Metro Crossing: I-80 and I-29 (east)

Including Iowa metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

More stores plan Metro Crossing locations
More stores are going to set up shop in Metro Crossing.

A Sherwin Williams Co. paint store, a Dollar Tree discount store, and Maurices and Christhoper & Banks women's fashion stores have taken out permits in various building stages, according to the Council Bluffs Building Division.

"To have three or four companies announcing with permits is showing everything is proceeding," said Metro Crossing developer Mark Andersen. . . .

Other stores are looking into the area, Andersen said.

"We should know more by the end of the month," he said. . . .
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I didnt pay enough attention.  I saw metro crossing and thought midtown crossing at turner park.   I thought a dollar tree was going in at the mutual development.  I was about to ask if they were going to put a check cashing place in the W hotel.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

the give away should have been that this was in the "council bluffs development" section :;):
Go Cubs Go
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

The new Target is open, I was in there last night. The end is near for Mall of the Bluffs.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

so what is going on with the buffalo wild wings?  Is it going to be something else in addition to bww?  It's a huge building, and i've not really seen one that size before.
Go Cubs Go
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

can we make a designated mall of the bluffs thread?  Seems like this is steering off topic... :;):
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

thenewguy wrote:so what is going on with the buffalo wild wings?  Is it going to be something else in addition to bww?  It's a huge building, and i've not really seen one that size before.
Radio Shack is moving out of MOTB to next to Buffalo Wild Wings
can we make a designated mall of the bluffs thread?
Done
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

I am a huge fan of Target.  I was so excited to see that we were getting a new Target, but disappointed that it was leaving the mall which is very convenient for me.  After visiting the new Target, I can say that I am truly disappointed in our new Target.  Its almost the same thing as the old with the exception of a larger (and may I say overpriced) grocery department.  Does anyone know how the size (sq. ft.) compares with the old?
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

bargainhunter wrote:Does anyone know how the size (sq. ft.) compares with the old?
New store is 133,000 sq. ft, previous store was 95,500 sq. ft.  Prior to Target's expansion several years ago, they were somewhere in the 75-80,000 sq. ft. range, so the store size is considerably larger than what we've previously had.  I have to say, I was pleased with the new Target, a lot better selection in a lot of areas that we looked in.  I didn't bother with the grocery area though.

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

what's going in across the street from buffalo wild wings?  There's ground being broken, but i looked at the county assessor's site and doesn't say who is going in there.
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I need to get back over there because I don't know where buffalo wild wings is.  I can't seem to find an updated map, anyone have one?
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

without looking, did they ever release renderings of everything going in?  I thought at one point they said there'd be an Olive Garden going in there, or an Outback, but there's still so much undeveloped land that it's hard to think of where stuff will go.  I agree with Brad, we need an updated map!
Go Cubs Go
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

Sherwin Williams paint store, Dollar Tree, & Christhoper & Banks are supposed to be going in too.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bargainhunter wrote:Sherwin Williams paint store, Dollar Tree, & Christhoper & Banks are supposed to be going in too.
Sherwin will be a free standing building on the east side.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

so is it the sherwin williams that is being built to the east of hobby lobby/north of radioshack & buffalo wild wings?  I was thinking that would be the outback or olive garden (or which ever was going in next) but it doesn't seem to be configured correctly.
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Here's the latest PDF showing where everything is that has been announced:

Kimco Development

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Thanks!  I wanted to ask, where have you been?  Prior to a few days ago, i hadn't seen you post in a while :P

(and i still think that sherwin williams is an odd fit for that area)
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Out of town and busy

--William Jennings Bryan
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

icejammer wrote:Out of town and busy
Busy seems to be common theme right now!
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Buffalo Wild Wings contest kicks off June 27 opening
Buffalo Wild Wings’ new location at Metro Crossing will open Saturday, June 27, with some fun and free wings.

The first 100 customers at the restaurant on opening day will receive free wings for a year, said Regional Manager Steve Oppliger. . . .

The new Buffalo Wild Wings location seats roughly 260 people inside and 48 people outdoors on the patio that overlooks the Metro Crossing lake. . . .

The new location is the seventh in the Omaha and Council Bluffs metro area and almost the 600th nationwide. The restaurant will employ 150 people who are in training this week in anticipation for the June 27 grand opening.

The doors will open to the public at 11 a.m. However, Oppliger said the first 100 customers may be let in a bit earlier for a sneak peek. . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

why was my post removed
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

thenewguy wrote:why was my post removed
Technical glitch?  Beats me otherwise, wasn't me.

Just repost.

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

enh, it wasn't that earth shatteringly important.  I was just curious.
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Video game retailer to open at Metro Crossing
GameStop, a nationwide video game and entertainment software retailer, is coming to Council Bluffs.

It’s to be located at the Metro Crossing Shopping Center in the building that includes Buffalo Wild Wings and Radio Shack, according to developer Mark Andersen. Construction of the area where GameStop would be located should be done in September, though he wasn’t sure when the store might open. . . .

Also in that building, located on the eastern side of the center, will be a Heartland Cellular store, Andersen added.  . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

There isn't one here already? They are like the Starbucks of video game retailing.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

There's one at Mall of the Bluffs already.

--William Jennings Bryan
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Oh, the first sentence of the article you posted made it sound like this was their first location in CB.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Oh, the first sentence of the article you posted made it sound like this was their first location in CB.

i thought so, too.
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Excuse me if I barf....

Dollar Tree branches out with new C.B. store
. . . Dollar Tree opened its doors earlier this week at Metro Crossing Shopping Center and will hold official grand opening ceremonies on Saturday at 8:30 a.m., a company spokesperson said. . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

yea, another dollar store.  Big effin deal.  May as well just open up a stretch of pawn shops too while were at it.
Go Cubs Go
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Another new store opens....(although I guess it has been open for a little while before this)

New women’s store opens in Council Bluffs
Another retail grand opening in Council Bluffs was held on Thursday and, according to Mayor Tom Hanafan, these events provide more benefits than just a new shopping option.

Speaking at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Christopher & Banks store at Metro Crossing Shopping Center . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

Just saw on loopnet that Panera, Panda Express and Freddies Frozen custard are going in.
bargainhunter
Library Board

Post by bargainhunter »

I wonder if Panera will be leaving MOTB?
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Daily Nonpareil wrote: . . . A new building permit for a Panda Express restaurant in the Metro Crossing Shopping Center was applied for on Nov. 13 in the City’s Building Division, according to the latest permit listing.

“It takes 20 to 30 days calendar days before they get a permit,” said Dan Woehloff, the city’s chief building official.

The proposed building’s size would be 38 feet by 70 feet, he said. . . .

--William Jennings Bryan
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

Loopnet now lists Olive Garden as a tenant to Metro Crossing.
mscott07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mscott07 »

Olive Garden?! Yippee!  How do you see this info on loopnet?  Does it give a timeframe?

Thnx
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

pretty sure they started preliminary work before the snow hit.  If i remember correctly, it should be just north of bww & radioshack on the east side of the road
Go Cubs Go
mscott07
New to the Neighborhood

Post by mscott07 »

thenewguy wrote:pretty sure they started preliminary work before the snow hit.  If i remember correctly, it should be just north of bww & radioshack on the east side of the road
Hmmm, I was just over in that area yesterday and I didnt notice anything, but maybe its buried under snow.  I always have my eyes peeled as I heard Panda Express could be going up there too.  We definitely need some other restaurants in this area.  Applebees and Red Lobster just don't cut it.  

Thanks!
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

mscott07 wrote:Olive Garden?! Yippee!  How do you see this info on loopnet?  Does it give a timeframe?

Thnx
I've never understood while Olive Garden is so popular.  Sure, it's decent food for a decent price, but they don't have any of the character and variety of local real "family" italian restaurant.  I guess it's probably the same reason most business are dominated by franchise chains; people would rather go to the same "brand" that is safe across the country than risk a new experience.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Panda Express will be just north of First National.  Not sure on Olive Garden's lot.

--William Jennings Bryan