Loveland Centre (90th and Center)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Re: 90th and Center Discussion

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice. I saw them moving the lift from that front side either Thursday or Friday morning. I was trying to get there to take photo but its been crazy around our house this week...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Looks like part of the interior floor has been poured and they are working on the parking lot now. Exterior brick is mostly, if not all done.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Wow, they might start on the inside soon after 2 years... :shrug:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Wow, they might start on the inside soon after 2 years...  :shrug:
Not sure, but there is not a single window or door in there yet...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Yeah, doors would help with those copper thieves.
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

Apparently some giant Slushy restaurant is going in here.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

lmdramos wrote:Apparently some giant Slushy restaurant is going in here.
I heard that as well. A juice/froyo type place.

This has got to be one of the slowest construction projects I have ever seen. Yet, on the plus side, they have wrapped the nice brick exterior around 100% of the building, top to bottom. I really wish the city would have required that in the Old Market projects.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

From the Wrold Herald:
Loveland Centre: The developer, Slosburg Co., declined to say when the 44,000-square-foot shopping center at 90th Street and West Center Road would be completed. Slosburg broke ground on the project about a year ago, predicting it would be open by the first quarter of this year. Expectations now are the center will open this fall, local brokers say.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

They paved a little part of the parking lot last week or two weeks ago and then nothing since...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

First tenants: Bookworm, and Pure Barre.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, the bookworm is leaving Countryside Village?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

It doesn't sound like its a done deal...

The Bookworm weighs move from Countryside Village to new Loveland development

http://www.omaha.com/money/the-bookworm ... 69bf5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janice Podsada and Paige Yowell / World-Herald staff writers wrote:The Bookworm, a draw at Countryside Village for 15 years, is considering relocating to the Loveland Centre project under development at 90th Street and West Center Road by Slosburg Co.

“We have talked to them and we are in communication with them,” Bookworm co-owner Beth Black said.

Black said she and husband Phillip, who have owned the bookstore for 28 years, also have had contact with other developments. “We have nothing to announce,” she said.
From the same article
Janice Podsada and Paige Yowell / World-Herald staff writers wrote:Pure Barre, a new-to-Omaha fitness chain that focuses on pilates, yoga and ballet, hopes to open a nearly 1,800-square-foot studio at Loveland Centre by mid-September, local owner Kristen Papenfuss said Wednesday. Gibraltar Construction also is listed as the contractor.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

One other aspect of this article is another voice from Countryside that is not trusting management and their rising rental rates...
Al Buterol
Home Owners Association

Post by Al Buterol »

Coyote wrote:One other aspect of this article is another voice from Countryside that is not trusting management and their rising rental rates...
I really like the Countryside location. So many open storefronts now. Dilapidated structures and high rents; how long until it is sold, demo'd, and rebooted?
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Slowly making progress on this construction.

Parking lot is almost fully poured. Just the far north section left (and maybe a small piece on the Center frontage). Also, glass has started going up, enclosing several of the storefronts. They also appear to have scaffolding back up to put whatever the cladding will be on the angled "cap" above the brickwork, where it meets the roof.

There finally seems to be a little bit of urgency here, with leases potentially being signed, as there as been a flurry of activity with workers there for extended hours some days.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Looks like its a done deal now, the Bookworm is pulling out of Countryside Village and moving to Loveland. Pure Barre is the only other known tenant so far, still waiting for a restaurant to announce its arrival...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

‘Last move’ for Bookworm: Store’s move to 90th, West Center mall leaves Countryside feeling ‘ambushed’

http://www.omaha.com/money/last-move-fo ... 43c9c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Janice Podsada / World-Herald staff writer wrote:The Bookworm, one of Omaha’s best-known independent bookstores, will vacate the corner store it has occupied at Countryside Village for 15 years and relocate just over a mile away to Loveland Centre, a new shopping center under development by Slosburg Co. at 90th Street and West Center Road.
Jason4225
Home Owners Association

Post by Jason4225 »

