Pinnacle Bank Arena

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Linkin5 wrote:Pinnacle Bank Arena has the potential if expanded to seat more than the Clink.
The entire area is very impressive.  Talk about an economic engine.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I believe it is a bit larger because it has bigger seats and more leg room than CLC.  Add a couple inches to each seat and times it by 16,000 and you are talking about some space.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Hopefully Coach Miles can bring NU along to the point where it actually fills this thing up.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

iamjacobm wrote:I believe it is a bit larger because it has bigger seats and more leg room than CLC.  Add a couple inches to each seat and times it by 16,000 and you are talking about some space.
A$ses are fatter in Lincoln, maybe? Maybe someone has some numbers to back up this claim of mine?
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

S33 wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:I believe it is a bit larger because it has bigger seats and more leg room than CLC.  Add a couple inches to each seat and times it by 16,000 and you are talking about some space.
A$ses are fatter in Lincoln, maybe? Maybe someone has some numbers to back up this claim of mine?
Not according to this site:

http://www.livescience.com/18886-obese- ... -2011.html

:D
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

damn college kids and their Ramen noodle budgets skewing the numbers
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

S33 wrote:darn college kids and their Ramen noodle budgets skewing the numbers
That and Omaha's restaurants are too good.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I don't know if it's still there but Lee's Chicken was outstanding.  I think it was by Pioneers Park
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

I drove by Lee's Chicken around the 4th of July and for some reason I remember getting the impression it was closed. But, the chicken is still there.

West Van Dorn & Coddington Ave
HuskerAlum04
New to the Neighborhood

Post by HuskerAlum04 »

Arena drive near completed as well as 11' bike path running along north and west.
Jayfoot
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Jayfoot »

An inside look at the building and what is going on right now.

Main Staircase

Concession Stand

Box Office

Kitchen Someday. :)

Nice view of the inside

View of the patio and Haymarket

Escalator Pit next to main staircase

Start of the parking garage connected to the building

Go Huskers!

The Ice Floor is started

Brick Oven Pizza
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for those pics Jayfoot!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Whoa thanks!  Keep them coming!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Lincoln arena

Post by NovakOmaha »

I don't have the link but there is an amazing section online at the Journal Star web site about the arena.  Very well done.

Go to Journalstar.com
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This site?

Lincoln Arena
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Yep.  That's the one
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Spent a little time in Lincoln.  This whole area is HIGHLY impressive.  It fits better into it's environment and neighborhood better than a number of new arenas.  Those people that bought in that little condo project across from the post office are sitting on a gold mine right now too.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

iamjacobm wrote:Spent a little time in Lincoln.  This whole area is HIGHLY impressive.  It fits better into it's environment and neighborhood better than a number of new arenas.  Those people that bought in that little condo project across from the post office are sitting on a gold mine right now too.
I think that was done by the Scott brothers.  Also I am pretty sure they have completed the elevator shaft for the next building south of the condos.  That is at least the way it looked when I checked the webcam.

Bump, does anyone know what this newest addition is?
Last edited by Linkin5 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Pinnacle Bank Arena's first 3 shows are set

Don't get too excited, the names of the artists can't be released

Also, today they are topping off!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Collin wrote:Also, today they are topping off!
[Youtube][/youtube]
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

So, "fully expanded" this thing can be around 18,000 full seats?

It's taller than the CLink, but its upper rows look like they are...skinnier.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

2 Parking Garages to be Built 5 Years ahead of Plans

Two parking garages now under discussion were not part of the original $344 million budget for the arena and related infrastructure.

The JPA is calling this Phase 2 of West Haymarket construction.
Marvin expects Phase 2 to begin with construction of another 940-stall garage to be built along Arena Drive between O and P streets by fall 2014.

Parking Deck 3, as it will be called, would provide parking for the 200 to 250 employees working at a nearby corporate office building expected to be constructed sometime over the next 18 months, according to Marvin.
Another Phase 2 garage, to be called Parking Deck 2, would be built along Arena Drive between P and Q streets, next to the District Energy Corp. building that is providing heat and cooling services to the arena and private structures being constructed nearby.

The smaller Deck 2 garage, with around 700 stalls, was shown on drawings before the 2010 vote on the arena, but city leaders at that time said it wasn't a part of the $344 million cost estimate, Marvin said.

At the time, developers thought it could be five years before private development moved that far, Marvin added.
Separate from the arena garages, the city is constructing a four-story, 500-stall Lumberworks garage near Seventh and O streets.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Lincoln has to have nearly 3000 parking garage stalls on the way.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

iamjacobm wrote:Lincoln has to have nearly 3000 parking garage stalls on the way.
Good to hear the private development happened, am still really hoping the breslow ice center happens.

As of now the condo/apartment building is topped out, the skeleton for part of the yard is done, and ground work for the Hyatt hotel/condos looks like it started.
RichLNK
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RichLNK »

There is another tower crane up in the Haymarket. Directly south of the Harris Overpass at 7th and O Street they put together what looks like a 150 ft tower crane. There will be a 4-story 500-stall garage. Connected to the garage will be a 6-story residential liner building, with 5 floors of apartments and first floor retail/restaurant. The 6-story apartment building will face Canopy St. and the designs were done by BVH and Clark Enerson. Excited to see another mixed-use development going up in the Haymarket, as well as stretching the development South of the current development showing more room for growth.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The the Pinnacle Bank Arena folks are in LA trying to promote the new Arena by giving away socks...

Omahanerd
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omahanerd »

They were in Los Angeles promoting the arena? Why in the world would Pinnacle Bank Arena need to be promoted in LA?... :roll:
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Omahanerd wrote:They were in Los Angeles promoting the arena? Why in the world would Pinnacle Bank Arena need to be promoted in LA?... :roll:
Haha that's what I though too  :mrgreen:
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omahanerd wrote:They were in Los Angeles promoting the arena? Why in the world would Pinnacle Bank Arena need to be promoted in LA?... :roll:

What is the big deal?   I assume it was some sort of trade show or something.  I am sure the Centrylink has / does the same thing.  It would be disappointing if they were not out promoting it.  

........ Or is it that you just don't like the compotition 50 miles down the road.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I don't have a problem with them promoting in LA, the socks seem weird...
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:I don't have a problem with them promoting in LA, the socks seem weird...
Weird = works. If it was a insulated mug or a notebook it wouldn't grab attention. The weird sets it apart and gets noticed. Exactly why it is being discussed here.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Makes sense to promote in LA with it being the home base of a large part of the entertainment industry, but with a larger Arena 50 miles east with a larger population base and attached convention center, and an even LARGER arena with population base 200 miles to the south.....I think hopes are being set a bit high on this one. But hey...have to try.

As far as being worried about "competition"....I don't think that's a huge worry.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

It's managed by SMG and the promotion was at a trade show.  

As to competition, the head of MECA said it best when he said (paraphrasing) that competition is a good thing.  He also said (paraphrasing) that he worries about what he can control, and he can't control what other cities and venues do.  Lincoln has a new arena?  Ok.  Des Moines, Kansas City?  Ok.  Omaha's arena is a few minutes from the airport, within walking distance or connected to thousand of hotel room, near North Downtown and the Old Market, with their restaurants and bars, near I-80 and I-29, the arena is in the same building as a huge convention center, and when you deal with MECA you aren't dealing with a national management company but an entity whose sole job is to manage that venue (ok, with the baseball stadium, which, by the way, is across the street).  You're also dealing with a city and venues that have extensive experience putting together successful national championships, AND Berkshire Hathaway annual meetings.

Yeah, there's lots of competition.  On the other hand, MECA and the Omaha venues compete well.  

Jealousy?  I doubt it.  MECA is too busy to worry about things about which they can do nothing.

I think the Lincoln arena will be wonderful and with the Haymarket development and others around downtown will be a phenominal success.  Can you imagine if the two cities got together and promoted a huge event that would be at both venues?  I don't know what it might be but just think about it.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

Project Oscar Renderings Revealed
Project Oscar, the $16.8 million, 80,000-square-foot office and retail complex south of the new Pinnacle Bank Arena, will be white and glassy.
General plans call for a four-story building, about 65 feet high, with first-floor retail and office space on the top three floors. Construction likely would begin later this year.
A tenant, rumored to be a local architecture firm, will make the building its corporate headquarters
I am guessing the tenant will be Clark Enersen Partners.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Haven't had a photo update in a while
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the update Collin!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

It looks like a space ship.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

koberaptor
Home Owners Association

Post by koberaptor »

Not a huge upgrade on the seating, only 14,970.... might be the smallest arena in the country