New Pepperjax location

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Choleric
Home Owners Association

New Pepperjax location

Post by Choleric »

Anyone else hear that Pepperjax is planning opening at Midtown Crossing and/or at a location downtown possibly near site of new stadium
Brad
City Council

Re: New Pepperjax location

Post by Brad »

Choleric wrote:Anyone else hear that Pepperjax is planning opening at Midtown Crossing and/or at a location downtown possibly near site of new stadium
I can see that.  They need one in downtown that it open until 3am!  They would do a killing over lunch and late night!
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

I am pretty sure Pepperjax is my new favorite restaraunt.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Choleric wrote:Anyone else hear that Pepperjax is planning opening at Midtown Crossing and/or at a location downtown possibly near site of new stadium
Midtown crossing would make sense.  Lunch traffic from downtown / midtown/ UNMC, plus enough residential between Midtown Crossing and other downtown/midtown residents.  While I'd love one down here in downtown / North Downtown / the Old Market, I feel like there isn't the population to support it for evening business quite yet, as if somebody is coming to the  OM for dinner, they wouldn't choose a chain place like that.  The only possible fit for a location might be Brandeis in a food court / anchor restaurant location.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

gisbuxfan wrote:I am pretty sure Pepperjax is my new favorite restaraunt.
I can say for sure that if it was healthy, I would eat there several times a week!

Post by Guest »

Brad wrote:
gisbuxfan wrote:I am pretty sure Pepperjax is my new favorite restaraunt.
I can say for sure that if it was healthy, I would eat there several times a week!
It's not healthy?
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

Pepperjax is good, definitely get it with jalepenos and "fireball". It seems like every time I have it for lunch I am unproductive in the afternoon and feel like taking a long nap. Also, it seems to trigger a trip to the restroom about an hour later...

Post by Guest »

Has anyone else gotten the "double meat?" Almost killed myself doing that.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Anonymous wrote:Has anyone else gotten the "double meat?" Almost killed myself doing that.
Sorry, that was me forgetting I was in the rumors section.  :roll:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Why is Pepperjax now listed on the Restaurants Inc website? Did they buy them?

http://restaurantsinc.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Brad wrote:Why is Pepperjax now listed on the Restaurants Inc website?  Did they buy them?

http://restaurantsinc.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Franchisee
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Heard Pepperjax is moving their HQ to Colorado and going to blow up. 100+ locations quickly.
Catfish
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Catfish »

This isn't a rumor. The headquarters is moving to Denver and was bought by a team made up of individuals that used to make up much of corporate Qdoba and money from a private equity firm out of SF. I can't speak to whether it'll blow up to over a hundred stores, although I know some of the individuals involved in the new ownership will tell you that. They also claim to have purchased some 37-40 stores for almost $60 million.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Catfish wrote:This isn't a rumor. The headquarters is moving to Denver and was bought by a team made up of individuals that used to make up much of corporate Qdoba and money from a private equity firm out of SF. I can't speak to whether it'll blow up to over a hundred stores, although I know some of the individuals involved in the new ownership will tell you that. They also claim to have purchased some 37-40 stores for almost $60 million.
Well, time to write them off. Like many former Omaha food outlets, once they go corporate, their food starts to decline. Liked the (unhealthy)
food. Liked the local base. Without the local base, it's just a sandwhich shop with massively unhealthy food. Bye.
Catfish
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Catfish »

Could not agree more.