Tivoli development

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Tivoli development

Post by eomaha »

Well, I'm not sure why he avoids the forum here... but Novak was kind enough to forward me this web address for the Tivoli development out at 175th and West Center. Personally, I think it sounds a little overhyped (looks like another 'Shoppes at Lakeside' to me) ... but maybe I'll be surprised.

Anyway... here's the link to their fairly impressive website: http://www.tivoliomaha.com
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Tivoli will be the first mixed use property in Omaha
What? Do I not understand what mixed use is?
UNOstudent
Human Relations

Post by UNOstudent »

i saw a whopping runza sign there the other day
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

i dont see how the omaha tivoli is based on the original tivoli, they look NOTHING alike, i suppose that is good though, can you imagine a huge neon-clad building like that in west omaha, haha
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

oh, and from looking at the design, it looks like the parking lot will be a mess, there are only 4 entry/exit points and the lots curve around all over the place with dead ends,etc....
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Woa, and this development is a great thing why?

Edit: I guess the 3d models are somewhat interesting...but how impressive can a one story shopping/mixed use complex be?
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'm thinking it's going to look similar to Spring Ridge Plaza (below). Unique in it's 'mixed use' it is definitely not. I have to say... I'm a little disappointed that there are so many wildly different looking retail strips along this section of West Center. From Legacy to Shoppes at Lakeside to Tivoli and others.

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

(The developer should) stop claiming it is.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Agreed, my previous comment was directed at the devloper, not to Titos.
AZCorey
Home Owners Association

Post by AZCorey »

Okay...I really am not trying to be a smartass....but did I see on the Tivoli website that this will be anchored by Super Target and Super Walmart?

Not that those aren't a good thing....but that's not that exciting these days....I thought it said just before it that it would have 'specialty' stores not found in most strip malls, indicating an exclusivity almost...maybe I'm just confused, what exactly is this going to be? What is 'mixed use'?

signed,

'Dumb in Arizona'
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

The Super Walmart is on the SWC of 180th and West Center. The Super Target is in the center immediately to the west of Tivoli. I don't know what this developer thinks it has that makes it more 'mixed use' than any other 'retail and restaurant' development.
RyaninOrangeCounty
New to the Neighborhood

Post by RyaninOrangeCounty »

Okay. I'm one of this website's many "lurkers." Just wanted to add that the traditional, and in my opinion, more correct definition of "mixed-use" development involves both a residential (single or multi family) and a commercial component (retail or office) on a parcel. I think the developer is trying to bend that definition by widening the scope of their property to include the surrounding Legacy and Lakeside communities which are full of residential, commercial, and even hospital uses.

Often new development can be marketed in this way. Sort of an upscale "place to be" type of thing. That being said, these guys have a "second wave" development because the area is now filled with the restaurants and shops that pioneered the far west West Center retail boom.

It's commendable that they are making an attempt at creating an aesthetically pleasing development. Thanks to Omaha by Design, the city will see more of these. Even though these guys might need a little lesson on the meaning of "mixed-use," try not to be too hard on them.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Hey! My son works at that Runza. :P
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Tivoli is replating the center of their development. Lots 10-13 are now replat 2 and will be a Medical Office building:

Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

The hotel is moving along quickly.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Good, because there isn't enough medical offices in this corridor already. I guess they thought the Lakeside Health mega mall was insufficient. It's good to see such a promising development has decided that it's new center piece will be an office building for Lakeside rejects. :roll: Heh, jk, but seriously....ugh....
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

Anyone notice the new Hampton Inn that sprung up almost overnight?  I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.
a42887
Home Owners Association

Post by a42887 »

adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

That's a nice photo update.  Thanks for that. :D

Also, that is one massive wood structure.  I guess steel and concrete are getting so expensive that wood is becoming more economical as a construction material.  I hope construction materials go down in price or we're going to experience a building slowdown across the nation.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Thanks for the pic update a42887..

I noticed this yesterday while driving in the area..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Now my parents have another new neighborhood option when they come to town (since they probably won't want to stay in my basement again after the sewer drain backed up last visit).

I like this area alot... what with it's traffic circles/park/pond/transition to the neighborhood and all.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Still Progressing:

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Drove through here today and out or nowhere there is a building on Lot 9 ( At least that what I believe the lot number reads on the post above).  This is S of the Hotel and N of TGI Friday's.  Sign up says it will be a Firestone Store.  

The building is all brick and there are a BUNCH of bays.  Doesn't look too bad so far but the location for this type of business seems out of place to me.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

In driving by about 1:00 PM yesterday there were three cars in front of the vacant TGI Friday's, the front door was open, and there were a few people walking around inside.  Probably means absolutely nothing other than someone still has the keys.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

That place seems to be dead nowadays Moe's, Fridays, Taco Bueno, have all closed, the old CheeburgerCheeburger lot within the past year or so has gone from home style cooking to Vietnamemse to Some Bistro now the only original place in that strip mall now is the Beauty First place.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

They got what they asked for with this development.  It never should have been commercial and now that it is its just too dang much and can't stay full.  Actually, most everyone out that way got what they asked for in that regard.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Is the land in the middle of the circle still supposed to be a medical office?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Is the land in the middle of the circle still supposed to be a medical office?
I think it is an island!

Seriously, the biggest issue I see with the whole development is access.  A lot of the "out to eat" crowd is impulse on where to go.  By the time you have driven by on Center and see the places and think, hay, that will work, you have to hunt for he way in.  The "other" places there are more of a lets go  to "X, Y, or Z. so the access is not quite the same issue.  That is my take on why the eating establishments have not worked there.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

nebugeater wrote:By the time you have driven by on Center and see the places and think, hay, that will work, you have to hunt for he way in.
Hmmm, well I can't say I recall driving down Center Street and have decided, despite the numerous restaurants, that I would rather settle for eating a bale of hay.  

:)
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:
nebugeater wrote:By the time you have driven by on Center and see the places and think, hay, that will work, you have to hunt for he way in.
Hmmm, well I can't say I recall driving down Center Street and have decided, despite the numerous restaurants, that I would rather settle for eating a bale of hay.  

:)

TitosBuritoBarn ?????  
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

The medical office is still what the official plans show.   I havent seen or heard anything different but at this point it will be whatever is ready to build soonest!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Anyone have any idea what might be going into the former TGI Fridays location in the Tivoli development on W Center?  Over the weekend I saw that there were two roll off dumpsters sitting in front of it. Drove by tonight and one of them is full of what tools to be all the HVAC duct work out of the building.and from Center driving by it looks like more than that is gutted.  No signs up that I could see.
Brad
City Council

Re: Tivoli development

Post by Brad »

According to Grow Omaha, Carlson Burnett Law will be building between the Runza and the Hampton Inn on the north side of the circle.