Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Whole Foods (Lincoln)

Post by Brad »

Whole Foods (Lincoln)

http://journalstar.com/business/local/w ... 5bdb8.html

www.journalstar.com wrote:Whole Foods considers its planned Lincoln store so important it’s making an exception to corporate policy.

Normally, the company only announces planned new stores every three months, naming them during its quarterly earnings announcement.

In fact, Whole Foods spokeswoman Kate Klotz said this might be the first time in company history it has deviated from its tightly controlled script.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Re: Whole Foods (Lincoln)

Post by NovakOmaha »

Brad wrote:Whole Foods (Lincoln)

http://journalstar.com/business/local/w ... 5bdb8.html

www.journalstar.com wrote:Whole Foods considers its planned Lincoln store so important it’s making an exception to corporate policy.

Normally, the company only announces planned new stores every three months, naming them during its quarterly earnings announcement.

In fact, Whole Foods spokeswoman Kate Klotz said this might be the first time in company history it has deviated from its tightly controlled script.
Overpirced.  Trader Joe's has better deals most of the time.  Costco for bulk.  Hy Vee has a nice selection of produce in Omaha.  Just my opinion.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Re: Whole Foods (Lincoln)

Post by Seth »

NovakOmaha wrote:Overpirced.  Trader Joe's has better deals most of the time.  Costco for bulk.  Hy Vee has a nice selection of produce in Omaha.  Just my opinion.
I would agree with you there.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I personally like Whole Foods more, WAY more selection.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Good thing Lincolnites have the option of both.  Lincoln is actually highly impressive when it comes to retail offerings for how small it is.  Not surprising how quickly its growing.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The Whole Foods store is packed most days, and it is impossible to find a parking spot at times on weekends.  Yes they are pricy, but their customer base doesn't care.  Their food quality is impeccable, and no other store in town, except for Trader Joes, has such happy, outgoing employees.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Whole Foods is nice, great selection and all but there is a reason it's called Whole Paycheck.  Given my choice, I'll take Trader Joe's any day.....

Greg
mrgoldsmith23
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mrgoldsmith23 »

Whole Foods is going to be at about 66th and O St.  This is south/across the street from Gateway Mall.  There is "Whole Foods coming soon" sign.  I didn't take a picture, but I can some time this week.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

mrgoldsmith23 wrote:Whole Foods is going to be at about 66th and O St.  This is south/across the street from Gateway Mall.  There is "Whole Foods coming soon" sign.  I didn't take a picture, but I can some time this week.

Is that about where the Hyvee was that has been closed for a long time?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

nebugeater wrote:
mrgoldsmith23 wrote:Whole Foods is going to be at about 66th and O St.  This is south/across the street from Gateway Mall.  There is "Whole Foods coming soon" sign.  I didn't take a picture, but I can some time this week.

Is that about where the Hyvee was that has been closed for a long time?
It's actually 59th and O.  It's where the previous LPS headquarters was until a teacher went crazy and burned the building down (not kidding).  The whole foods store is part of the new LPS headquarters development, if you know where Ameritrade is its right across the street.
l-dude
Home Owners Association

Post by l-dude »

Right address, wrong building name.  Ameritas Insurance Co. (the former Bankers Life) building, not Ameritrade.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

l-dude wrote:Right address, wrong building name.  Ameritas Insurance Co. (the former Bankers Life) building, not Ameritrade.
Ah you're right, I always do that.
RichLNK
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RichLNK »

It seems that all the tenant spaces for the LPS headquarters redevelopment have filled up. Whole Foods was announced the anchor tenant last summer, but now joining them is another Chipotle, Select Comfort (Minneapolis-based mattress company), Massage Envy (Scottsdale-based massage and spa), and JoS A. Bank. I'm probably most excited for JoS A. Bank to enter the Lincoln Market. With the amount of traffic in that area, I'm sure it will do pretty well.
mrgoldsmith23
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mrgoldsmith23 »

Chipotle will also do very well with the amount of college students that come through that area.