Hickman's Growth

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Hickman's Growth

Post by CapitalGuy »

Hickman's Growth

If all five annexations are approved, Hickman will have grown by about 200 acres since 2000, Mayor Jim Hrouda said.
For years, Hickman was a town of about 800 people, he said, but water use indicates it now has about 1,650 people.

The growth on Lincoln's south side continues to stay high. It would be nice if some of the growth on the north and east of Lincoln could be this strong.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Agreed, Lincoln needs to start growing this direction more. The proposed east bypass should help things out with that I'd assume.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

When I lived in Lincoln, a gal I worked with lived in Hickman.  I always thought Hickman was an ironic name to pick for a small town.  Nice place though.
Last edited by joeglow on Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

^Well, at least it wasn't named Hickville. That would have been a tragedy. Surely there must be a Mr. Hickman in the town's proud past.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yes - it was named after C. H. Hickman in 1872 when he platted the town.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

How's Waverly's growth these days?  They appear to be landing some big warehouse/industrial 'tenants'.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.