10%

Total votes: 10

omadweller
Home Owners Association

Warlick intersection

Post by omadweller »

Warlick intersection could get an elevated roundabout

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt- ... f3421.html

I've never seen an elevated roundabout before, but it kind of seems fun.  The article says it would be the cheapest of the designs.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Warlick intersection

Post by iamjacobm »

They picked the elevated option.

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Looks like something Texas would build but on s smaller scale of course.
15-17, 26, 32
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

That is cool! It would be fun to close off the streets occasionally and have a concert there. We need one of those too.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

GetUrban wrote:That is cool! It would be fun to close off the streets occasionally and have a concert there. We need one of those too.
A bigger and better one. :D
15-17, 26, 32
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

That looks awesome. Are there any newer articles on it?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:That looks awesome. Are there any newer articles on it?
That's the latest
cg_8
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cg_8 »

The plan seems incredibly stupid for the amount of money needed to do this and what we get out of it.

Firstly, it looks great, and I am all for creating a stronger and more vibrant built environment, but they beautified an intersection that no walking pedestrians cross. There's a bike trail with a bridge a block away.

The biggest thing that gets me is this:

They close Old Cheney west of Warlick.

What's the point of doing all that work, and spending all that money if Old Cheney is closed?

You can fix the traffic problems by just closing Old Cheney now, without spending a ton of money. Problem solved.

If they are going to go with this plan, they need to figure out a way to keep Old Cheney open. To me, that's he whole point of this exercise.
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

cg_8 wrote:The plan seems incredibly stupid for the amount of money needed to do this and what we get out of it.

Firstly, it looks great, and I am all for creating a stronger and more vibrant built environment, but they beautified an intersection that no walking pedestrians cross. There's a bike trail with a bridge a block away.

The biggest thing that gets me is this:

They close Old Cheney west of Warlick.

What's the point of doing all that work, and spending all that money if Old Cheney is closed?

You can fix the traffic problems by just closing Old Cheney now, without spending a ton of money. Problem solved.

If they are going to go with this plan, they need to figure out a way to keep Old Cheney open. To me, that's he whole point of this exercise.
In the article you can see that they move the Old Cheney connection further west on Warlick. Looks like it connects directly west of that church with a diagonal road.
cg_8
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cg_8 »

Ahh, I do see that in the actual plan. I'd only previously seen this article and images on mobile, and that pdf of the plan is not on mobile.

It still seems like incredible overkill. Things got insanely better at that intersection when 14th southbound was turned into 2 lanes, and they turned that stop sign into a yield sign. Additionally, they turned northbound Warlick into 1 lane after Old Cheney. After those tweaks, I have found myself taking that way a lot, as opposed to completely avoiding it as I did previously.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems incredible overkill.
Steve
Home Owners Association

Post by Steve »

cg_8 wrote:Ahh, I do see that in the actual plan. I'd only previously seen this article and images on mobile, and that pdf of the plan is not on mobile.

It still seems like incredible overkill. Things got insanely better at that intersection when 14th southbound was turned into 2 lanes, and they turned that stop sign into a yield sign. Additionally, they turned northbound Warlick into 1 lane after Old Cheney. After those tweaks, I have found myself taking that way a lot, as opposed to completely avoiding it as I did previously.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems incredible overkill.

As an FYI in case you're not aware but Old Cheney is scheduled to be closed at the Highway 77 intersection by the NDOR. I would assume it will happen when this roundabout is finished. NDOR has always wanted limited access to the 77 bypass and they planned awhile back to have a bridge at the Pioneers Blvd. intersection. (like at Rosa Parks) Old Cheney traffic would be sent to Warlick.