Journey Senior Living (Canopy & N Sts.)

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Journey Senior Living (Canopy & N Sts.)

Post by CapitalGuy »

Journey Senior Living
An eight-story senior living complex will be built on the west side of the Lumberworks parking garage, extending residential living in the Haymarket to south of O Street.

The 100-unit complex is aimed at Lincoln’s oldest generation, with 20 percent of the units for independent living, and 80 percent for assisted living, where people have more services, according to early development plans.
Pretty impressive renderings for someone with more skill than I possess.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Journey Senior Living (Canopy & N Sts.)

Post by iamjacobm »

Lincoln just continues to churn out incredibly impressive developments.
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

CapitalGuy wrote:Journey Senior Living
An eight-story senior living complex will be built on the west side of the Lumberworks parking garage, extending residential living in the Haymarket to south of O Street.

The 100-unit complex is aimed at Lincoln’s oldest generation, with 20 percent of the units for independent living, and 80 percent for assisted living, where people have more services, according to early development plans.
I think it's a great idea, but my only concern is the 80/20 split between assisted and independent living. I guess I should assume the developers know what they're doing.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Building is very neat looking... but the Haymarket is a bar/entertainment district isn't it? Does an old folks home fit that?
No posts exist for this topic
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

MadMartin8 wrote:Building is very neat looking... but the Haymarket is a bar/entertainment district isn't it?  Does an old folks home fit that?
It's on the opposite of the O street overpass which kind of serves as a dividing line. Anything is better than what is currently there.
sincitybaby
New to the Neighborhood

Post by sincitybaby »

Steve wrote:

I think it's a great idea, but my only concern is the 80/20 split between assisted and independent living. I guess I should assume the developers know what they're doing.
I don't think it will present too big of an issue, as there are already several similar facilities in operation around Lincoln. The most similar situation would be the Legacy Estates, which have several facilities across Lincoln (56th and Pioneers, 56th and Fremont, 40th and Faulkner to name a few).
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

I think that looks like a really attractive building, but when I look at the rendering, the eight-story building only has seven floors.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

Project Scrapped

It appears the developers determined that there was no longer a market for senior living at the present time. The city is going to put out a new RFP for the site. Proposals are due by January 15th. My gut tells me that there is someone else already expressing interest in the site.
jlincoln
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jlincoln »

If this was a 50+ active adult condo facility, this would have been very successful in Lincoln. Independent living folks do not want to live in a hospital, and that's pretty much what an assisted living facility is. Build something for middle income retired folks that are in their 50-60-70's, not just assisted living for folks in their 80's & 90's. Keep people's $ in Nebraska and not push them out the door to Arizona & Florida.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

2 Proposals Submitted from RFP
The two companies' joint proposal to bring apartments and a long-awaited downtown grocery store to Canopy and N streets, just south of the Harris Overpass, is one of two the city received last week.

The other is from Anant Enterprises, an Omaha-based company of which Lincoln heart surgeon Deepak Gangahar is a partner. Its proposal includes a hotel, apartments and retail space on the city block that is home to the Lumberworks parking garage.
The new Speedway/Nelnet proposal, named Lumberworks Lofts, calls for three buildings that combined would have 48 apartments, about 8,000 square feet of office space and about 15,000 square feet of retail space, including a potential 8,500-square-foot grocery store.
The Anant proposal also calls for three buildings to wrap the Lumberworks garage. Included in the proposal is a 100-room "upper-end limited service hotel," 40 apartments and retail space. The name of the hotel was not included, but the five hotels Anant has previously developed, three of which are in Lincoln, all carry the Holiday Inn brand name.
Someone with more technological capabilities can paste in the renderings. If not, follow the link. Not massive developments but a steady continuation of the momentum in the West Haymarket moving towards the south. My guess is the Speedway/Nelnet proposal is selected.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Both of these proposals look like a better fit for that area. Will be interesting to see which one wins. Love how fast the Haymarket/PBA is filling in.

Greg
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Grocery store in the area would be huge for future developments surrounding this one.
mike1234
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mike1234 »

An eight-story Senior Citizen Home will be built on the west side of the Lumberworks parking garage, extending residential living in the Haymarket to south of O Street.

It seems too good
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

Mike1234, first welcome always nice to see new people. You re-posted a two year old article about a project that appears to have been canceled. Are you trying to share something, I just don't understand your post?
jason14
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jason14 »

Steve wrote:

An Eight Story senior living complex is a very new concept of living separately but your neighbor may be young guy or old man these will become very problematic when the young having a old mans neighborhood.
Last edited by jason14 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason14
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jason14 »

jason14 wrote:
Steve wrote:
An eight-story Senior Living in California complex will be built on the west side of the Lumberworks parking garage, extending residential living in the Haymarket to south of O Street.

An Eight Story senior living complex is a very new concept of living separately but your neighbor may be young guy or old man these will become very problematic when the young having a old mans neighborhood.