Biggest Scheel's in Nebraska

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Biggest Scheel's in Nebraska

Post by Greg S »

They are tearing down the old one and building a new 220,000 square foot one at SouthPointe. It will be the same size as the new one in KC. I've been to that one, it's fantastic. They have aquariums built in to the pillars as you walk into the store.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/m ... b2de8.html

Greg
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Re: Biggest Scheel's in Nebraska

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Two years to construct? That seems excessive.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

For comparison, the one in Omaha is 177,000 sq ft according to their website.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

skinzfan23 wrote:For comparison, the one in Omaha is 177,000 sq ft according to their website.
Interesting I looked up the info on the Sioux Falls Scheels as I knew they had completed a recent remodel. They are now at 200,000 sq ft
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I know when I go into the Omaha Scheels, I think "Man, this mammoth place could definitely be a bit bigger". :sly:
No posts exist for this topic
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

MadMartin8 wrote:I know when I go into the Omaha Scheels, I think "Man, this mammoth place could definitely be a bit bigger". :sly:
I am only going from memory but wasn't the Omaha store the biggest in the chain at the time it was built?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:I know when I go into the Omaha Scheels, I think "Man, this mammoth place could definitely be a bit bigger". :sly:
I am only going from memory but wasn't the Omaha store the biggest in the chain at the time it was built?

Yeah it was. They then built one slight larger in Des Moines at Jordan Creek. It's not as nice though (IMO), has a giant tree in place of the Ferris Wheel. Their biggest is now in Nevada.

The Omaha one is really good but when you do go in the one in KC, you can tell it's larger. The aquariums that you walk under upon entering are really cool. The Lincoln one will be comparable, hopefully it's as nice as KC.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:
nebugeater wrote:

Yeah it was. They then built one slight larger in Des Moines at Jordan Creek. It's not as nice though (IMO), has a giant tree in place of the Ferris Wheel. Their biggest is now in Nevada.

The Omaha one is really good but when you do go in the one in KC, you can tell it's larger. The aquariums that you walk under upon entering are really cool. The Lincoln one will be comparable, hopefully it's as nice as KC.

I have been in the DM one too. Doesn't have the same feel as the others I have been in.
Unless they have made chances because it has been a few years since I was there the bottom of the barrel Scheels that I have been in is in Rapid City SD
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

nebugeater wrote:

No idea, but it's big enough. Can't have them too big, otherwise they start to hurt!
No posts exist for this topic
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Two years to construct? That seems excessive.
I think that's because of all the moving pieces.

Greg