Walt Disney Special

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Walt Disney Special

Post by Brad »

Yesterday at Easter Dinner I was talking to my "source" at Omaha's Durham Museum.  They told me that in August Walt Disney will be running a special train to go along with a movie opening.  It will make several stops in all different cities including Omaha.  The train will be open to the public at each stop.

My source had no idea what the train would be...
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Re: Walt Disney Special

Post by NovakOmaha »

Brad wrote:Yesterday at Easter Dinner I was talking to my "source" at Omaha's Durham Museum.  They told me that in August Walt Disney will be running a special train to go along with a movie opening.  It will make several stops in all different cities including Omaha.  The train will be open to the public at each stop.

My source had no idea what the train would be...
If it doesn't keep saying "I think I can" I will be terribly disappointed.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

Disney is re-releasing Toy Story 1 and 2 in October 2009.  They are gearing up for the Toy Story 3 release in June of 2010.

I don't see any other Disney movies coming out in that time frame.  Disney is releasing 3 movies in November;
'A Christmas Carol', 'Old Dogs', and 'The Princess and the Frog.'
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Not a rumor

The schedule is o their web site now.  I had heard the schedule was just released and went looking.  The train will be in Omaha Aug 28 -30.  Here is the link.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/chr ... /schedule/

Here is a press release of what it is all about.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRelea ... 674&EDATE=

All Aboard For 'Disney's A Christmas Carol' Train Tour

FROM SNEAK PEEKS OF EXCLUSIVE 3D FILM FOOTAGE TO SUMMERTIME SNOW - DISNEY PULLS OUT ALL THE WHISTLE STOPS FOR 40-CITY TRAVELING EXPERIENCE

Departing Los Angeles May 22; Tour to Cover More Than 16,000 Miles

BURBANK, Calif., May 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Disney is pulling out all the whistle stops and taking its show on the road with a spectacular immersive and interactive 40-city train tour including a 3D sneak peek of film footage from the upcoming movie "Disney's A Christmas Carol," it was announced today (05/08/09) by Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. Set amidst a snowy backdrop -- complete with all of the sights and sounds of Christmas including carolers, decorations, giveaways and many more surprises in each of the 40 cities -- the Train Tour is being launched with HP on board as the title and technology sponsor and driven by Amtrak. This family event is for guests of all ages and is free to the public.

Starring Jim Carrey and directed by Academy Award(R)-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis, "Disney's A Christmas Carol" opens in theatres November 6 in Disney Digital 3D(TM) and in IMAX 3D(R).

Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "'Disney's A Christmas Carol' Train Tour is an incredibly fun way to introduce families across the country to the wonders and spectacle that is Robert Zemeckis' unique and spectacular new holiday film. We are so proud of the movie, and think the 3D footage is so incredible, we just had to give everyone a chance to see it in Disney Digital 3D. From Los Angeles to New York, and all points in between, guests are going to have a fabulous time discovering things about the making of this extraordinary film, participating in their own festive fantasies, and getting into the holiday spirit all year round. 'Disney's A Christmas Carol' is great entertainment for moviegoers of all ages, and this is the perfect introduction to a fun and exciting new holiday classic."

Among the highlights of the tour are authentic artifacts on loan from the Charles Dickens Museum of London; artwork, costumes and props from the film; demonstrations of performance capture technology; and a chance to morph your face into one of the film's characters using HP TouchSmart PCs. At each stop along the way, a state-of-the-art Disney Digital 3D Theatre will be erected, where guests can get a sneak peek of "Disney's A Christmas Carol" and see other exclusive behind-the-scenes materials from the movie. The latest details about tour stops and scheduled events are available at http://www.christmascaroltraintour.com.

Featuring four custom-designed vintage rail cars full of behind-the-scenes attractions, entertaining demonstrations, and fun activities, the tour will have its inaugural stop at Los Angeles' Union Station over Memorial Day Weekend, from May 22nd through May 25th. During the next 24 weeks, the train will make 40 stops in 36 states, as it travels its way across more than 16,000 miles of track. The tour will finish at New York's Grand Central Terminal over the weekend of October 30th through November 1st. .....................................

More at the link
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Bump.....coming up this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The train is in Kansas City on Tuesday for one day only, so it should get up here on Wednesday or so.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.