I-80 (west of Lincoln)

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

gisbuxfan
Library Board

I-80 (west of Lincoln)

Post by gisbuxfan »

Now that the three lane interstate is complete between Omaha and Lincoln, I have been noticing all the dirt work happening on the west end of Lincoln. Can someone point me toward what is happening there?
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
edsas
Human Relations

Re: I-80 (west of Lincoln)

Post by edsas »

Another 2.4 miles of widening I-80 to 6 lanes. It will mean the closing of that west side ramp that enters I-80 in the left lane. Kind of a shame. I always liked that ramp for its unique nature.
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Here's a journal star article about it:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/west- ... b8b03.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

edsas wrote:Another 2.4 miles of widening I-80 to 6 lanes.  It will mean the closing of that west side ramp that enters I-80 in the left lane. Kind of a shame. I always liked that ramp for its unique nature.
It is unique, but for those that aren't used to it, I always worry a little about going through there.
Live everyday to its fullest.. err.. just make sure your coffee cup is full. You should be good then.
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

Wasn't the original I-80 plan going to expand to 3 lanes each way out to York? It's been about 25 years since I read it, so it's a little hazy.