Rockbrook Village (108th and Center)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Rockbrook Village (108th and Center)

Post by eomaha »

My wife and I went to the Rockbrook art fair on Sunday... so I decided to take my camera to photograph some of the improvements which they've made to the 'lifestyle' center.  The new central plaza is well done, there is lots of landscaping throughout the center, almost every restaurant has inviting outside dining areas, and the facade updates are subtle but effective.
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

Great views of a wonderful shopping/restaurant/entertainment area!
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

they really needed to make these improvements. The whole area was looking very dated.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Three new stores to open at Rockbrook

From OWH:
Three businesses are scheduled to open this summer at Rockbrook Village and two existing businesses are relocating.

Kids Décor 'n' More, A Well-Dressed Window and Gentry Smiles Family Dentistry are joining the tenant roster at Rockbrook, 108th Street and West Center Road.

Body Basics, a fitness equipment store, and Gloria's Framing Studio will relocate within the center.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

It looks as if the last of the cosmetic "improvements" to Rockbrook have been put in place. Why 2 years ago they ruined the meadow along W. Center Rd. -- turning it from a small nature preserve into a large and featureless drainage ditch -- will forever escape me. All the trees were clear-cut. Now I suppose they have a chance to do something to repair that scarring. The new construction leaves me pretty on the fence, if not down right disappointed in the construction style.

I do look forward to visiting the new wine store. They have a large outdoor patio, complete with fireplace. Rockbrook also hosts some of Omaha's finest restaurants.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Rockbrook Village welcomes handful of new stores

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120907/M ... new-stores
Barbara Soderlin WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The ArtRoom is one of five new businesses at Rockbrook Village shopping center, offering classes and open studio time for youths and adults, as well as events like a Thursday “Paint and Pour” girls night out and a Friday night “Paint 'N Popcorn,” where kids can be dropped off for an evening of art while their parents enjoy a dinner out.
Barbara Soderlin WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Besides the ArtRoom, Rockbrook's new tenants include: a Scooter's Coffee & Yogurt that's already open; a specialty spice shop opening in November or December; a Subway restaurant; and a spa opening in November that provides laser hair removal, tattoo removal and skin treatments.

At least two other new shops are in lease negotiations.
From the Same Article...

41st annual Rockbrook Village Art Fair
Barbara Soderlin WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:What: A juried art show with more than 150 artists demonstrating and selling their work, including painting, photography, ceremics, jewelry and glass.

When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday

Where: Rockbrook Village shopping center, 108th Street and West Center Road

Who: The fair was founded in 1971 by Gloria Mathews, the late owner of Gloria’s Custom Framing. It now is coordinated by Juanita Galvin, the store’s current owner. “It’s a wonderful mix of people and food and it’s great entertainment for the whole family,” Galvin said.

Parking: The fair attracts as many as 25,000 people, so parking gets “creative,” Galvin said. Spots are available in the surrounding neighborhood, and shuttles will run all day from the parking lots at Rockbrook Elementary School and the Westside Community Conference Center.
I will be there too!  My display will be in front of the Post and Nickel.
Brad
City Council

Re: Rockbrook Village (108th and Center)

Post by Brad »

3 new stores at Rockbrook Village

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140130/M ... ok-village" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janice Podsada wrote:Rockbrook Village at 108th Street and West Center Road is welcoming three new stores.
iSkateOmaha - Ice Skating and Accessories
The Clothier’s Daughters - Women's Apparel
Play+Rooms by LeWonderment - custom playrooms for children
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

The bridge at 108th and Center strikes again!

Semitrailer fails to make bridge clearance
KETV wrote:OMAHA, Neb. —A semitrailer snarled traffic Wednesday afternoon after not making clearance on the pedestrian bridge near 108th Street and West Center Road.

Roy Facklam was traveling eastbound on West Center Road when he was trying to make a right-hand turn on 108th Street. The outcome: a large dent on the top of his trailer.

"It doesn't look low," said Facklam.

Here's the driver:

Source - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was there yesterday. Its the third one I have seen in person and the 4 one this year (second this week).

1. Looking South

2. Looking North

3. Artist Rendering of what happened

4. Revised Artists Rendering of what happened

5. Here is a photo my fiend mark took on Monday.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I am sure this has been posted here before...

