California Pointe

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

California Pointe

Post by iamjacobm »

New building proposed for the West Dodge corridor. 6 story 100K SF office building.

iamjacobm
City Council

Re: California Pointe

Post by iamjacobm »

*Insert Pointe joke here*
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

NW of 132nd & Dodge?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Yes directly east of Bank of he West's offices.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

iamjacobm wrote:*Insert Pointe joke here*
That's what she said
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Actually looks pretty good! Will be fun actually being able to see this one being built from Dodge.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

The building doesn't look six stories tall.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

OmahaOmaha wrote:The building doesn't look six stories tall.
Thats what I was thinking. From the rendering, four, maybe 5 stories if you count the part that says tenant on it.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

It looks like the arch in the back of the rendering might make it 6, possibly?
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Omahanerd
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omahanerd »

This just adds more office space to the burbs which is in direct correlated to the amount of time until there is enough tenant demand to develop downtown. :hammer:
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I swear the more I look at it, the more the unnecessary 'e' bothers me.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:
OmahaOmaha wrote:The building doesn't look six stories tall.
Thats what I was thinking.  From the rendering, four, maybe 5 stories if you count the part that says tenant on it.
Its what loopnet said

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16865424 ... -Omaha-NE/
Welcome to California Pointe, Omaha' s next distinctive Class A office building located on the last great parcel of land in the prestigious Bank of the West Business Park. This six story, 100,000 square foot Build-to-Suit opportunity offers a tenant the ability to be the sole or lead occupant. Incredible location, signage, and visibility along West Dodge Road.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I would trust loop net over that rendering. No offense to whoever did the rendering, but its very poor. The perspective of the rendering is totally different than the perspective of the photo. I am guessing the first two floors are hidden behind the ground in the rendering.
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

Brad wrote:I would trust loop net over that rendering.  No offense to whoever did the rendering, but its very poor.  The perspective of the rendering is totally different than the perspective of the photo.  I am guessing the first two floors are hidden behind the ground in the rendering.
Brad that is my guess. The red part in the basement might be a floor, while the arch in the back might be another?
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

Drove by and they have a sign with rendering next to the for sale sign. Looks to be a curved design will look great in that location!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

guitarguy wrote:Drove by and they have a sign with rendering next to the for sale sign. Looks to be a curved design will look great in that location!

LoopNet page was updated in March.
Rebar Estimator
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Rebar Estimator »

How does one search loopnet for upcoming projects?
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

I generally look for properties for future lease with at least 100,000 sf of space available. This will get you the bigger 'build to suit' stuff... albeit often pie in the sky.

11010 Blondo

2951 Farnam

130th and Pacific
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh darn. They changed the design? I don't mind the new design, but I like the older one better. I swear, since Omaha doesn't usually demand large suburban office buildings, there seems to be a trend to put in these sharp, high-tech, "mini White Castle burger" office buildings (or "ring box" office buildings) -- hung heavy with architectural bells & whistles (that really belong featured in their glory on bigger & bulkier structures). It especially looks that way on West Dodge from 168th west to me. Not crazy about it...if my $.02 means anything.

I do love that design at 130th & Pacific. That area has really sharp, new buildings.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
swinquest
Home Owners Association

Post by swinquest »

Does anyone know what business will be moving in to the location at 132nd and Dodge? They have equipment there now.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

swinquest wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am Does anyone know what business will be moving in to the location at 132nd and Dodge? They have equipment there now.
All 5 floors are still for rent, so unless there is an unknown handshake agreement there are no known tenants so far.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

New rendering looks sharp.

Looks like https://www.bridgestrust.com/ moving from Regency to here.

Found at the developer's site.

https://www.mcneilcompany.com/project/c ... ore-shell/
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am New rendering looks sharp.

Looks like https://www.bridgestrust.com/ moving from Regency to here.

Found at the developer's site.

https://www.mcneilcompany.com/project/c ... ore-shell/
Nice find. I like the incorporation of the balcony/deck into the design. Should be a good fit and stand out off Dodge with the all-glass design.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Oh my gosh... I absolutely love it. What a sharp design. That was enough to "wake me from the dead" on a Monday morning. (By the way, I hope they expand West Dodge Road to 8 lanes eventually... )
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
obvious2677
Library Board

Post by obvious2677 »

