Centennial Mall

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Centennial Mall

Post by Coyote »

Famous facts to edge Centennial Mall
NANCY HICKS / Lincoln Journal Star wrote:The pathway will give people all across the state the opportunity to honor organizations or memorialize friends and family, to recognize significant leadership and service by individuals and organizations across the state, said Susan Larson Rodenburg, who is organizing the fundraising campaign for the Lincoln Parks and Recreation Department.

The design team and fundraising teams also are working to rebrand the mall. It will be Nebraska's Centennial Mall, giving it a statewide presence. Centennial mall connects two of the state's greatest institutions: the Capitol and the university, Rodenburg said.

Centennial Mall renovation plans moving along
Lincoln Journal Star wrote:Just last week, $260,000 was raised for the $9.6 million project. That leaves about $2.6 million still to raise, Johnson said. Construction on three blocks of Centennial from M to P streets will hopefully begin in May or June and will include paving, landscaping and lighting.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Centennial Mall renovation to include features honoring Plains tribes
NANCY HICKS: Lincoln Journal Star wrote:Once renovated, Nebraska Centennial Mall likely will include additional features honoring the 20 to 24 tribes who had influence on the state. Four limestone benches in the mall between L and M streets will be dedicated to the four tribes with current ties to Nebraska -- the Omaha, Santee Sioux, Winnebago and Ponca.
Collin
Home Owners Association

Re: Centennial Mall

Post by Collin »

I thought I had read somewhere that work had ended until spring a few weeks back so it was a nice surprise seeing them hard at work today!

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I didn't know they were even that far along. Thanks Collin!
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Coyote wrote:I didn't know they were even that far along. Thanks Collin!
I had no clue either. I thought it was still just fenced off and dirt like the part in front of the journalism school still is. I was very excited! :o No problem.