Spectrum internet (formerly Time Warner)

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Spectrum internet (formerly Time Warner)

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

I'm a former Time Warner customer. I only had their internet and paid $40 for a 15 Mbps package called Standard.
As you know Time Warner is now Spectrum. I spoke to the Lincoln office and have been informed that Spectrum only offers three speeds as opposed to Time Warner which I believe had 5 tiers of service. Spectrum now has 3 Mbps, 60 Mbps and 100 Mbps. The 60 Mbps package is $60 per month. Ouch, my bill went up 50% and I don't even need those speeds. The person I talked to Lincoln understood my grief, but I was told those are the Spectrum plans. :(
EricHaley
Human Relations

Re: Spectrum internet (formerly Time Warner)

Post by EricHaley »

It appears that Spectrum could care less if their customers are happy or not. I recently moved back to Lincoln, and the difference between TWC and Spectrum is night and day. TWC used to over a four or six tuner whole house DVR that was actually pretty decent. When Spectrum took over, they eliminated the whole house DVR, and only people that still have the whole house DVR were allowed to keep it - until they change their plan that is… The equipment they have now is virtually unusable due to how slow it is. Allo is currently installing fiber in my neighborhood, and I CANNOT WAIT to dump Spectrum!!
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

EricHaley wrote:Allo is currently installing fiber in my neighborhood, and I CANNOT WAIT to dump Spectrum!!
Nice!

I heard from a neighbor that Verizon is looking to expand their internet options in our area. I imagine it will be some kind of paid wifi.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

How about switching to Kinetic? That's what I did.