Pinnacle Bank Arena

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

My question is, how does Jeff Dunham get arena gigs?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:That's a surprisingly solid lineup. I wonder how many of these acts decided to go there instead of Omaha.
Yeah its not bad, the only one though that sounds even remotely good to me is Elton John though.
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:That's a surprisingly solid lineup. I wonder how many of these acts decided to go there instead of Omaha.
What is more shocking to me is Bon Jovi and Aldean came to Omaha on the same tour. I wonder how many artists will either come to Omaha/Lincoln in the front end of their tour and then swing back through to hit the other on the back end.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

For country music artists you would think there will be more than a few stopping in both cities.. there are plenty of people to support to large shows in both cities.. :;):
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

A lot, if not most, of these acts have already played Omaha, so the artists could just be seeing if there is a new "market". I'd imagine some will hit both either front or back ends of the tour.
No posts exist for this topic
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Linkin5 wrote:My question is, how does Jeff Dunham get arena gigs?
No kidding. There should be no shortage of parking that night.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Oh good I was beginning to think I was the only person alive who finds no usable humor in anything Jeff Dunham does.. I've even been called names over it haha
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

guitarguy wrote:Oh good I was beginning to think I was the only person alive who finds no usable humor in anything Jeff Dunham does.. I've even been called names over it haha
Jeff Dunham is nature's way of letting us know who is and isn't fit for procreation.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I was a little taken back by his use of racism in his acts and his audiences love of it. And thankfully comedy central has stopped rerunning his |expletive|.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Most standup comedy annoys me, but I'm just weird.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Ever since stand up comedy has become a microcosm of the current events at the time and usually the PC version of it I just can't seem to enjoy it.. Comedy has always been about being offensive and saying things that people don't think anyone should say but say it anyways.. Lewis Black and Dave Chappelle have long been a favs of mine because they just don't care what people think about what they say.. If you go back to the days of raunchy comedy from the 50'-60's it really is quite hilarious and is a great example of how comedy has become neutered in modern times..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

NSFW

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

MTO wrote:I was a little taken back by his use of racism in his acts and his audiences love of it. And thankfully comedy central has stopped rerunning his |expletive|.
I really do not have a like or dislike for his act.  HAving see what he does only on TV I will say that are a lot of other "comics" ou that that take racism a LOT further.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Add another one to the list!

Jay Z to play Pinnacle Bank Arena Dec. 1
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Jay-Z is a huge get.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

iamjacobm wrote:Jay-Z is a huge get.
Not my flavor but huge get.... I dont know why the Clink is not getting any of the acts now. With Mecca failing with Red Sky and now starting to with this..... it makes me wonder if it will turn into the MAC or simply a sports complex.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Wow, pretty surprised they were able to pull this off.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
Not my flavor but huge get.... I dont know why the Clink is not getting any of the acts now. With Mecca failing with Red Sky and now starting to with this..... it makes me wonder if it will turn into the MAC or simply a sports complex.
I don't think so.  I am sure this will come off way more sour than it is meant to be, but I bet the leaders are willing to pay a lot more for acts right now to prove the arena's worth.  I mean Elton John is going from several weeks in Vegas to Lincoln to Russia.  It isn't like he is touring the country which most likely means he cost a lot of money to secure.  I think Lincoln worked really hard to make a big splash these first few months and I am glad they did because we got a number of good acts.  I just think the concerts will slow down a bit and Omaha and Lincoln will find a nice balance.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

iamjacobm wrote:
Omaha_Gabe wrote:
I don't think so.  I am sure this will come off way more sour than it is meant to be, but I bet the leaders are willing to pay a lot more for acts right now to prove the arena's worth.  I mean Elton John is going from several weeks in Vegas to Lincoln to Russia.  It isn't like he is touring the country which most likely means he cost a lot of money to secure.  I think Lincoln worked really hard to make a big splash these first few months and I am glad they did because we got a number of good acts.  I just think the concerts will slow down a bit and Omaha and Lincoln will find a nice balance.

Bingo. It's the same for many Arenas. The first months are jam packed because the managers want to make a name for the arena. Should be good for the college kids, should they be able to afford the tickets. To me, that's the thing...if the college students can't buy the tickets, I don't think the populace of Lincoln is going to go with acts like Jay-Z very well. Elton John and the Eagles will, but going forward things are going to hitch on those university students being able to buy tickets.

Either way, and exciting year for Lincoln.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Crooner Michael Bublé brings the heat at debut of 'amazing' Pinnacle Bank Arena

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130913/G ... bank-arena
Kevin Coffey / World-Herald Bureau wrote:LINCOLN — All 12,000 seats were sold at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Michael Bublé was the headliner, but many came early for the opening act: the arena itself.

