Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omababe
Planning Board

Gas war in Lincoln?

Post by Omababe »

I don't know if this is still going on, but here is the article:

http://journalstar.com/business/local/g ... e1fe3.html

I'll probably be there again at least once before the weekend, so hopefully I can take advantage. :)
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Gas war in Lincoln?

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:I don't know if this is still going on, but here is the article:

http://journalstar.com/business/local/g ... e1fe3.html

I'll probably be there again at least once before the weekend, so hopefully I can take advantage. :)
This was last week. Everything I saw this AM driving into Lincoln was +/- 2.15 Still lower than the norm but not what it was last Mon - Thur. Usually Lincoln is higher than Omaha as most know but that has been out of wack for a few weeks now. Think it might have some to do with Omaha though since Smaller towns around are lower too in many cases.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I filled up for $1.71 per gallon at EZGo on Saturday. Unfortunately they didn't have their premium lowered also.
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

I'm wondering if Costco will play any part of lowering the typical "Whitehead" monopoly cost of gas in Lincoln? Any opinions? I've never lived near enough to a Costco to know whether it makes a difference or not.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Steve wrote:I'm wondering if Costco will play any part of lowering the typical "Whitehead" monopoly cost of gas in Lincoln? Any opinions? I've never lived near enough to a Costco to know whether it makes a difference or not.

Costco and Sams club are usually about the same in Omaha. Usually about .05 below everyone else.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nebugeater wrote:
Steve wrote:Any opinions? I've never lived near enough to a Costco to know whether it makes a difference or not.
Costco and Sams club are usually about the same in Omaha. Usually about .05 below everyone else.
I did the math when the one on my way home opened. I would have to fill up far more than I do to come close to break even.

A couple of co-workers joined. One loves it. The other was threatened membership revocation when he backed in to a gas pump and refused to move until he finished filling. :)
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omababe wrote:
nebugeater wrote:
Steve wrote:Any opinions? I've never lived near enough to a Costco to know whether it makes a difference or not.
I did the math when the one on my way home opened. I would have to fill up far more than I do to come close to break even.

A couple of co-workers joined. One loves it. The other was threatened membership revocation when he backed in to a gas pump and refused to move until he finished filling. :)

What a rebel... Maybe your coworker should follow the rules!!!! :D

As for breaking even, probably will not happen on just fuel esp. if they are not located close to your normal path of travel and you have to drive to and from. If you factor in other reasons for the membership then it is worth it. Of course that also depends on your purchasing needs but it works for us.
EricHaley
Human Relations

Post by EricHaley »

Trips wrote:I filled up for $1.71 per gallon at EZGo on Saturday. Unfortunately they didn't have their premium lowered also.
When I filled up there on Monday (at $1.99 per gallon), I noticed that they had both 91 octane premium and 91 octane super unleaded (with ethanol) as two of the five different grades available on the pump. The price difference between them was four cents a gallon. :shrug: