Pinnacle Bank Arena

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

koberaptor wrote:Not a huge upgrade on the seating, only 14,970.... might be the smallest arena in the country
Definitely not a huge upgrade from the Devaney, but the city-owned arena is quite an upgrade from Pershing, which it is intended to replace.

According to the FAQ on the arena the basketball capacity is 15,391 which would put it in the middle of the Big Ten ahead of PSU, Mich. MSU, Minn. NW, Purdue and future member Rutgers.  There is the ability to expand the arena in the future, I believe by 3000 seats.

Just an FYI.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Steve wrote:
koberaptor wrote:Not a huge upgrade on the seating, only 14,970.... might be the smallest arena in the country
Definitely not a huge upgrade from the Devaney, but the city-owned arena is quite an upgrade from Pershing, which it is intended to replace.

According to the FAQ on the arena the basketball capacity is 15,391 which would put it in the middle of the Big Ten ahead of PSU, Mich. MSU, Minn. NW, Purdue and future member Rutgers.  There is the ability to expand the arena in the future, I believe by 3000 seats.

Just an FYI.
Full basketball attendance with floor seating should be 16,000 from everything I have seen.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Linkin5 wrote:
Steve wrote:

Just an FYI.
Full basketball attendance with floor seating should be 16,000 from everything I have seen.
According to Huskers.com website, it's listed as 15,000+, but actual capacity for basketball seating wise is also listed as 14,970. It's not a huge increase from the Devaney in terms of seating, but as a Universit...I mean "city owned" arena, it's much better than the Devaney in terms of amenities.

They went heavy on the club seats/boxes, and that hurt capacity some (hence the dramatic drop off for ice hockey).

And you better believe the Universi... I mean city... wants to expand it as soon as possible to compete with its neighbors. Hurray for the hundred million dollar arms race. It'll be interesting to see how they do it, if they can actually get the 18,000+ mark.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

MadMartin8 wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:
Steve wrote:

Just an FYI.
According to Huskers.com website, it's listed as 15,000+, but actual capacity for basketball seating wise is also listed as 14,970. It's not a huge increase from the Devaney in terms of seating, but as a Universit...I mean "city owned" arena, it's much better than the Devaney in terms of amenities.

They went heavy on the club seats/boxes, and that hurt capacity some (hence the dramatic drop off for ice hockey).

And you better believe the Universi... I mean city... wants to expand it as soon as possible to compete with its neighbors. Hurray for the hundred million dollar arms race. It'll be interesting to see how they do it, if they can actually get the 18,000+ mark.
The 14,970 number is a misquoted figure on the wikipedia page from what I can see, I am still banking around 16,000 or so sold out attendance there with the floor seating.  

I hope it is succesful enough to expand in a couple years, will mean great business for downtown Lincoln.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Here is the link from the Pinnacle Bank Arena site.

http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/info/

End Stage Capacity 14,620
Basketball Capacity 14,970 <-- -------------
Center Stage Capacity 16,130 <-----------
Founders & Executive Suites 36 (Husker boosters)
Loge Boxes 20
Private Lounges 2
Concession Points of Sale 73
Square Footage 470,400
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

MadMartin8 wrote:Here is the link from the Pinnacle Bank Arena site.

Basketball Capacity 14,970 <---------------
Loge Boxes 20
Private Lounges 2
Square Footage 470,400
Same website:

http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/visit/faqs.html
Containing 470,400 square feet, the new Pinnacle Bank Arena will seat 15,391 fans when configured for Husker Basketball games. It is divided into two bowls (upper and lower) and three levels (100, 200, 300) with Premium Seating Suites and Loge Boxes located between Level 100 and Level 200.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Basketball Capacity 14,970
Linkin5 wrote:Same website:

Pinnacle Bank Arena will seat 15,391 fans when configured for Husker Basketball games.
The second one says "Husker" Basketball.

Sometimes the primary tenants customize their seating chart for their own events.

I know the Generic Civic Hockey, UNO Hockey at the Civic, and Lancer Hockey at the civic, were all different numbers...

Its been a while, but I think the UNO/Creighton Numbers were different than the official Century Link numbers too.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Linkin5 wrote:

Basketball Capacity 14,970 <---------------
Loge Boxes 20
Private Lounges 2
Square Footage 470,400
Same website:

http://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/visit/faqs.html
Containing 470,400 square feet, the new Pinnacle Bank Arena will seat 15,391 fans when configured for Husker Basketball games. It is divided into two bowls (upper and lower) and three levels (100, 200, 300) with Premium Seating Suites and Loge Boxes located between Level 100 and Level 200.

My guess would be the second number, the 15,391 would be maximum capacity that you're going to get with the 'configuration' for basketball (barring number fudging). Not 16,000. It's like what happens at the CLC with "configurations" making it 'seat' 18,320.

But ultimately, it doesn't matter to me, as I probably won't be down for a game/concert/event any day soon. I'm just showing you what I found from their website.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I would assume "Husker Basketball" being bigger would mean they cram more students into smaller seats/bleachers.  I would guess if Lincoln ever got an NCAA tourney they would put real seats in where the students usually are.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

First concert in Pinnacle Bank Arena will be Pink on Nov. 9 at 8 p.m

http://www.ketv.com/news/entertainment/ ... swatch%2B7

LINCOLN, Neb. —Pop artist P!nk will headline the first concert at Lincoln's new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Officials made the announcement Monday.
"We finally get to share the excitement that has literally been building for months," said Tom Lorenz, the arena's general manager.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

nebugeater wrote:First concert in Pinnacle Bank Arena will be Pink on Nov. 9 at 8 p.m
Her stage name has a stupid exclamation point in it. It's P!nk
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

nebugeater wrote:First concert in Pinnacle Bank Arena will be Pink on Nov. 9 at 8 p.m

LINCOLN, Neb. —Pop artist P!nk will headline the first concert at Lincoln's new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
"We finally get to share the excitement that has literally been building for months," said Tom Lorenz, the arena's general manager.

I'm confused by Tom Lorenz's statement as he's said in the past that 2 concerts have been booked for September.  (LJS says 9/13 and 9/19)
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Cool Time lapse Video

[youtube][/youtube]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The new BB Court design:

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

The animation that is out gives a nice view of the concept.  I can't view or link it from my iPad but saw it this afternoon on my pc at work.  

I for one like it. Take a look at the animation before you decide

Still find it strange but understand why the arena has one bank name and the floor has another.  Bet that isn't happening many places.
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

I'm fine with it.  Not perfect, but it looks fine.  It really does look similar to Ohio State's. I was looking through google images and noticed this one that I kinda like better, if we're going with the outline of the state in the middle:

But that's just a personal opinion.  I'm looking forward to the first season...bought season tickets and ready to enjoy the inaugural season!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

This is a better image but not accurate with the dark stain inside the three point line.

Steve wrote:I'm fine with it.  Not perfect, but it looks fine.  It really does look similar to Ohio State's. I was looking through google images and noticed this one that I kinda like better, if we're going with the outline of the state in the middle:

But that's just a personal opinion.  I'm looking forward to the first season...bought season tickets and ready to enjoy the inaugural season!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

nebugeater wrote:This is a better image but not accurate with the dark stain inside the three point line.

Steve wrote:I'm fine with it.  Not perfect, but it looks fine.  It really does look similar to Ohio State's. I was looking through google images and noticed this one that I kinda like better, if we're going with the outline of the state in the middle:

This isn't what the court is going to look like.  This was something a mod on Huskerboard came up with before UNL announced anything.
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

I don't get what kind of deal Pinnacle signed for naming rights, it had to be dirt cheap if their rival banks logo is going to be displayed on the court.

I understand Pinnacle had no say in the deal and it is a UNL thing but damn I didn't know UNL was going to have this much power in a city owned arena. Should be very interesting.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

cp jay 07 wrote:I don't get what kind of deal Pinnacle signed for naming rights, it had to be dirt cheap if their rival banks logo is going to be displayed on the court.

I understand Pinnacle had no say in the deal and it is a UNL thing but darn I didn't know UNL was going to have this much power in a city owned arena. Should be very interesting.
Ha, I thought the same thing as well.  Definitely strange.
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

cp jay 07 wrote:I don't get what kind of deal Pinnacle signed for naming rights, it had to be dirt cheap if their rival banks logo is going to be displayed on the court.

I understand Pinnacle had no say in the deal and it is a UNL thing but darn I didn't know UNL was going to have this much power in a city owned arena. Should be very interesting.
The complete contract is here (WH00259 box):

http://lincoln.ne.gov/aspx/city/clerk/d ... cNum=90539

Basically, UNL holds rights to the basketball court, the UNL locker room, Huskervision  production room, Husker medicine room and any UNL office space.  All other areas specifically allow only Pinnacle Bank's logo and no other bank or credit union.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

UNL was a partner in this from the beginning.  If UNL had not signed on, it would not have been built.

Greg
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

I understand the whole First National has a contract with UNL point.

I am just shocked Pinnacle would sign a naming rights deal when their rival bank has logo priority on the main tenants floor. Most of the events at the arena will be UNL Mens and Womens basketball games, I would guess 75% of those will be on TV (big 10 network and ESPN), so when most people see the floor they will see the first national bank logo, and not be aware that it is at Pinnacle Bank arena, you would hear the name of the arena at the start of the broadcast and maybe a few times during broadcast but most of the time you will see the First National Bank logo. Not a very good use of marketing or spending of money on Pinnacle IMO.

I have seen how these naming right pitches go and brand recignition is HUGE! These companies are spending Millions of dollars to put their name on this building and visibility of a logo should always be number 1.

If you are into sports and watch sports regularly like me you can probably name most arenas around the nation because of highlights you see on SportsCenter and a logo of a company on the court or ice. When people see Husker highlights they will not see Pinnacle Bank, they will see FNBO. Suprised Pinnacle still went through with the deal. I would also think Lincoln would include in UNL's contract that the naming rights partners logo must be on the court as well.

Just found it very interesting.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The one thing I could see as alright though is that Pinn Bank is trying to advertise to locals.  FNB is trying to make a much larger regional brand, they stretch all the way to Texas now and has a presence in the Chicago area.  So that is the only thing I could see being ok for PB.  They can try and advertise to the locals, FNB has a lock on Omaha/Lincoln, they want to put their brand out there in the midwest.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Is it any different than Cox having logos on the Ice in the Qwest Center or Century Link Center?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Brad wrote:Is it any different than Cox having logos on the Ice in the Qwest Center or Century Link Center?
From what I have seen it is different because Pinnacle is not going to get their name anywhere on the court at all.

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Bottom line as I see it is that everyone knew the guidelines when they singed on.  At least that is how I remember it from what I read when the naming rights were announced.  The Pinnacle spokespeople addressed this right after the anouncment in what I read.  The costs must have been OK for both sides and the concessions OK or the deal wouldn't have happened.  I cannot imagin that there were not other bidders for the naming sponsorship.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

cp jay 07 wrote:I understand the whole First National has a contract with UNL point.

I am just shocked Pinnacle would sign a naming rights deal when their rival bank has logo priority on the main tenants floor. Most of the events at the arena will be UNL Mens and Womens basketball games, I would guess 75% of those will be on TV (big 10 network and ESPN), so when most people see the floor they will see the first national bank logo, and not be aware that it is at Pinnacle Bank arena, you would hear the name of the arena at the start of the broadcast and maybe a few times during broadcast but most of the time you will see the First National Bank logo. Not a very good use of marketing or spending of money on Pinnacle IMO.

