Empyrean

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Edagger
New to the Neighborhood

Empyrean

Post by Edagger »

Empyrean to move brewery to old Meadow Gold site
MATT OLBERDING, Lincoln Journal Star wrote:The company that owns Empyrean Brewing Co. has bought the former Meadow Gold plant and plans to move its brewery there and expand it.

According to county real estate records, Telesis Inc., through a subsidiary named The Dairy House LLC, paid a little more than $1.2 million for the former dairy processing plant at 726 L St.

Telesis Inc. President Eric Schafer wrote in a letter Wednesday to the Lincoln-Lancaster Planning Department that the former Meadow Gold plant is a better location for light manufacturing than the brewery's current location at 729 Q. St., next door to its signature restaurant, Lazlo's, and also home to the Telesis corporate headquarters.
delinea design
Home Owners Association

Post by delinea design »

I think this is really great for Lincoln.  The Meadow Gold site will be a major location once the Ice Center and Arena are built.  With Color Court just east of Meadow Gold also receiving a renovation, I really think the South Haymarket could be bustling in a few years.  It would be great if this led to the renovation of the six-story warehouse southeast of Meadow Gold, just behind the courthouse.  I've always thought this building had great potential and has to have some striking views of downtown and the capitol.  I can't wait to see some plans for the Meadow Gold building (it's huge) and would be interesting to see how the offices and residential portions will be integrated - plus... more beer!