Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Fareway Meat Market coming to Lincoln

Post by Brad »

Fareway expands niche format with second Meat Market

http://www.supermarketnews.com/meat/far ... eat-market
Supermarket News wrote:The second Fareway Meat Market, slated to open late this fall in Lincoln, Neb., will feature a store design and product assortment similar to the first location, Emily Toribio, a Fareway spokeswoman, told SN. The 6,500-square-foot store will feature USDA Choice and Prime beef, all-natural chicken and pork, seafood, artisan cheeses, craft beer and wine, among other convenience and specialty grocery items.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Fareway Meat Market coming to Lincoln

Post by nebugeater »

Scanned the article and find it interesting there is no indication of where in Lincoln.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:Scanned the article and find it interesting there is no indication of where in Lincoln.
Yeah, It was strange. I looked at it twice and never saw anything. Not sure if Lincoln has a way to look up building permits like Omaha does?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Scanned the article and find it interesting there is no indication of where in Lincoln.
Yeah, It was strange. I looked at it twice and never saw anything. Not sure if Lincoln has a way to look up building permits like Omaha does?

Not that I know of

My guess would be that they are still negotiating on a location and there is more than one location option in play yet.
Oak
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Oak »

Fareway Stores, which like Hy-Vee is based in suburban Des Moines, plans to build a 6,500-square-foot full-service meat market at the Rockledge Square Shopping Center at 84th and Van Dorn streets.
http://journalstar.com/business/local/f ... e8893.html
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Oak wrote:
Fareway Stores, which like Hy-Vee is based in suburban Des Moines, plans to build a 6,500-square-foot full-service meat market at the Rockledge Square Shopping Center at 84th and Van Dorn streets.
http://journalstar.com/business/local/f ... e8893.html

thanks
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

This second location surprises me. I live right by the meat market in Omaha, and when I'm in there, there are never more than 2-3 other shoppers, no matter what time of day it is. Hard to see how they're paying the bills with such low volume...