RockHarbor wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 pmBy the way, I hope they expand West Dodge Road to 8 lanes eventually...
When the "expressway" was built, HDR proposed a 4-lane highway. NDOR balked at the cost. To bump this out another lane, you're basically getting rid of the full-width shoulder (limiting it to inside or outside only), which would cause issues when there are accidents - which were at least once a week when I used to take Dodge multiple times a day.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

obvious2677 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 am
RockHarbor wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 pmBy the way, I hope they expand West Dodge Road to 8 lanes eventually...
When the "expressway" was built, HDR proposed a 4-lane highway. NDOR balked at the cost. To bump this out another lane, you're basically getting rid of the full-width shoulder (limiting it to inside or outside only), which would cause issues when there are accidents - which were at least once a week when I used to take Dodge multiple times a day.
I figured it had to do with something like that. However, it already needs another lane. It also feels like a "street turned into a freeway" from about 125th to 168th to me -- which it is. I guess I cant expect it to feel like 1-80. For some reason, even with I-680 being 8 lanes south of Dodge, it doesnt feel like a big & wide freeway around that S-curve still to me...
obvious2677
Library Board

Post by obvious2677 »

RockHarbor wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:36 pm
obvious2677 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 am
However, it already needs another lane.
It needed the fourth lane when it was built. I don't think adding a lane is the right solution now. It only kicks the can down the road a bit. I believe we need to find another transportation method to navigate from major intersections on Dodge (120/132/144/156/168/180/192) to elsewhere (primarily major shopping centers). Honestly, it'll never happen - but an elevated light rail system with large parking structures at every mile would be stellar. It'd be very, very costly though (~$100 million/mile).
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Stargazer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 pm I generally look for properties for future lease with at least 100,000 sf of space available. This will get you the bigger 'build to suit' stuff... albeit often pie in the sky.

130th and Pacific
I guess this is the LinkedIn Buildings but now with an extra floor on each building.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Joe_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am
Stargazer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 pm I generally look for properties for future lease with at least 100,000 sf of space available. This will get you the bigger 'build to suit' stuff... albeit often pie in the sky.

130th and Pacific
I guess this is the LinkedIn Buildings but now with an extra floor on each building.
Nice find. So, it should be right behind or south of the Jetlinx/Lineage building.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Frontier Bank taking just under 18K square feet here.
yman97
Home Owners Association

Post by yman97 »

Here's a picture of the site I took from work yesterday.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Wow, I love those, too. That whole area really is filling up with neat, sharp buildings. I do miss that excitement in Omaha with new construction, and all the orderly streets & neighborhoods, sprawled out on a large grid.

I almost feel like cities in the Midwest get the neatest, sharpest, high-tech-looking buildings, in a way. I think its because they aren't restrained by the elements that mold architecture in western cities, and cities along the ocean. (For example, western cities can't really sport very fanciful, embellished buildings well. Buildings in some oceanside cities, like Miami, have to be reinforced for hurricane-strength winds, so they aren't always very delicate, light & airy looking. That type of thing.)
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

The steel is starting to rise on this. Looks good. I like how close it sits to Dodge and it seems to be on a hill so it almost looks a little taller than 6 floors.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Cermak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 pm The steel is starting to rise on this. Looks good. I like how close it sits to Dodge and it seems to be on a hill so it almost looks a little taller than 6 floors.
So excited! The West Dodge Corridor just keeps getting more & more beautiful.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Cermak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 pm The steel is starting to rise on this. Looks good. I like how close it sits to Dodge and it seems to be on a hill so it almost looks a little taller than 6 floors.
it definitely benefits from being on higher ground when looking at it from Dodge. Anyway, this has been topped out, steel framing wise. I saw the ceremonial tree and flag placed on the top floor a few days ago.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Right, I noticed it’s topped off as well. With the ceremonial Evergreen tree at the top. It does benefit from being on a hill. This is Omaha’s best looking suburban office park. I’ve always liked the Bank of the West building just to the west of this. And the Valmont building is one of suburban Omaha’s best. I hope the new Kiewit building Downtown looks as good as the Valmont industries building.
Last edited by Cermak on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That is not a Christmas tree.
Cermak
Parks & Recreation

Post by Cermak »

Your right, I just removed it. Evergreen tree..
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

ita wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:03 pm
it definitely benefits from being on higher ground when looking at it from Dodge. Anyway, this has been topped out, steel framing wise. I saw the ceremonial tree and flag placed on the top floor a few days ago.
Can anybody show pics? This is the best suburban skyline in Omaha, and it is getting better. Ive waited on this proposed "California Pointe" for years. It sounds like it looks really neat & big looking west from 125th & Dodge.

That 90-degree turning of deeper, darker (or maybe lighter) indented strips in a building's facade of glass (almost like creating rigid pathways making occasional right or left or up or down 90-degree turns, like on a PacMan arcade game) is very popular right now in architecture. Glad Omaha is getting an example...

This is already posted here, but a big version of it: https://hollandbasham.com/wp-content/up ... 6-1017.jpg