[youtube][/youtube]
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

:lol: I can't remember that being posted on eOmahaForums yet.
Makes me wonder how many 11' 8" s we have in Omaha...
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I see that some of those bridges have a warning light on them and truckers still hit them. On the TV report about the Rockbrook bridge, the trucker interviewed said they should put a warning light on the bridge. :D
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

It sounded like most drivers who are trying to get to south 108th St. are guided by their GPS programs to get off I-680 on West Center and turn south on 108th. As large as some of these trucking companies are, I am surprised they don't have 11'8" warnings along the way, or if the warnings is so small and visibly hidden that unless you stop and really study the map, you may just miss them. There are so many yellow warning lights on the roads theses days, I have to wonder if they no longer serve their purpose because they are often ignored.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They added a bunch of signs and flags yesterday.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

You can't fix stupid.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:You can't fix stupid.
:thumb:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sarah Spooner will be opening Four Sisters Boutique in the former Carol Fosse Contemporary Apprl. bay in Rockbrook...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Great Harvest is getting remodeled.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Speaking of Rockbrook, the whole front of the building is torn off where the Post and Nickle was.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was at Rockbrook the other day and there is a "Rizin Japanese Ramen" place opening by the convince store and "Hearts and Fire" opened where the Post & Nickle was.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Brad wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:28 pm I was at Rockbrook the other day and there is a "Rizin Japanese Ramen" place opening by the convince store and "Hearts and Fire" opened where the Post & Nickle was.
Was there a date posted for the opening of Rizin? Their sign on the side of the building has been up for several months without any movement or announcements, from what I have seen.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

This has it's own thread but nothing posted in months
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Is Casanova's Butchery expanding or moving down the strip mall a little bit?
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Brad wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:13 pm Is Casanova's Butchery expanding or moving down the strip mall a little bit?
I’ve heard rumors that they are moving down to the larger space and will be adding amenities.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Their annual Art Fair was very busy on Saturday afternoon, despite NU playing (badly) on TV. It was nice to chat with Brad. I kidded him that more and more of his downtown photos are becoming nostalgic period pieces.
ChadJK
Parks & Recreation

Post by ChadJK »

nativeomahan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:46 pm Their annual Art Fair was very busy on Saturday afternoon, despite NU playing (badly) on TV.
I'm guessing Nebraska games don't keep people at home like they once used to. :)
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Casanova's social media accounts and website appear to have vanished today.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

I have a close friend that owns a long time location in Rockbrook.

The landlord is flexible, and knows the retail industry. I feel these upstarts whether it's a restaurant, bar or retail just overdo it scaling their business and get far too deep and can't cash flow. You can't scale your business around your best month and expect repeat growth projections with no bumps in the road.

Not saying that's what happened here, but it's getting tiring seeing this happen over and over.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Dreams are cheap. Everyone has them.
Running your dreams through an economic analysis and putting together spreadsheets is where things get expensive. Having a promising idea, a great set of recipes, and even a decent location aren’t enough for most small businesses to sustain themselves through the lean months.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Mr.Nuke wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm Casanova's social media accounts and website appear to have vanished today.
It looks like a new facebook page was setup and active yesterday. Not sure if they got hacked or what..
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

Ben wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 am
Mr.Nuke wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:19 pm Casanova's social media accounts and website appear to have vanished today.
It looks like a new facebook page was setup and active yesterday. Not sure if they got hacked or what..
Yeah I plan on trying to get down there again soon, but even if "hacked" it is odd that you'd loose your social media accounts and your website would go down simultaneously. Glad it looks like they're still open though.
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

Mr.Nuke wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 pm
Yeah I plan on trying to get down there again soon, but even if "hacked" it is odd that you'd loose your social media accounts and your website would go down simultaneously. Glad it looks like they're still open though.
Maybe they had a tiff with whoever maintained their online presence?
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

zippy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:24 am
Mr.Nuke wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 pm
Maybe they had a tiff with whoever maintained their online presence?
Yeah something like that seems most likely at this point, although they had really good photos of their specials every day on the restaurant cafe side that would've required someone to be "very" involved if it wasn't the owner/ an employee. Just still kind of odd all around. It looks like the website and instagram account are back up with a new facebook page.