Fresh Thyme

News and releases from metro area businesses

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Fresh Thyme

Post by Coyote »

Fresh Thyme is looking to enter the Omaha market.
At Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets we believe you shouldn’t have to give away the farm to feed your body nutritious food. We’re on a mission to improve the way our communities eat by offering fresh and healthy food at amazing values -all in a vibrant and fun shopping environment, with smiling friendly faces. Our stores don’t follow traditional grocery store design, nor do they have tall aisles or glitzy fixtures. In fact, our stores are so simple and easy to navigate that we don’t number our aisles or hand out store maps. We believe shopping for fresh and healthy food should be easy and enjoyable.

The foundation of healthy eating is often based on incorporating more fresh fruits and vegetables in our diets. Therefore, at the core of our offerings is an abundant produce department, overflowing with fruits and vegetables, fresh from the farm, often locally grown and much of it organic. We’re so passionate about produce that we’ve made it the nucleus of the store, ensuring the bounty of fruits and vegetables is visible from all other departments.

Surrounding the produce department you’ll find:

Natural meat, raised without hormones
Seafood flown in daily
Hearty breads and delicious treats from local artisan bakeries and hot out of our ovens
Healthy meals made in our kitchens which are ready to eat on the run
Barrels full of natural and organic bulk foods
Locally roasted organic coffee beans
Aisles of nutritious and delicious groceries
Earth-friendly cleaning supplies
Specialty foods
Gluten-free and dairy-free options
Plus a whole department filled with vitamins, supplements and pure body care products.
We’ve combined the spirit of a weekend farmers market, and the convenience of a neighborhood store, with the nutritious offerings of a natural food marketplace to create a NEW and healthy shopping experience in the Midwest, which will nourish your body while your pocket book prospers.

As you shop our stores you’ll find yourself on an adventure that will take you back to the good ol’ days when food was pure, simple, nutritious and delicious.

We think you’ll enjoy our FRESH food at refreshingly LOW prices!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Re: Fresh Thyme

Post by MadMartin8 »

Sounds like another version of Whole Foods.
No posts exist for this topic
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I believe its a Midwest grocer
lmdramos
Library Board

Post by lmdramos »

Opening in Crossroads Village.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like a solid concept.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Don't write out your grocery list just yet. At least another 2 and a half years out.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

5 grocery stores new to Omaha will focus on fresh produce and meats
Barbara Soderlin - World-Herald staff writer wrote:Fresh Thyme Farmers Market will open a store at 132nd Street and West Center Road this fall, and is scouting locations in the Lakeside area of west Omaha and in Papillion, Chief Executive Chris Sherrell told The World-Herald.
Fresh Thyme previously announced plans for two other area stores. One is set to open this spring, at the West Grayhawk commercial development at 150th Avenue and West Maple Road, and another would be part of the planned Crossroads Village redevelopment at 72nd and Dodge Streets. A Lincoln store is on track to open in early 2016 at 52nd and O Streets.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

Fresh Thyme Farmers Market will open a store at 132nd Street and West Center Road this fall, and is scouting locations in the Lakeside area of west Omaha and ...
Any guesses where a 30,000 ft. sq. building plus parking could go in the "Lakeside area" ?

There are a few empty lots around the hospital, but Alegent owns them and probably won't give them up.

The existing Natural Grocers (south of Center) is too small, that whole building is only 20K ft. sq.

There is an empty lot in Legacy by a Doctors office, but it is only 1 acre which doesn't leave much for parking, but would be a good location for a small grocery.

Possibly out west further, 192'nd and Center by Laslo's with "Lakeside area" being a red herring ?
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

There's that circular lot in front of the Hampton Inn. It'd be interesting to see them build something contours to that.

They may want to reconsider Lakeside altogether. There's already a Bakers, SuperTarget, Walmart SuperCenter and that natural foods grocer within a mile of each other. Perhaps that semi-developed shopping center northwest of 168th and Pacific would make a better candidate.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I wonder where they might build in Papillion? Probably by Sam's Club.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

On the grow Omaha they mentioned they had decided on a location near bakers on 175th and center. I am assuming it's at the circular lot by the Hampton Inn. Not sure where else it would go.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

bfcmoose wrote:On the grow Omaha they mentioned they had decided on a location near bakers on 175th and center. I am assuming it's at the circular lot by the Hampton Inn. Not sure where else it would go.
I listened to that comment from the GrowOmaha archives, I think the official word was still only the "Lakeside Area" and Trenton added the 175th specificity.

