McDonald's/BK coming DT?

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

ah, touche.  

But do they serve food late?
Go Cubs Go
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Yes they do. I actually love Billy Frog's burgers. M's is also open late for food too.
DTO
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

However, while both good, neither are "fast" food....
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Yeah, with the exception of the hot dog guy outside of Nomad, where do you get food downtown after midnight?
Stable genius.

Post by Guest »

I think the smoke pit stays open till 1. Or at least they used to.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

that's what i mean.  While i've been down there a lot to drink, i've never really seen anything open late enough for those who want food after the bar.  With last call coming at around 12:30 or 12:45, that's still early enough for there to be fast food options.  Many bar & grills that serve food, generally stop at 11 or so.  Thankfully, Council Bluffs has food options for me to get after i leave, but it'd be nice to have something within walking distance so that you could eat and sober up a bit before making the trip back home.
Go Cubs Go
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

I would be happy with an Arby's or Don and Millies coming downtown.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Anonymous wrote:I think the smoke pit stays open till 1. Or at least they used to.
I think there open until 3. I stopped in there a few weekends ago after drag night and Harrah's and the place was packed.
DTO
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

There is a very interested party in buying the downtown Doozy's sub n pizza on 16th. The new owners will be keeping it open till 3am with delivery.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

thenewguy wrote:seems like quite a tangent for a small joke :;):  

For what it's worth, I'd prefer a burger joint downtown that was local.  But if the masses would rather patronize a chain, then i wouldn't be upset by that, either.  Everyone on this site has eaten from a chain at some point.  Everyone.  Whether by choice or by force due to lack of options, they are better than having nothing at all (and right now, downtown has no late night options).
The tangent came from longing for the local guys.  I know its a different world nowadays.  It would be great to see Don & Millies downtown but those guys are so tight that if you jammed a lump of coal up their expletive in a week you'd have a diamond.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Stable genius.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Big E wrote:Image
Thats the one.  One of my favorite & oft-quoted movie lines.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

"Excuse me...  do you speak English?"

"What country you think this is?"
Stable genius.
RegisResident
Home Owners Association

Post by RegisResident »

S33 wrote:There is a very interested party in buying the downtown Doozy's sub n pizza on 16th. The new owners will be keeping it open till 3am with delivery.
Hmmm... hopefully whoever is thinking about buying it actually talks to the people who live above the shop since I don't know how excited they will be about having a late night food place below them. Although having a late night food place might actually get someone to open up something in the bar/restaurant in the basement.

I love Doozy's but the relationship between Doozy's and the Regis hasn't always been the best- when they first opened there was a problem with their exhaust system that caused the fire alarms to go off 2-3 times/week- it didn't get fixed for about 6 months. The tables that are locked up on the sidewalk whenever they are closed attract all sorts of interesting people that hang out on them. The last thing is their employees throw their cig. butts all over the ground when there is an ashtray next to the bus stop and another one at the Regis entrance.

Overall, I would be excited to have a late night food option downtown, especially if I can just walk downstairs to get it :) I just hope the are courteous to their neighbors.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

thenewguy wrote:
GetUrban wrote:
DTO Luv wrote:There was an Arby's DT? I'd way rather have that than First National.
Yeah, those were the days!  I never understood why Arby's didn't relocate somewhere else DT. They should open one in the old MJ space .....  :yes:  

Plus Arby's would spew less smoke and grease into the air than McD's or BK.

That's the glory of those 2 places though.  Ah, think of a walk through downtown, with the smell of french fries in the air.  The pure joy of it is making my |expletive| fatter.
That reminds me of The Diner at 12th & Harney...is that place still open? You could always tell (smell) when a co-worker had gone to lunch there!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Downtown as DTO wishes it

OMA-->CHI-->NYC
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Yes the Diner is still open.
DTO
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Missed my previous post didn't you?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Yep I did. looks like we posted at the same time. I would totally do a KFC DT, all those other places not so much. But I would go to a Royals Game in Sarpy county if we could get a Taco Bell DT.
DTO
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

That's what i'm sayin man!  If any of you (as i'm sure many of you have) gone to the Taco Bell on 28th & Broadway at about 2:10 in the morning, they have long lines.  It's also worth noting that they are open until 5am friday and saturday, and until 3 every other day.  Taco Bell downtown?  Makes too much sense to me.  |expletive|, i may just contact them myself and see if i can do a franchise.  Don't worry, i'd slip you all a large for the price of a medium.
Go Cubs Go
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

We totally didn't drunk drive to that Taco Bell one time and didn't wait behind this guy who was totally drunk and standing in the drive through line at about 2:30 one morning.
DTO
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

the sad part of it is they probably served him like it happens everyday.
Go Cubs Go
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

No they didn't actually.
DTO
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

thenewguy wrote:the sad part of it is they probably served him like it happens everyday.
No fast food joint with a drive through would serve someone walking through the drive-through due to insurance reasons.
Stable genius.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

see, i always wondered about that.  When Hot'n'Now was still open on broadway (burger joint), some friends of mine walked through the drive through once.  That was like 14 years ago, but i wondered why stopped trying.
Go Cubs Go
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Oh God.  Hot 'n' Now.  When I was in high school the burgers were like $.29 and the cheeseburgers were like $.49...

So let me get this straight...  one slice of processed cheese costs roughly the same as the burger, bun and condiments?  Might as well just carve out a few feet of my intestine right now.
Stable genius.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

with their prices, i can't believe they went out of business :;):   And yeah, i hear ya on the carve out my intestines thing because of all the processed [whatever] they used.  We would eat there like everyday for 2 months, and towards the end, i was amassing quite a few free passes to searing gas pain land.  Finally getting my license was probably the best thing for my gut after all the run-ins with Hot'n Now.

TMI?  :P
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

DTO Luv wrote:Does anyone know why my blood has the consistency of Smucker's?
Because several times a week you eat pasta with Alfredo sauce at Spaghetti works and you top it off with sausage and meat balls?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

thenewguy wrote:with their prices, i can't believe they went out of business :;):   And yeah, i hear ya on the carve out my intestines thing because of all the processed [whatever] they used.  We would eat there like everyday for 2 months, and towards the end, i was amassing quite a few free passes to searing gas pain land.  Finally getting my license was probably the best thing for my gut after all the run-ins with Hot'n Now.

TMI?  :P
To discuss further colonic expulsions, please see The Coffee Shop section. :;):

Everyplace DT has a cream based sauce I love. (You're up Big E)

Spaghetti Works alfredo, of course with sausage and meatballs. The Crawfish and Andouille Fettucini at Jazz is THE BEST thing ever. I would drink the sauce from a milk jug if I could. And the Chicken Asiago with sun dried tomatoes at Vincenzo's is extra |expletive| delicious. The mussels at Stokes have an fantastic cream sauce as well. I just wish I hadn't downed a bottle of vodka before eating it then spewing it all up in the bathroom later. Vivace has a superb seafood alfredo with mussels and peas.
DTO
10thstgoober
Home Owners Association

Post by 10thstgoober »

Does anyone else find it bothersome that these Fast Food threads get so much attention??  72 replies!  Make a poll already.

I'd be fine with a Chipotle or Arbys.