Midtown Crossing

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association

Re: Midtown Crossing

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

nebugeater wrote:
TheSeventhBrat wrote:
lmdramos wrote:I think The Afternoon in Westroads is located where the H&M is going. I would expect a lot of the stores in that location of the mall to relocate somewhere else in the mall or leave the mall entirely.
The Afternoon was offered another space in the mall, but opted to close instead.
The options they were give were for MUCH smaller locations and a higher cost than they currently had.
Yep. Same deal for a couple other stores.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140123/M ... ode-school
Omaha Code School has found a home in Midtown Crossing.

The school, which will begin its first class Feb. 24, aims to take its students from “novice to hirable” Web developers in 12 intense weeks.

We reported on the school earlier this month, but it had not yet settled on a location. It will be at 200 S. 31st Ave., suite 4107, in Midtown Crossing, near Cantina Laredo. The space was formerly a home furnishings store, said Sumeet Jain, co-founder and instructor of the school.

Jain said Midtown Crossing has been very accommodating. "Finding someone to lease us space on a short term was not easy."
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lots of "Best Of Omaha" at Midtown Crossing:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Very impressive!
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

I guess I totally missed that GNC would open there.... I more of a complete nutrition fan though :/
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha_Gabe wrote:I guess I totally missed that GNC would open there....
Just got an email that says it opens Tomorrow, Saturday 2/1/2014
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Nice another bay filled up. Only a few of the smaller bays left, need another 2 anchors.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Locally-owned Garbo’s Salon and Spa Expanding Midtown Crossing Location
Midtown Crossing wrote: Omaha, Neb. – Locally-owned Garbo’s Salon and Spa, one of Omaha’s premier full service salons and spas, is celebrating its first anniversary in Midtown Crossing – by expanding the size of its location.
“The expansion will allow us to add up to 12 new styling stations, a small service ‘bar’ and an additional waiting area for our guests. As a result, we’ll be able to expand our staff and our opportunities to serve our guests when it’s most convenient for them,” said owner/president Darcy Michalek who also owns Garbo's locations at Village Pointe and Oak View Mall, along with her husband Mike.
The expansion will involve some renovation to Garbo’s current space at 3220 Farnam St. A lobby wall will be removed, opening an entrance to a new loft area.
“We feel like adding the loft addition will bring a new dynamic to the salon and set it apart with its unique design,” Michalek said.
Family-friendly and open seven days a week, Garbo’s offers a wide selection of hair, nail and skin options. Michalek opened the Midtown Crossing salon in February 2013. The loft addition is expected to open in late summer 2014.
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

One of the most distinguished names in Omaha’s physical therapy market is joining Midtown Crossing’s award-winning roster of tenants. Makovicka Physical Therapy, a private practice physical therapy corporation, plans to begin scheduling its new Midtown Crossing clinic the last week of August with a projected start date of September 2.
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/New- ... 87331.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Great use for some of that space! Really becoming a real mix use development.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Three Things.

