Lincoln's Antelope Valley Project.

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

That looks awesome! Hopefully it'll be a catalyst for further redevelopment. I'm looking at you, The Auto Connection.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thanks Collin!
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Awesome project. Thanks for the great pics, Collin! I can't wait to see it in person.
RichLNK
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RichLNK »

This is a pretty big deal. The mayor and city issued an IFRP this last may for a 6-acre site just southeast of downtown around 21st and L St. The plan called for a redevelopment of the underutilized area and 4 companies submitted by the Nov. 1st deadline. Check out this article and it'll better explain each team's proposal. Personally I think the 'Lincoln Town Center' proposal is the best, because it's much more substantial in size costing 73 million from both public/private sector. It will be very cool in that area in future years. Give it a read.

Rich

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt- ... 2ee22.html
HuskerAlum04
New to the Neighborhood

Post by HuskerAlum04 »

I also overall think the town center idea is the best and best bang for the buck for Lincoln.  It's time that the $275 mil investment pays off and stop putting this valuable space to more government projects like a botanical gardens.  There is enough park space in the area already.  To get some residences in this area could help with more retail/commercial space to fill up as well.  And the additional acres they plan to incorporate is just that added incentive to pick them.  Even if it will be a phased construction.  This project overall is the best of the bunch by far.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Glad to see things are moving forward with this.  If you've around this area in downtown Lincoln you know it is completely neglected and a dump.
CapitalGuy
Human Relations

Post by CapitalGuy »

Developer Plans Grocery Store, Apartments and Row Houses for site
The proposed housing options include:

* More than 60 three-story row houses for purchases.

* More than 60 affordable rental apartments, including 20 supervised units for those with mental health challenges, at the current Windstream warehouse.

* More than 30 low-income apartments in a new building east of the warehouse to be known as the Lofts.

* More than 20 apartments in a new three-story building to be constructed at the site of the former Williamson Honda. The mixed-use building will include retail and commercial space on the lower level, possibly including a restaurant.