Quizno's to become Subway

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Quizno's to become Subway

Post by Guest »

I've heard that the former Quizno's, on 16th street will soon become a Subway.  The Subway shop in the Brandeis building would remain.  (same owner)
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

That would be 4 Subways DT.

-Old Market
-Brandies
- Farm Credit Building (19th and Dodge)
- Now 16th St?

I don't see it happening.
DTO
I hate Quiznos

Post by I hate Quiznos »

Oh f-in well.  Quiznos sucks and its a rip off.  At least there is still a Jimmy Johns down there.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Does downtown have a NY style Deli.  You know something with huge pastrami sandos.  Guy went to a NY style deli in Houston on Monday's episode of Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives.  We need something like that down there.
justnick
Human Relations

Post by justnick »

They all suck compared to Little King's. Though the one downtown sucks compared to the one up in Florence. Quiznos is less sucky. Subway is the suckiest. I hope this ain't true.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Even if there weren't numerous Subways there's definitely and overlap in sandwich places DT.
DTO
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Brad wrote:Does downtown have a NY style Deli.  You know something with huge pastrami sandos.  Guy went to a NY style deli in Houston on Monday's episode of Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives.  We need something like that down there.
While its certainly not the same quality as the DDD place, there is a NY deli on 17th St, in the builiding just north of the Brandeis, if I remember correctly....  Can't remember the name off the top of my head.  Old school place, decent Reuben sandwich.  Supported mostly by the downtown lunch crowd, only open for breakfast and lunch, I believe.
Last edited by Ben on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

DTO Luv wrote:Even if there weren't numerous Subways there's definitely and overlap in sandwich places DT.
Fast Food Sandos, but where do you get a GOOD sando beside M's Pub?

Post by Guest »

I don't see it happening
I may be wrong but I do think its going happen.  Not all these Subways are owned by the same people.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

justnick wrote:They all suck compared to Little King's.
:lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:
You're kidding right?

Sarcasm is so difficult to do in print.

Anyway, you are discussing Manhatten's Deli, which was still there last week.  Haven't been there in years, and frankly, I thought Subway and Quizno's were better at that time.  But it's a downtown institution.  Personally, my favorite downtown sandwich shop is Doozy's.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

HskrFanMike wrote:
justnick wrote:They all suck compared to Little King's.
:lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:  :lafcry:
You're kidding right?

Sarcasm is so difficult to do in print.

Anyway, you are discussing Manhatten's Deli, which was still there last week.  Haven't been there in years, and frankly, I thought Subway and Quizno's were better at that time.  But it's a downtown institution.  Personally, my favorite downtown sandwich shop is Doozy's.
Yes, he really, really does love Little King.
DTO
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

A subway in Brandies and in this location? A block apart? Getting Starbucks in Seattleish there aren't we? I'd rather see it go Taco Bell. Not that Taco Bell is good food, but I love me some Bell sometimes. Plus it wouldn't be another sandwich shop.
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

I hate Quiznos wrote:Oh f-in well.  Quiznos sucks and its a rip off.  At least there is still a Jimmy Johns down there.
I love Subway, but Quiznos is better IMO.
RegisResident
Home Owners Association

Post by RegisResident »

the1wags wrote:A subway in Brandies and in this location? A block apart? Getting Starbucks in Seattleish there aren't we? I'd rather see it go Taco Bell. Not that Taco Bell is good food, but I love me some Bell sometimes. Plus it wouldn't be another sandwich shop.
I wish we had a Taco Bell, Chipotle, or something other than sub shops down here. I also wish that more places were open on the weekends, instead of just for the week day lunch crowd.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

Brad wrote:Does downtown have a NY style Deli.  You know something with huge pastrami sandos.  Guy went to a NY style deli in Houston on Monday's episode of Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives.  We need something like that down there.
Went to a place called Manahattan Deli one time and had a French dip that was really good, they have a good selection of sandwiches.  Its on 19th between farnam and douglas I believe.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Blasphemy!! I digg Quizno's, JJ's, better then ScrubWay and Little Kings. Not that I don't eat at either. They all have their certain styles butt no one quite makes an Italian (#9 @ JJ"s) better then they do. Plus those brownies up by the drinks.. dam good - dam good. The only thing Little Kings anyone has over them is alcohol at the location in the market. JJ's has late night delivery for those pre after hour munchies.  Little King's just sucks they can go to heck.
15-17, 26, 32
Asten
Human Relations

Post by Asten »

I miss Nooners and Brown Baggers. But especially Nooners.

Manhattan's has character

Post by Guest »

I really enjoy the Manhattan's Deli shop on the NW corner of 19th & Farnam.  
The corned beef sandwich (cold) is very good.  
I think the dining room has character -- I feel comfortable there.

-Troy
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Well, the Quiznos downtown was closed last week, so this rumor has some validity to it.  But Brown Baggers is still open; they moved into the library when the Omaha building was being renovated.  And you still get a cookie with your sandwich.
RegisResident
Home Owners Association

Post by RegisResident »

Yeah, Quiznos has been closed for a while... I think over a month. I put in a request for Chipotle to look into the location since I'm sure they would have a killer lunch crowd and they could probably do pretty decently at dinner since a lot of their locations serve margaritas and beer. I really would like something other than subs down here.

BrownBaggers closed at last visit

Post by Guest »

Sorry HskrFanMike, about four weeks ago I went to the library on a weekday around lunchtime to have BrownBaggers and it was closed.  All equipment was packed up and there was a sign it was closed.
Unless someone has been there in the last four weeks to report it has opened back up, then I think this downtown institution is over.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Maybe by miracle a Coyote Ugly opens up there...  X X
15-17, 26, 32
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Re: BrownBaggers closed at last visit

Post by HskrFanMike »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry HskrFanMike, about four weeks ago I went to the library on a weekday around lunchtime to have BrownBaggers and it was closed.  All equipment was packed up and there was a sign it was closed.
Unless someone has been there in the last four weeks to report it has opened back up, then I think this downtown institution is over.
I stand corrected...