World Market building - Village Pointe

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

World Market building - Village Pointe

Post by Uffda »

Heard from a friend who works out at Village Pointe that the management is talking to a national store chain to take over the building but they are keeping it pretty quiet at this time.

Hopefully it won't take as long to fill as the food market did.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Borders?  Barns and Nobel?
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Goodwill?
Blade1655
Home Owners Association

Post by Blade1655 »

Let me get this straight...  The property management group is talking to someone about taking up occupancy?

Wow!!  Great news!!
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

Blade1655 wrote:Let me get this straight...  The property management group is talking to someone about taking up occupancy?

Wow!!  Great news!!
That was harsh.  It is always good to hear about the progress of filling in vacant stores, no matter how general.  I'm glad eomaha has members who have their ear to the ground and pick up on stuff.  Keep up the good work Uffda!
Brad wrote:Borders?  Barns and Nobel?
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

I'm surprised a book store wasn't an initial tenet at Village Point.  That area is dying for a book store.
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
annad
Home Owners Association

Post by annad »

bradley414 wrote: Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

I'm surprised a book store wasn't an initial tenet at Village Point.  That area is dying for a book store.
No kidding.  That would be great!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

That was harsh.  It is always good to hear about the progress of filling in vacant stores, no matter how general.  I'm glad eomaha has members who have their ear to the ground and pick up on stuff.  Keep up the good work Uffda!
Don't worry I blew him off.  Seems there might be an announcement in the next couple of months.  But then again look how long it took to fill the other building.  One advantage i see for this one it is right across the street from Kona and johnny's so lots of traffic down there that way.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Old Navy coming to Village Pointe

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100225/MONEY/702259875

Old Navy has closed its store at the Mall of the Bluffs in Council Bluffs and will open a store at Village Pointe shopping center in west Omaha in April.

The new store will be on the east end of Village Pointe’s “Main Street,” in a corner space previously occupied by Cost Plus World Market, which closed in early 2009.
The Omaha area has three other Old Navy stores: at Westroads and Oak View Malls in Omaha and Shadow Lake Towne Center in Papillion.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

nebugeater wrote:Old Navy coming to Village Pointe

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100225/MONEY/702259875

Old Navy has closed its store at the Mall of the Bluffs in Council Bluffs and will open a store at Village Pointe shopping center in west Omaha in April.

The new store will be on the east end of Village Pointe’s “Main Street,” in a corner space previously occupied by Cost Plus World Market, which closed in early 2009.
The Omaha area has three other Old Navy stores: at Westroads and Oak View Malls in Omaha and Shadow Lake Towne Center in Papillion.
My wife will be thrilled!

(I'm still hoping for a book store though)
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."