I have seen how these naming right pitches go and brand recignition is HUGE! These companies are spending Millions of dollars to put their name on this building and visibility of a logo should always be number 1.

If you are into sports and watch sports regularly like me you can probably name most arenas around the nation because of highlights you see on SportsCenter and a logo of a company on the court or ice. When people see Husker highlights they will not see Pinnacle Bank, they will see FNBO. Suprised Pinnacle still went through with the deal. I would also think Lincoln would include in UNL's contract that the naming rights partners logo must be on the court as well.

You'll still hear Pinnacle a ton.  With NU playing in the Big 10 not only will they be on their broadcast partners but the Big 10 Network as well.  Like you said, those of us that are into sports and watch sports will be able to name the arena.  I watch almost all of the Red Wings games on TV.  Could not tell you what corporate logo's they have on the ice (other than the Hockeytown logo) but I can tell you they play in Joe Louis Arena...

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

cp jay 07 wrote:I understand the whole First National has a contract with UNL point.

You'll still hear Pinnacle a ton.  With NU playing in the Big 10 not only will they be on their broadcast partners but the Big 10 Network as well.  Like you said, those of us that are into sports and watch sports will be able to name the arena.  I watch almost all of the Red Wings games on TV.  Could not tell you what corporate logo's they have on the ice (other than the Hockeytown logo) but I can tell you they play in Joe Louis Arena...

Greg
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Greg S wrote:

Greg
I agree with you on the Joe but I attribute that to history, longevity of the building, and the Fact Joe Louis was a pretty famous athlete. I know Bell Tire and Little Caesars is big in Detroit by seeing their ads on boads at the Joe.

You might hear Pinnacle alot but you still see First National Bank more. Lets say you are at a Sports Bar so you cannot hear the broadcasters the only thing you will see on the court is the FNBO logo without hearing about Pinnacle Bank.

I'm sure Pinnacle knew about the deal beforehand but if I was Pinnacle I would have tried to stay away from the arena rights (probably the most expensive) and said how about we go after the "Pinnacle Bank Club seats" or "Pinnacle bank Zone" or even the Pinnacle Bank the official bank of the arena with ATM rights, that would practically make them money if they just had ATM rights with fees without paying a hefty arena naming rights price. Does anyone know what the official dollar amount Pinnacle paid for these rights? I don't think I cared that much till I saw the floor but now I am very interested.

I did think it was odd that a local bank who ranks about 4th in the market was able to secure the rights, I'm sure the deal the city had with FNBO scared some bigger names away.

All in all at least they got a naming rights sponsor unlike the Ralston Arena who I am sure is still looking for one.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Michael Bublé to open Pinnacle Bank Arena in September

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130502/L ... -september
Kevin Coffey WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Pinnacle Bank Arena has a few concerts on its calendar, but it’s crooner Michael Bublé who will open the new venue in September.

When he performs there Sept. 13, the singer will be the first concert at the new arena currently under construction in Lincoln.
Puts on a great show if you have never seen him.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Are they having AEG or someone manage it or are they doing it locally?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

NovakOmaha wrote:Are they having AEG or someone manage it or are they doing it locally?
It think its SMG?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:Are they having AEG or someone manage it or are they doing it locally?
It think its SMG?
Yes it is SMG
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

A Civic Auditorium esque front facade, attached to a metal salad bowl. Interesting.
No posts exist for this topic
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Amazing pictures Collin.  Thank for the updates.  I am very impressed with the development going on in Lincoln.  By far the most of any city in the midwest currently.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looking good!  Thanks for the updates!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Steve wrote:

I'm confused by Tom Lorenz's statement as he's said in the past that 2 concerts have been booked for September.  (LJS says 9/13 and 9/19)
Not sure why it hasn't hit the news yet, but Jason Aldean is one of the September concerts.