I am very excited for this. I live just between this location and 1/2 Price Books and make a trip there around once per week. This development has been dragging for so long it is nice to finally see some sort of progress.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The owners of Countryside Village wouldn't feel "ambushed" if they regularly took the pulse of their tenants, and, recognizing that there was new competition in the neighborhood, negotiated leases designed to keep existing tenants and lure new ones.
It is sad to see "The Village" suffer as it has the past few years, but I am excited to see the opportunity for new retail and restaurants in the Westside neighborhood.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Did somebody say Sushi?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Did somebody say Sushi?
Usually when you post something very vague like that, I can find it in the OWH or you heard it on Grow Omaha. Since I don't see it in the paper and I missed Grow Omaha, do you have any more details for us?
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

Brad, Trenton mentioned this morning that a sushi place was looking to go in, didn't mention who. Beals replied he likes sushi. Good to know
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

debradomayer wrote:Brad, Trenton mentioned this morning that a sushi place was looking to go in, didn't mention who. Beals replied he likes sushi. Good to know
I don't know if he said a sushi place was looking to go in there, I though he just said a sushi place would get nice there.

I think it was his way of not saying he knew something.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

That would be great. But even if a good Thai or pizza restaurant (or both) opened in there I would be thrilled. I don't see Señor Matias being resurrected, however.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Chatching up on the pod cast of Grow Omaha.

They also announced last week that Smoothie King was going in here. http://www.smoothieking.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

nativeomahan wrote:That would be great.  But even if a good Thai or pizza restaurant (or both) opened in there I would be thrilled.  I don't see Señor Matias being resurrected, however.
Certainly not going to be a Senor Matias, unless they sell the name off to someone else. We know the family. The wife has passed away, and the husband is in his late 80's in a nursing home. Rest of the family has no desire to be in the restaurant business, although most still live here in town.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

So, Bookworm is scheduled to open next week (Oct 1), and this place is anything but ready. Exterior stone work isn't complete (still putting up the limestone cap), no parking lot lights, no spaces painted, no signage, heck they were even still pouring parking lot concrete earlier this week.

The store might be ready to open, but the shopping center around it is still in disarray, and will be a construction zone for the foreseeable future...
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Ben wrote:So, Bookworm is scheduled to open next week (Oct 1), and this place is anything but ready.  Exterior stone work isn't complete (still putting up the limestone cap), no parking lot lights, no spaces painted, no signage, heck they were even still pouring parking lot concrete earlier this week.

The store might be ready to open, but the shopping center around it is still in disarray, and will be a construction zone for the foreseeable future...

Agreed
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Lol, I took that. I thought I posted it on here but apparently I forgot.

Jeff also mentioned in the Grow Omaha Min that besides the Bookworm and Smoothie King, there will also be a Fashon Cleaners and a Boutique store, but I don't remember the name of it.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I guess that the only way this strip mall will ever get finished is for stores to sign leases and have firm opening dates. The rest of the mall is weeks or more likely months away from being completed.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

A hearing aid place took a small space in this shopping center. Scheduled to open Jan 1. Can't remember where I saw the announcement...

While I'm glad the place is slowly filling up, this certainly isn't turning out to be the "lifestyle center" that they had talked about when pitching this project. Still holding out hope for a decent restaurant.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Ben wrote:A hearing aid place took a small space in this shopping center.  Scheduled to open Jan 1.  Can't remember where I saw the announcement...
http://www.omaha.com/money/blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Long Dog Fat Cat?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Long Dog Fat Cat?
I can usually decode or at least Google search your cryptic posts, but I am drawing a blank on this one. Usually I start with the OWH, but I didn't find anything there. Checked Social media (to an extent) and didn't see anything there. Checked the local media websites and didn't see anything there.

So do you have more details? This official or did you hear it from someone? Are they opening a second location or moving the Village Point location?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:
Coyote wrote:Long Dog Fat Cat?
I can usually decode or at least Google search your cryptic posts, but I am drawing a blank on this one.

Lol. Don't know if they are 'moving' but this Pet Store will be in this project.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Market Basket leaving Countryside Village for here.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:Market Basket leaving Countryside Village for here.
Whoa. That will be a huge loss for Countryside... Huge gain for here though.