National Soccer Training Center to be built in KC

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

National Soccer Training Center to be built in KC

Post by Greg S »

Led by the guys from Sporting KC:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sp ... 91676.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: National Soccer Training Center to be built in KC

Post by iamjacobm »

This type of thing is the vision(meaning never going to happen) for a large chunk of the industrial area north of downtown. I think KC is really being smart here with the natural growth of soccer coming. They are capitalizing on their central location and soccer culture with Sporting KC here. Will probably demand a ton of Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn type hotels around here.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

KC has been smart with developing sports facilities. They already have great ones for soccer and baseball, many with field turf. Seems like I've always got friends going down there for their kids tourneys. Usually they require you to stay in specific hotel or hotels.

They need more hockey rinks but they do have one outdoor rink with fire pits near by. If your team plays in the tourney they are guaranteed at least one outdoor game (which the kids love).

I know Lincoln is getting ready to go with some privately developed youth complexes as well (I saw articles debating beer sales). I think one is proposed downtown.

Hopefully the project Omaha is planning with the pools and tennis expansion at Tranquility leads to more.

Greg
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

They broke ground over the weekend:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sp ... 10852.html
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »