Village Pointe (SWC 168 & West Dodge)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

g-man430 wrote:
Coyote wrote:Thanks for sharing your photos g-man! Were you here on vacation from Greenville?
Yes. :) My parents are originally from Omaha and I have many relatives that live there.
Sorry, didn't see this, dis-regard my post in another thread about why you are just getting to some of these places.  Hope you had a good time here and welcome to the forum.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sephora to open in Village Pointe
Omaha World Herald wrote:Sephora, a beauty product retailer that features more than 250 brands, will open in May at Village Pointe. The 5,200-square-foot store will open between Cost Plus World Market and Jos. A. Bank. Also, Harry & David, a national fruit and fine food retailer, is now projecting a March opening at Village Pointe.
nebugeater
City Council

Harry & David to open on March 6

Post by nebugeater »

Harry & David to open on March 6

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2 ... d=10264614

Oregon-based Harry & David is set to open its first Omaha-area store, at Village Pointe Shopping Center, on March 6. The 145-store gourmet fruit, food and candy chain is known for its Fruit-of-the-Month Club, gift baskets, Royal Riviera pears and chocolates. And the store offers something its mail-order catalogs can't: the opportunity to taste before you buy.
ThatGuy
Human Relations

Post by ThatGuy »

Anybody heard anything about the old Wild Oats location lately? When I drove by this afternoon there was a couple of semis backed up to the loading docks.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Work going on Monday:
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Work going on Monday:
I noticed they had a dumpster at the back loading docks yesterday (WED)
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

It would be great to see something like Barnes & Noble or Borders fill that spot.  Maybe something is happening now.  Time will tell.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sephora store opens today at Village Pointe

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... d=10362319
JOHN KEENAN WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The Omaha area's first free-standing Sephora store opens today at Village Pointe.

Sephora is the leading beauty-products retailer in Europe, according to the company's Web site, and operates more than 500 stores in 14 countries.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Village Point Medical Office Buildings:

Village Point South
hackermav
New to the Neighborhood

Post by hackermav »

Scarlet and Cream Letter Club had a 'Pending' sign up yesterday morning on the drive by.  Hopefully we'll get something in there soon.
hockeyfan
New to the Neighborhood

Post by hockeyfan »

I posted this in the Scarlet and Cream topic under rumors as well.

It is going to be a medical office.  I have heard both dentist and podiatrist office.  It will be one of those two not sure which though.  Kind of a waste if you ask me.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

What?! :evil:  They just effing built three effing medical offices right to the west of it and there is room for more!!!! You cannot honestly tell me that there is this much demand for medical offices or that there is a lack of availability of existing office space more suitable for such offices. This is like the "Glow Golf" of upscale retail centers. Pathetic. :grr:
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Looks like there is a Fossil store coming to Village Pointe.  Don't see it on the VP or the Fossil web site yet but there is an empty store front in the Apple store area that has the windows covered over and it says Fossil coming soon.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

so the apple store didn't make it huh
Go Cubs Go
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Nope it's near the Apple Store.  Apple is alive and well at VP.

Greg
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

thenewguy wrote:so the apple store didn't make it huh
Apple store AREA

The Apple store always seems busy when I am over that way.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I have heard that the apple store is doing very well.

I saw the sign too. The Fossil store front is two to the east of the Apple store.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Trenton & Jeff mentioned on KFAB this morning that The Melting Pot is closing this weekend.  But in good news, there are three upcoming announcements for Village Point, including a replacement for the Melting Pot space.

But if you want fondue, you'll need to either go this weekend or drive down to Kansas City.
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

That's too bad... my wife and I enjoyed going there on occasions.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I talked to Jeff, he said a Retailer not a Restaurant will be replacing the Melting Pot.  He did not mention any names.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Stargazer wrote:That's too bad... my wife and I enjoyed going there on occasions.
I remember Wheatfields having fondue.  Are they still around?  If so, check out their fondue Jeff.  I remember it was good.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Village Pointe's vacancy rate has been very very impressive considering our current economic climate.  I was at Shadow Lake about a week ago and they seem to be going strong as well.  

Greg
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Stargazer wrote:That's too bad... my wife and I enjoyed going there on occasions.
I remember Wheatfields having fondue.  Are they still around?  If so, check out their fondue Jeff.  I remember it was good.
According to their web site, they just have cheese and chocolate fondue.  Not the main course...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I saw a sign for Toys R Us Express store this afternoon.  Stores not open yet but the shelves were stocked.  It is about right across the street from the Coach and Fossil stores.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Oops
Last edited by Uffda on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Love Culture coming to Village Pointe http://www.loveculture.com/ and also a pearl vision

Couple more tenants coming in the next few weeks.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Bummer...

Fire at Scheels closes store until Monday

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Fir ... olute=true
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
ad2330
Home Owners Association

Post by ad2330 »

Now that Village Pointe Pediatrics has built their own facility on 180th, does anyone know what is going on with their old space next to Goodcents?  I assume they've vacated, is the space for lease?

Just curious.  Thanks.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

A new Maurices store will open March 20 at Village Pointe Shopping Center, and the women's clothing retailer is moving to a new, larger store Friday at Shadow Lake Towne Center in Papillion.

Maurices will occupy a 5,300-square-foot space on the west end of the main street at Village Pointe, near 168th Street and West Dodge Road, next to the Gap store. The store is moving down Shadow Lake's main street to a 5,200-square-foot store next to the Jos. A. Bank store.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130226/M ... inte-store
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:
A new Maurices store will open March 20 at Village Pointe Shopping Center, and the women's clothing retailer is moving to a new, larger store Friday at Shadow Lake Towne Center in Papillion.

Maurices will occupy a 5,300-square-foot space on the west end of the main street at Village Pointe, near 168th Street and West Dodge Road, next to the Gap store. The store is moving down Shadow Lake's main street to a 5,200-square-foot store next to the Jos. A. Bank store.

This is right to the west of Gap -- GameStop also pulled out of VP.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:

This is right to the west of Gap -- GameStop also pulled out of VP.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

Hospital likely to build to the west of VP.  I guess this could go in the thread for W VP.  Oh well.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cdub wrote:Hospital likely to build to the west of VP.  I guess this could go in the thread for W VP.  Oh well.
The Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital?
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

It looks like they have done some land work near the hotel? Is this the Madonna going in? It looks small to be that.
No posts exist for this topic
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

MadMartin8 wrote:It looks like they have done some land work near the hotel? Is this the Madonna going in? It looks small to be that.
I think the Madonna is right along dodge.  When I was out there the other day, it looked like grading for the hotel was going on.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Brad wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:It looks like they have done some land work near the hotel? Is this the Madonna going in? It looks small to be that.
When I was out there the other day, it looked like grading for the hotel was going on.
That is what I was thinking too.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Brad wrote:
When I was out there the other day, it looked like grading for the hotel was going on.
That is what I was thinking too.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad wrote:
I think the Madonna is right along dodge.  When I was out there the other day, it looked like grading for the hotel was going on.
We have a heck of a lot of hotel construction right now.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

This thread has been in existence for eight years and no one has pointed out that, in the title, "Point" should be spelled "Pointe".
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:This thread has been in existence for eight years and no one has pointed out that, in the title, "Point" should be spelled "Pointe".
I always thought they just misspelled it on all signs out there.