Wilderness Hills mall

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

james324lin
New to the Neighborhood

Wilderness Hills mall

Post by james324lin »

Does anyone have any updates on the mostly empty shopping center in front of Khols on 27th and Pine Lake. I remember when it was built in 2008 or so the local media was saying that it would be Lincoln's third mall. With all the retail going in around the city and building why isn't any one going in there? The south side could support a TJMaxx, Homegoods, Dave and busters ect. Walmart is going up across the street and the area seems to get good traffic.
bbtran72
Home Owners Association

Re: Wilderness Hills mall

Post by bbtran72 »

james324lin wrote:Does anyone have any updates on the mostly empty shopping center in front of Khols on 27th and Pine Lake. I remember when it was built in 2008 or so the local media was saying that it would be Lincoln's third mall. With all the retail going in around the city and building why isn't any one going in there? The south side could support a TJMaxx, Homegoods, Dave and busters ect. Walmart is going up across the street and the area seems to get good traffic.
I think you meant 27th and Yankee Hill?  I remember they wanted super target but the place where they had planned for it target didn't like (not enough exposure) so target went on 40th street and yankee instead. As for other tenants, i think its too close to south point mall.
Suit Up