hasn't deviated one way or another.

UHHHH, I know...   That is why I was "feeding him"   Since the just of this thread as I read it starts with the desire to have Jack In The Box here and not the fact that there is some rumor to float that it may be coming the thread is on subject IMO.  Just another , what would I like to see thread.  :o
flyOMA
Home Owners Association

Post by flyOMA »

White Castle is one of those rancid cravings I get from time to time (much like KFC or Popeyes).  I always hit a White Castle in Minneapolis while visiting the in-laws...Thank god we are only there once a year!

If I remember correctly, Omaha did have a White Castle way back in the day.  I think they have scaled their operation down to mainly cities east of the Mississippi these days (Chicago, Indy, Columbus, etc).
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

My wife likes them just for their little car antenna balls.

Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Stargazer wrote:My wife likes them just for their little car antenna balls.
Biting my tongue.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Yes, thank you... I'm on a roll.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

[youtube][/youtube]
ModestMouse
Home Owners Association

Post by ModestMouse »

correction:

chick fil a has been in sioux city for oh...20 years?

Well, whenever I canr emember, there always has been a chick fila.
Ingersoll1978
Library Board

Post by Ingersoll1978 »

Chick-fil-A has announced that free standing stores will be coming to Iowa soon (not just food courts).  It drives me nuts that they have one in a Principal Financial Group cafeteria downtown...but I have to drive to Jordan Creek to eat there.  LOL  I'm sure Omaha will be on their list soon.
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Check out this Jack -n- the Box parody.  My friends Ryan Murphy and Guy Busick are in this.  Murphy plays "Jackie" and Busick is his friend,  "Troy".  They are both from Grand Island.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/609865

WARNING: Not work safe.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That was great! Well done documentary. I hadn't heard his story before.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

My grandfather told me that Omaha use to have White Castle back in the 1920s and 1930s.

Post by Guest »

Wikipedia agrees (1923).
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

My son and I were in Seattle this weekend and we had our very first encounter with Jack-in-the-Box. We were both very impressed. We both had a Bacon Cheeseburger Chiabatta. It was excellent and about half the price of what I would gauge to be the same thing at Red Robin.

I have had White Castle in Minneapolis in the past and IMO, Jack wins by a wide margin.

Maybe we should all pool our funds together and get a franchise. Let's make the "rumor" happen!
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.

Post by Guest »

the1wags wrote:I've never had Jack in the Box. What we really need around here is.....White Castle!
Omaha needs and In & Out burger
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Anonymous wrote:
the1wags wrote:I've never had Jack in the Box. What we really need around here is.....White Castle!
Omaha needs and In & Out burger
Build them all, pay for that stadium!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Steak 'n Shake, Taco Cabana, Caniglia's, Tiner's, Todd's.....
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

I want "Taco Loco".. Tried it in Phoenix and it was great!
LA Boy

Post by LA Boy »

In n Out Burger!!!!!
Tommy's
King Taco
Fnord Explorer
Home Owners Association

Post by Fnord Explorer »

I'm not much into fast food but I AM glad to hear a Quaker Steak and Lube moved into the area.  Being a native Pittsburgher it's kind of like a piece of home.

Now they just need to move a Primanti Bros. and a few mountains here.   :yes:

Post by Guest »

We need an IN N OUT burger, Del Taco, and El Pollo Loco in Omaha
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Anonymous wrote:We need an IN N OUT burger, Del Taco, and El Pollo Loco in Omaha
I would kill for a Los Pollos Hermanos.