Dish Network Customers

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Dish Network Customers

Post by mrsticka »

I live in Lincoln and I have Dish Network, but I don't get Lincoln stations. I get Omaha ones. Anyone else in the same boat? Dish customers getting Omaha stations, but not Lincoln ones?
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Dish Network Customers

Post by nebugeater »

pretty sure you should be getting Lincoln Locals. Is your service address your Lincoln address? You should be getting locals from the local DMA that you are in.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Okay, I rest my case.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

mrsticka wrote:Okay, I rest my case.

explain
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Okay, if you insist. For a year and a half, I lived out in the country 2 miles west of Ceresco and I first subscribed to Dish. I got Omaha stations. I figured I'd get Lincoln because Ceresco's closer to Lincoln, but no. In 2012, I moved back to Lincoln and they moved my service.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

OK

That makes since now Near Ceresco is Saunders Co and part of the Omaha DMA as you know I see. That would get you the Omaha stations voa Dish. If you moved to Lincoln and change your service address with Dish you will be in Lincoln DMA and then get Lincoln Locals. The Lincoln DMA is really kind of strange in the area that it covers but in general a lot of DMA's are not logical

http://nebradio.tripod.com/dma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

nebugeater wrote:OK

That makes since now  Near Ceresco is Saunders Co and part of the Omaha DMA as you know I see.  That would get you the Omaha stations voa Dish.  If you moved to Lincoln and change your service address with Dish you will be in Lincoln DMA and then get Lincoln Locals.  The Lincoln DMA is really kind of strange in the area that it covers but in general a lot of DMA's are not logical

http://nebradio.tripod.com/dma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seward and Butler Counties are part of Omaha's DMA? I figured they'd be part of Lincoln's since Seward (#16) is right next door to Lancaster (#2). And Butler (#25) is just north of Seward.