1. Grane Sign is up
2. Thirst Tea Cafe opens Today
3. Toy Drive Today

http://www.midtowncrossing.com/restaurants/thirst-tea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We enjoy tea, ok we are not going to lie...we love tea. That’s why we here at Thirst tea cafe would like to share that passion with everyone. But it’s not only tea that we specialize in we also expanded that to flavor-infused teas like our Passion fruit jasmine tea blend to our matcha milky tea. Any of our drinks can be topped off with our signature topping of “boba,” which is tapioca shaped to a round and chewy consistency then sweetened to perfection, or any of our other choices of toppings available. So we hope you enjoy our passion of tea just as much as we do and as always, Stay Thirst-tea!
Midtown Crossing wrote:Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing is enlisting Buzz, Woody and the gang to help brighten the lives of some of our area’s less fortunate children. The neighborhood’s popular summer series, Monday Night at Movies, will feature the Pixar classic “Toy Story” on Monday, June 30. In conjunction, Midtown Crossing is hosting a toy drive to benefit the Salvation Army and the families it serves. Movie guests are encouraged to bring a new toy to Turner Park to donate.
“We saw record crowds for ‘Frozen’ and ‘The Hunger Games.’ We’re hoping for another great turnout – and a great impact (‘to infinity and beyond’) – when ‘Toy Story’ rolls on our big screen,” said Molly Skold, Midtown Crossing’s vice president of marketing and communications.
“Thanks to organizations like Midtown Crossing, the Salvation Army will able to make this Christmas season more joyful for thousands of less fortunate children. Donations of new toys and gifts are appreciated year round so local kids don't have to wake up on Christmas morning without anything under the tree,” said Susan Eustice, divisional director, public relations & communications, The Salvation Army.
Now its third year, the family-friendly Monday Night at the Movies, presented by the Omaha World-Herald, runs consecutive Mondays through July 28. All of the outdoor movies – free and open to the public -- roll at sunset on a 26-foot inflatable screen in Turner Park.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

As reported in the Clarinda thread via Imperative Voice, Turner LLC may now be looking at these apartments north of Dodge:

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Mutual is going to really expand Midtown Crossing, aren't they?

I wonder what the timeline is.
No posts exist for this topic
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

MadMartin8 wrote:Mutual is going to really expand Midtown Crossing, aren't they?

They have said before that they want different developers to fill out to 480. I think they are done financing themselves.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

They should buy Park Plaza West, the tall building. It was supposed to be a hotel when it was first built but ran into trouble during construction & sat exposed for years. When it was finally finished the structural steel bled & the apartments had this red stain running down the walls. It never lived up to its potential. Time for it to come down and be part of Mutual's development, unless badly built 1960s & 70s buildings are "historic" as well?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:
MadMartin8 wrote:Mutual is going to really expand Midtown Crossing, aren't they?

They have said before that they want different developers to fill out to 480. I think they are done financing themselves.
It appears they are done with financing developments in this area, but they will do all they can to prime interest in the area by aggressively purchasing land for developers.
10thstgoober
Home Owners Association

Post by 10thstgoober »

Are there any plans empty lot on the NW corner of 31st Ave and Dodge St? I thought Mutual of Omaha had a stake in that as well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

10thstgoober wrote:Are there any plans empty lot on the NW corner of 31st Ave and Dodge St?   I thought Mutual of Omaha had a stake in that as well.
Slosberg.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Atomic Bombshells Joining Boutique Line-up at Midtown Crossing

Midtown Crossing wrote: Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing’s newest retailer partner is all about vintage. Atomic Bombshells, a boutique specializing in vintage-inspired apparel, is set to open toward the end of the summer.
“We have classic pin-up (like Lucille Ball-inspired dresses) to rockabilly style and everything in between,” said owner Andrea Hurtt. “Guests can expect to find clothing ranging from XS to 4XL. It’s about accepting who you are as a woman.”
This will be Omaha’s second Atomic Bombshells location – the first in midtown.
“Midtown Crossing is a good fit for so many reasons, one being its central location,” Hurtt explained. “We have our first store in West Omaha, and it's hard for people from places like Bellevue or Benson to visit us. Plus, the midtown crowd is just perfect for our styles!”
Atomic Bombshells will be located at 32nd & Farnam St., right next to Three Dog Bakery.
“I am most looking forward to all the new people I will get to encounter in the midtown area,” Hurtt said.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Unless I missed one by accident after Atomic Bombshell opens there will be only one vacant bay on the south side of Farnam. Sure they may be offering cheap rent for the space, but it is still really nice to see a full line of stores for two straight blocks.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like hutch will be moving to the empty bay on 33rd and Farnam. A much larger space for them, very happy to see them doing well.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Looks like hutch will be moving to the empty bay on 33rd and Farnam.  A much larger space for them, very happy to see them doing well.
Midtown Crossing wrote:
Hutch Expanding Offerings, Square Footage in Midtown Crossing

