Yes Man

Capital city news and discussion.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Yes Man

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Maybe this has been mentioned already.

I just watched Yes Man and was very surprised that about a 10-minute chunk of the film takes place in Lincoln. The footage is very stereotypical, but not necessarily negative. The characters end up having a great time.

It shows a Husker football game with a pretty great aerial view of the stadium. However, it also goes right from that to showing them walking on a dirt road out in the country next to a farm.

Also, the way it's portrayed, it makes it seem as if there is non-stop air service from L.A. to Lincoln. :)
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Really? No one has seen this?
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I have not seen it but I was at the game where some of the air shots and in stadium shots were taken.  No idea if any of it was used.  The crowd shots with Jim C in them were actually shot in Calif and there was no real game going on.  There were fill in's  used and there was a call for "real" husker fans to come be involved in the shoot.  The call was heavily promoted on Huskerpedia and as I remember it most of the people that were there, in the front, were "real" Huskers!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

They definitely featured an aerial view of the stadium.