Open for its first big event, the brand-new arena opened its doors 90 minutes early and many arrived to roam the halls, sample some food and, eventually, check out Bublé's concert.

Many streamed into the arena from the nearby Haymarket and others from the new Railyard, which is across the street.

Abby Dux and Christina Dirks, both 23, stopped downtown for dinner before heading to the show. The Lincoln women sipped wine before the concert and gushed about the arena.

"It's amazing," Dirks said.
By the Way.... If you didn't hear, Buble was in Omaha's Wilson and Washburn Yesterday!
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Was down in Lincoln tonight to shoot the Jason Aldean show at Pinnacle. I was completely amazed at how different the Haymarket looks now. Will post some pics tomorrow, but just had to say, "wow"!! Very impressive.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

almighty_tuna wrote:Was down in Lincoln tonight to shoot the Jason Aldean show at Pinnacle. I was completely amazed at how different the Haymarket looks now. Will post some pics tomorrow, but just had to say, "wow"!! Very impressive.
Nce post them!i
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Linkin5 wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:Was down in Lincoln tonight to shoot the Jason Aldean show at Pinnacle. I was completely amazed at how different the Haymarket looks now. Will post some pics tomorrow, but just had to say, "wow"!! Very impressive.
Nce post them!i
Of he was shooting for a client he may not be able to.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

It's all good. Here are a bunch of shots from last night.

View from top of parking garage looking northeast at intersection of Canopy & R Streets. Cell phone shot.

View to the rear of the arena from sound booth.

From concourse level looking to the front of the arena. The stage is located on the north side where, on the renderings, the upper bowl seats do not exist and are blocked by curtains

Wide pano of the arena during the show.

Looking down on Canopy Street from the 3rd level balcony

Exterior of Pinnacle Arena from Canopy Street & R Street

Giant TV and open bar area along Canopy Street.

Corner pizza place. Lots of outdoor seating and very busy before the show.
Collin
Home Owners Association

Post by Collin »

Thanks for the pictures! Thats a great pano during the show!  :mrgreen:
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Collin wrote:Thanks for the pictures! Thats a great pano during the show!  :mrgreen:
Thanks, Collin! I see you also found where to find more pics!  :;):
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Wow.. continually impressed with what Lincoln has done here.. Seems like this wouldn't be that hard to continue building out making an even bigger downtown area.. :mrgreen:
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Awesome pics, thanks!  Railyard is going to look awesome once everything opens up.
RichLNK
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RichLNK »

This is just the first phase of the West Haymarket Redevelopment. They are already doing environmental clean up work on old industrial sites south of the Overpass to be ready for the next phase of development. These next 5-10 years could be pretty exciting.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Lincoln is giving us a run for our money...

The Bride
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

RNcyanide wrote:Lincoln is giving us a run for our money...
Lincoln is doing huge things right now, a lot in thanks to the Scott brothers.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Nice pics!
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Linkin5 wrote:
If only we could get the second richest man on earth to give us a hand...

The Bride
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

RNcyanide wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:
The Buffets give back to the community in other ways than just building shiny 4 story buildings. As do the Loziers, etc.

This is what happens when a city's development movement is concentrated and coordinated with the business community in one area, it does wonders and creates beautiful coordinated districts like this. The interesting thing for me will be to see what happens to places along O-Street and another downtown Lincoln areas. Will they suffer due to everyone going to Canopy? Will there be enough people to go around? I've asked the question before, but I think I'll see the answer in about 4 to 5 years.  

As far as "giving us a run for our money";

Omaha's development is spread between Aksarben, out west, Mid Town, and in the Old Market Areas right now with lots of new Apartments and revitalizations of old buildings...and I'll include North Downtown in this list...maybe within the next 2 years...maybe. So to say "giving a run for our money" is a bit shortsighted. That statement is true most certainly in the "arena" districts of both cities, but in the grand overall scale...I don't think that statement applies.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

RNcyanide wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:
Actually those Scotts aren't the Omaha Scott family.  The son of Walter Scott Jr is a part of the development company building the Cancer Center, UNO Arena, the new Medical building on 71st and Dodge and the Dunkin Doughnuts.  He is teamed with a couple former Huskers and an experienced developer from SLC.  They already have their hands in some of the biggest projects in the city and I am sure they have a lot more on the way.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Let's not let this turn into a mines bigger than yours argument between Omaha and Lincoln. If that is needed start a seep rate topic.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

One of those doesn't exist already?

The Bride
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

I still stand by the fact that we should embrace that Omaha and Lincoln have both grown to sizes where they feed off each other and are a twin cities kind of situation. I love both Omaha and Lincoln so it doesn't really make sense for me to be anything more than happy that both of our beloved cities are growing in profound ways. :yes:
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum