Runza Corporate HQ (8800 Firethorn Lane)

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Runza Corporate HQ (8800 Firethorn Lane)

Post by CapitalGuy »

Runza National's new HQ
Lincoln-based Runza plans to break ground later this month on a new 47,000-square-foot office building at 8800 Firethorn Lane in southeast Lincoln. The building is expected to be completed by June 2018.
Greg S
City Council

Re: Runza Corporate HQ (8800 Firethorn Lane)

Post by Greg S »

Looks cool. Will be interesting to watch their upcoming growth.

Greg
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Greg S wrote:Looks cool. Will be interesting to watch their upcoming growth.

Greg
Any reason why you think they will suddenly start growing more than before? Is corporate planning to expand? They've had franchising available for years and seem to only have 5 locations outside on Nebraska. I've pitched the idea to a few close friends that have moved out of state, but they all say "people here in XYZ city wouldn't like it."
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:

Greg
Any reason why you think they will suddenly start growing more than before? Is corporate planning to expand? They've had franchising available for years and seem to only have 5 locations outside on Nebraska. I've pitched the idea to a few close friends that have moved out of state, but they all say "people here in XYZ city wouldn't like it."

Not sure if you read the story or not but it states that their growth plans are about the same number of stores per year as recent years. They will focus more on out of state and franchise as the "local" are is close to full. More people are needed to support the franchise operation than company owned.

All about building for the next generation it states.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Basically I was wondering if he knew something that we didn't. The article sounded like, "we've stagnated for several years but hopefully a new corporate office will [somehow] get us new stores." Are they not gaining franchisees because their corporate office is not exciting?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:

Greg
From reading the article the expansion will take place outside of Nebraska and through franchising. The thing with Runza is, even if you don't like the signature Runza, their burgers, fries and rings are top notch.

If I was going to buy their franchises, I'd go to KC. Lots of ex Nebraskans there that will provide you a strong base. I imagine they will hit the border states hard.

Greg
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Yeah but they've been franchising for years. Why would they all of the sudden start pushing those more? Maybe they changed their process or maybe corporate has decided that they will expand into other states more?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yes, from the article the indication was expansion through franchising outside of Nebraska. They basically said they have saturated the Nebraska market.

Greg
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

They've already been franchising outside of Nebraska for years.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:They've already been franchising outside of Nebraska for years.
Lol, read the article.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Linkin5 wrote:
Omaha_corn_burner wrote:They've already been franchising outside of Nebraska for years.
Lol, read the article.
Have you read the article? I've read it twice now.
Runza hit 80 locations in 2008 and now sits on 83
So in 9 years they added 3 locations. Yeah, let's continue that growth.
Everett said Runza forecasts opening three to five new locations a year going forward.
Is this what you're excited about? 3-5 new locations per year?

Percentage-wise, okay, 4% growth each year.
Dollars-wise, that's nothing.

They're going to build a building for over 10 million dollars. I hope they have some good cash reserves, because 4 locations a year will take forever (15+ years) to pay back 10 million dollars.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I give them credit. The corporate name is Runza National. If you're going to brag to the women, change your name to Mr. Big. So their "nation" is Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas & Colorado? Big nation there Bubba. Seriously, they do ship nationwide & probably quite a bit. I do miss Runza. One thing about them versus Godfathers & Valentinos is that their quality has held up. Godfathers & Vals are nothing like they were when they were starting out.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

NovakOmaha wrote: Godfathers & Vals are nothing like they were when they were starting out.
Especially Godfather's. That stuff is terrible anymore.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

They opened a couple in Sioux Falls several years ago --- they didn't catch on and closed.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Runza offers 'Temperature Tuesdays' again this winter
Runzas are made from scratch each day at 82 restaurants across Nebraska and outlets in Loveland, Colo., Clarinda and Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Lawrence, Kan.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

This will be the second one in Colorado, with the other in Loveland. There was one in Ft Collins that closed. I think that one was the first Runza I ever tried.