The "New" Barry's Bar

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

The "New" Barry's Bar

Post by nebugeater »

Barry's iin Lincoln has been sold and is undergoing a makover while keeing true to their roots it seems.   Read this from the Lincoln Journal

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/di ... 9dd50.html

When Barry’s re-opens on Aug. 15, the Husker hangout will feature three bar areas and a menu of Kansas City barbecue and Nebraska-brewed beers.

Down the road -- hopefully by the time Big Ten Conference play begins -- the rooftop will be open with an additional bar for thirsty football fans.

Read more: http://journalstar.com/entertainment/di ... z1xcYKbaKh
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I saw this earlier but didn't have time to post.  They did a great job of redesigning the exterior to blend in with the area, the old white facade is pretty ugly.

Overall, should be a great new addition.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The city keeps rolling.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

THAT is the kind of thing that would look great near the ballpark.....IN OMAHA

Great job Lincoln!
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Just got around to reading this:
The bulk of the renovation will occur in "The Outback," which will be divided into two separate rooms: a large nightclub with a dance floor and elevated seating and "Barry's 10 Below," a martini bar with its own entrance and a bar made of ice.
Good luck with that.
Stable genius.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Big E wrote:Just got around to reading this:
a bar made of ice.
Good luck with that.
Too cold, too cold.

Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

This looks like a great project.  I like the density around the arena there.  That is going to be a great area before and after games.

Greg
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

The trick is to keep the area busy when there isn't anything at the new arena.  Sounds like that will happen.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I thought at one point they were going to build a 2nd ped bridge from Haymarket Park and that parking was being expanded there.  Not sure if that is still happening or not.

I used to go to the Haymarket area a lot when I was in school in Lincoln.  It had plenty of foot traffic then.  Can only imagine how much more it will have now.

Greg
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

As far as I know its still in the plans, you can click on the link below and it breaks everything down really nicely.

http://journalstar.com/app/special-section/arena/
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Linkin5 wrote:As far as I know its still in the plans, you can click on the link below and it breaks everything down really nicely.

Outstanding.  What is the status of the superblocks part?  Between the current Haymarket, the new area, the arena, Breslow Ice Complex, Haymarket ball park, etc., this is an unbelievable area.  A few more hotels are needed and will come with time, but very well done.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:As far as I know its still in the plans, you can click on the link below and it breaks everything down really nicely.

Outstanding.  What is the status of the superblocks part?  Between the current Haymarket, the new area, the arena, Breslow Ice Complex, Haymarket ball park, etc., this is an unbelievable area.  A few more hotels are needed and will come with time, but very well done.
The breslow center is actually one of the few things on the map where it is not clear whether it will be at that location, or even built at all.  Also, there are a couple of new hotels going in the Haymarket as of now.

"The Yard" is the superblock part of the project which from all indications will be a go, here is a pic of it:

Here is a pic of one of the hotels, it is topped out and should be open pretty soon:

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

What happened to the Breslow?

Hotel Sign?  Funny name for a hotel.  Right up there with the Hotel Deco.  Next door will be the Restaurant Eat?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

NovakOmaha wrote:What happened to the Breslow?

Hotel Sign?  Funny name for a hotel.  Right up there with the Hotel Deco.  Next door will be the Restaurant Eat?
There was some article about six months ago talking about moving locations, but since then there has been nothing and its unclear where they are at with the project.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

NovakOmaha wrote:Hotel Sign?  Funny name for a hotel.  Right up there with the Hotel Deco.  Next door will be the Restaurant Eat?
Lol, that made me chuckle too.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Hotele Signe, or is that joke is getting kind of old?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

jessep28 wrote:Hotele Signe, or is that joke is getting kind of old?
I think it may have run it's course, lol.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

Seth wrote:
jessep28 wrote:Hotele Signe, or is that joke is getting kind of old?
I think it may have run it's course, lol.
That's what you thinke.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
HuskerAlum04
New to the Neighborhood

Post by HuskerAlum04 »

Just thought people should know that barrys rooftop looks close to being complete.  Outside facade looks real sharp with the brick and black trim work.  Black iron fence surrounding the rooftop seems to fit that haymarket/old railyard feel.  I'm sure the Haymarket district had a part in that with the new entertainment area being named "The Railyard" and not just 'the yard' as before.  Here is another rendering of the rooftop.  Looks nearly identical in real life to what this shows:  
james324lin
New to the Neighborhood

Post by james324lin »

the club portion of barrys on the west side is called 10 below and i was there yesterday and its actually quite nice. reminds me of a larger and more upscale mainstreet.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

This looks really really cool.

Greg