Brandeis Restaurant Tenants

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:
Brad wrote:
StreetsOfOmaha wrote:If I just heard someone say the name, I might think it was a place called "Patio Quigley's".
Close.... "Paddy O'Quiglies"  Page one of this thread, December 28, 2009.
LOL. Are you serious? Of course I saw that, and I know what Paddy O'Quigley's is. That's how I knew to do the play on words of "Patio Quigley's". Give me some credit, Brad.  :;):

That reminds me of a place someone told me about once called "Paddy O'Toole's, I thought it was a store that sold patio tools instead of a bar.

Post by Guest »

So, construction was going very well about 10 days ago but it has completely stopped.
:(
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

What Irishmen is known for staying out all night long?

Paddy O'Furniture.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:What Irishmen is known for staying out all night long?

Paddy O'Furniture.
Groan!
discemantion

glenn miller (rent a cop)

Post by discemantion »

:evil: I used to eat there weekly but their rent a cop kicked me out for using the restroom after eating, telling me it was only for customers. I guess if you dont have a suit and tie on you cant eat in their food court.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Paddy O'Furniture.
Also the name of a local band. :)
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

So, no work taken place in the last 6 weeks, however, new signage says opening soon and hiring.  Must have gotten things worked out.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

ItsAllAboutMe wrote:So, no work taken place in the last 6 weeks, however, new signage says opening soon and hiring.  Must have gotten things worked out.
I doubt it. That sign replaced one that said "Opening this fall" which replaced one that said "Opening in June." They removed any sort of commitment or comment to an opening date. Nothing is being done in there. It's all just stupid :x
nomm89

paddy o's up and working again

Post by nomm89 »

they have a 4 month deadline to finish the restaurant. it was postponed due to financial issues, and to the guy that got talked to about the public restroom, maybe don't look like you live on the street and you wouldn't get questioned. they laid the tile inside the bar yesterday, will be complete in less that 4 months. i work in the building, this is the information i've been provided.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

So just to be clear, Paddy O'Quigley's isn't a Townsend project?  A familiar trend has emerged here.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

So, just to be clear, were you asking a question, or making a statement?  :;):
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
icejammer
County Board

Re: paddy o's up and working again

Post by icejammer »

nomm89 wrote:they have a 4 month deadline to finish the restaurant. it was postponed due to financial issues, and to the guy that got talked to about the public restroom, maybe don't look like you live on the street and you wouldn't get questioned. they laid the tile inside the bar yesterday, will be complete in less that 4 months. i work in the building, this is the information i've been provided.
So, when did the 4 month deadline start?  'Cuz they're coming up on 4 months fast, and things have a ways to go....
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Wow that place STILL isn't open? What a joke.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

Walked past the SW corner of 16th & Douglas this morning. There has been no activity in Paddy O'Quigley's for months and their sign is now on the floor (unreadable). I'd say this one is dead, folks.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

derog wrote:Walked past the SW corner of 16th & Douglas this morning. There has been no activity in Paddy O'Quigley's for months and their sign is now on the floor (unreadable). I'd say this one is dead, folks.
Paddy O'Quigley's is definitely dead now. Too bad, I guess. Image