85th and Cass Office

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

85th and Cass Office

Post by iamjacobm »

Seth
Parks & Recreation

Re: 85th and Cass Office

Post by Seth »

Looks like a perfect use for that property. There's just one small ranch-style house on that parcel right now.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Seth wrote:Looks like a perfect use for that property.  There's just one small ranch-style house on that parcel right now.
Totally agree. Cass could see a lot of redevelopment over the next few years with crossroads about to take off. Could be a nice corridor with offices and apartments instead of some of the dumpy buildings it has now.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used. I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd. How beautiful would that be?

With this office being built, I wonder if that all-window house on the corner will be torn down?
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

Busguy2010 wrote:I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used.  I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd.  How beautiful would that be?

With this office being built, I wonder if that all-window house on the corner will be torn down?
From the outside, the blinds look all disheveled and it looks messy. Kind of a shame for a unique looking house.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

RNcyanide wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:I live in that area and I've always thought the houses that face Cass between 85th and 76th could easily be bought out and the land be better used.  I could totally see row houses between 85th and 83rd.  How beautiful would that be?

From the outside, the blinds look all disheveled and it looks messy. Kind of a shame for a unique looking house.
The Google Streetview also still shows a giant 1980's satellite dish on top of it. Clearly they're behind in a few things beyond dusting the shades.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/major-commer ... f714c.html
Cindy Gonzalez OWH wrote:Construction is expected in midyear, says Lanoha Development, on a 30,000-square-foot office building near 85th and Cass Streets.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.livewellnebraska.com/health/ ... 1b3e8.html
A two-story office building set to rise at 85th and Cass Streets will join an existing “sibling” structure next door to create an administrative-services campus for Children’s Hospital & Medical Center.

Lanoha Development has started ground work for the new 30,000-square-foot structure to be built on land previously occupied by two homes and a vacant lot.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The steel looks to be done here.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

That turned out better than the original plan, and looks to match the building to the west.