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 17, 2014

Hutch Expanding Offerings, Square Footage in Midtown Crossing

Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing retailer Hutch is expanding in size and scope one year after joining the neighborhood.
Known for its mid-century modern furnishings and décor, Hutch is set to move from its current location – 3157 Farnam St. – to a space almost four times as big (4,300 sq. ft.) at 3220 Farnam St. Hutch will expand its offerings to include new, local and vintage furniture and home décor. A new in-house partner will provide interior design services.
“Birdhouse Interior Design will work their magic to seamlessly execute and vignette these design styles within our expanded 4,300 sq. ft. showroom at Midtown Crossing as well as run their full-service firm,” said Hutch co-owner Nick Huff. He and Brandon Beed opened their Midtown Crossing store in August 2013.
Birdhouse Interior Design owner Jessica McKay said, “Since first collaborating together, I knew the fellas at Hutch were my people. It makes perfect sense that we piggyback our services onto one another, and by doing so, we can continue to inspire and challenge each other to give Omaha an amazing resource for furniture, art and design.”
The new, bigger Hutch location is expected to open in November.
“We will feature lines and products that have yet to hit the Omaha market and also give local makers and artists a viable retail space and visibility within our community,” Huff said.
In the meantime, the current store is open for business as usual, selling its vintage, mid-century products. Huff said the whole Hutch experience has been a delightful whirlwind.
“If you would have asked us two years ago if we wanted to open up a furniture store, we would have burst out laughing. Going from a basement in the Old Market to 1,100 sq. ft. in Midtown Crossing to a 4,300 sq. ft. showroom in Omaha's most urban development in a little over one year, beckons us to exude humility and gratitude.” Huff said. “You never know how or when your dreams and opportunities come about, but heck, right now, we're having fun surfing the cloud.”
To keep up with Hutch happenings and new finds, visit hutchmodern.com.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grane, an Unprecedented New Whiskey Concept, Opening in Midtown Crossing
Midtown Crossing wrote:Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing is eager to celebrate the July 23 grand opening of Grane, a first-of-its kind concept developed by Dan Matuszek, founder of Omaha original Brix – A Wine and Spirits Experience.
Named in tribute to the staples of whiskey making with a creative spelling twist, Grane blends a growing affinity for whiskeys and craft cocktails with the most modern, small portion whiskey dispensing/sampling technology – all wrapped in the feel and décor of pre- and post-prohibition 1920’s and 30’s.
“When you take a look at what’s going on in the craft cocktail and whiskey categories – not only here in Omaha but throughout the United States and globally – the timing was right for someone to create a new, innovative brand around it,” said Matuszek, formerly with the E. & J. Gallo Winery and a 28-year veteran of the wine and spirits industry.
WineEmotion™ USA, known for its line of hi-tech wine dispensing systems, partnered with Matuszek to create the new whiskey-dispensing “Bartender by WineEmotion™” – and granted Grane global exclusive rights through May 2015 to test the new product.
Like its wine-focused counterpart, “Bartender” will enhance the customer experience by perfectly measuring sample-sized pours of whiskeys at .5oz, 1oz, and 1.5oz levels and dispensing it in its ideal form. Grane will have five, seven-bottle ‘Bartender’ units (a total of 35 bottle positions) for sampling with a SmartCard plus an additional 300 whiskey options behind the bar. Guests will also be able to enjoy 20 signature craft cocktails, a selection of draught and bottled beers, wine by the glass, and a small appetizer menu featuring whiskey-infused sausages being developed by Grey Plume owner Clayton Chapman.
“Grane is not just geared towards the male whiskey consumer. It’s a brand and a format that reaches across a wide demographic spectrum,” Matuszek said.
Grane occupies a 2,500 sq. ft. space in Midtown Crossing between Cantina Laredo and Saints Pub + Patio, separate from Matuszek’s Brix location. The new establishment includes a retail portion for off-sale whiskey, allowing guests to purchase on-site what they sample on the “Bartender” dispensing units.
“It’s very exciting to see the Grane brand come to life after working on it for more than a year,” Matuszek said.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Did you get a shot of the place while on top of building 4, or the South Tower last night?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Did you get a shot of the place while on top of building 4, or the South Tower last night?
Never zoomed in on it.

But I did look in the windows last night. Place looks AWESOME!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:Did you get a shot of the place while on top of building 4, or the South Tower last night?
Never zoomed in on it.  

But I did look in the windows last night.  Place looks AWESOME!
I should have taken a look inside before dark after you said that.
Now that that bay is filled, Provisions should be opening soon,
Hutch is moving from building 7 to building 2, and I hear their old space already has a lot of interest...
Things are looking way up for MC!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grane was open today during Jazz on the Green. Looked like thy were doing well. Popped by Chicago Dawg, and Kelly, the owner, told me they killed it today!
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

Coyote wrote:Grane was open today during Jazz on the Green. Looked like thy were doing well. Popped by Chicago Dawg, and Kelly, the owner, told  me they killed it today!
I love Chicago Dawg, so this makes me happy. I was worried that was going to be a cursed spot after Blanc flopped.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Chicago Dawg pulls their 'food truck' into the upper bowl south parking lot during these events.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Keep Omaha Beautiful honors Midtown Crossing with Beautification Award

Midtown Crossing wrote: Omaha, Neb. – Midtown Crossing, Omaha’s award-winning urban development, is the proud recipient of Keep Omaha Beautiful’s 2014 Beautification Award. The honor is given to a person, organization or company that has improved the aesthetic value of our community through the development of property, plantings and/or art.
“We believe that Midtown Crossing envelopes all these great qualities,” said Cindy Smilley, executive director, Keep Omaha Beautiful.
The Beautification Award was presented at Keep Omaha Beautiful’s Green Tie Gala on Thursday, August 14. Held every two years, “The Gala celebrates and thanks the green community and those who make our community great,” Smilley explained.
In addition to being one of the most significant developments in Omaha history, Midtown Crossing is one of the first projects in the nation to earn LEED certification under the U-S Green Building Council’s pilot Neighborhood Development Certification program. Joe Schmidt, Midtown Crossing’s vice president of operations, accepted the award on the neighborhood’s behalf.
“We do think Midtown Crossing is a thing of beauty – aesthetically to be sure but also in terms of its mission,” he said. “It was our goal, from day one, to create a truly remarkable public space for the people of Omaha but even more than that, to create a real symbol of the renewal that's taking place in Midtown Omaha.”
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Ed of Summer Concert Series starts next week.

Thursdays 8/21-9/25 @ 7:00pm

2014 LINE-UP
• August 21: Billy McGuigan
• August 28: Josh Gracin
• September 4: Opera Omaha
• September 11: Walker McGuire
• September 18: The 402
• September 25: The Sugar Thieves
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I've been seeing a lot of activity In this bay, now it's finally open:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

There will be a new addition the the Holiday Lights this year. First "Show" will be 11/22 at 7pm and should last about 15 min.
Omaha-BstonGuy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omaha-BstonGuy »

They added a B-cycles stand right outside the Grey Plume. Also, it seems the last two spots of retail (right across from Pana88 and GNC) are getting some tenants. One looks to be some sort of dance/ballet clothing shop, the other, no idea yet, I did not see a sign up.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Hutch is moving to a larger storefront in the area your describing.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Here is a quick timelapse I made of the lights at Midtown Crossing.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I really like the look with the clouds overhead.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

skinzfan23 wrote:I really like the look with the clouds overhead.
It would be cool if I shot this as a true timelapse. However I was trying to catch the individual colors of the trees and buildings so the clouds are not as smooth as they could be.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Another little Mini Time Lapse of the Light show at Midtown Crossing. Sorry, I am not a video guy so the video quality sucks. But the photos I shot that make up the video are high quality.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]