The circular lot by the Hampton Inn would be cool, but that area has **horrible** access. Some major access changes would be needed for semi-tractor trailers to easily come and go. Though I could imagine building an old style octagon barn building with big glass cupola at the top would make a signature Fresh Thyme farmers market there and would fit the round lot like a bullseye.
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

Confirmed with a source at the city that is the spot they are after. Pending approval they will start construction this spring looks like.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

bfcmoose wrote:Confirmed with a source at the city that is the spot they are after. Pending approval they will start construction this spring looks like.
The circular lot next to the Hamton?
bfcmoose
New to the Neighborhood

Post by bfcmoose »

yes the circular lot. It will be interesting to see how they all make it work. Could be neat, could be a disaster.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Trebuchet LLC (Robert Hancock & Co Property Management) bought this property (17510 Gold Plaza) in Sept of 2014 for $545k after being evaluated at $1.36m the previous year.

SDG Omaha, LLC (Timothy DeGeorge) December 2, 2015 DISPOSITION: APPROVAL 7-0. Approval of the Major Amendment to the Tivoli Mixed Use District Development Agreement subject to the applicant submitting an acceptable final amended Mixed Use District Development Agreement prior to forwarding the request to the City Council for final action.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (175.86 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

What's across the street in the old Fox and Hound? Isn't that a Fresh Thyme?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:What's across the street in the old Fox and Hound? Isn't that a Fresh Thyme?
You mean Natural Grocers?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Oh, may be. Never been. Just knew one of these "new" stores was out there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:Oh, may be. Never been. Just knew one of these "new" stores was out there.
Yeah, Natural Grocers, but they really aren't new to the market...
And Fresh Thyme hasn't actually opened in our market yet...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

That will be a good use of that space.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

My wife and I shopped at the 150th and Maple location today, an absolutely wonderful addition to our market.

A real butcher shop, large selection of fresh fruit and veggies, good prices. IMHO the perfect size of store. Of course it was packed for opening week with it's 6 checkout lanes, but things will settle down to normal.

And a big Holstein cow out front. :-)

Can't wait the the Lakeside location to open in early 2017.

Health-focused Fresh Thyme – now open on West Maple – plans to be a ‘game changer’
http://www.omaha.com/money/health-focus ... db217.html
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I was really impressed too. I don't think the butcher area compares to Fareway though (seemed really light on steaks if any). They had some great specials, hopefully those just aren't for grand opening. I will be shopping here weekly.

Greg
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Tivoli 'infield' fenced off, grading happening.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Stargazer wrote:Tivoli 'infield' fenced off, grading happening.
Wow, I was just out there the other day photographing that new law office and there was nothing started.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Fresh Thyme is a nice addition to the city's diverse grocery offerings. It seems to be a big hit. I very much enjoyed my recent visit.
KKS890
New to the Neighborhood

Post by KKS890 »

What is the story with the location on 132nd and Center? The signage has been up for a while now but I cannot find any concrete information on an opening.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

KKS890 wrote:What is the story with the location on 132nd and Center? The signage has been up for a while now but I cannot find any concrete information on an opening.
Looks like they were doing a full remodel inside. Saw construction lights last time I looked in.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I was told by employees at the Maple location that the Baker's Square store will open mid winter.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

KKS890 wrote:What is the story with the location on 132nd and Center? The signage has been up for a while now but I cannot find any concrete information on an opening.
From the OWH link I posted in this thread:
"Two other west Omaha stores are set: Locations will open shortly after the new year — maybe as soon as January — at 132nd Street and West Center Road, and near 175th Street and West Center Road in the Lakeside area"
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update from the Baker Square (132 & Center) Location:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Just wow! I hope the inside is as remodeled.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Just wow! I hope the inside is as remodeled.
The inside is gutted.

I took these last Thursday night, since then they have stripped the rocks off the columns and also started removing that wave across the top.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Coyote wrote:Just wow! I hope the inside is as remodeled.
Me too. The putrid color scheme that Bag & Gag went with probably contributed to their demise here.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nativeomahan wrote:The putrid color scheme that Bag & Gag went with probably contributed to their demise here.
The whole shopping center is that color scheme... Also, this was a no frills.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

If the Fresh Thyme stores average 30,000 square feet, and the old Bakers/No Thrills grocery in Bakers Square was over 60,000 sq. feet in size, I wonder what will go into the other half of the building site?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Never posted these, from August of the Tivoli Fresh Thyme Farmers Market

nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I was told today by an employee of the store on West Maple that the Center street stores should open in February.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Fresh Thyme will add two more stores in Omaha next month

http://www.omaha.com/money/fresh-thyme- ... 545dc.html
By Barbara Soderlin / World-Herald staff writer wrote:Fresh Thyme grocery stores will triple their footprints in Omaha with the Feb. 22 opening of two new stores focused on natural and organic foods.

The west Omaha stores are part of the Chicago-area grocer’s push to expand quickly throughout the Midwest. The chain has 48 stores now, including one that opened last summer along West Maple Road and another in Lincoln.

The company said it expects to have a total of 70 stores by the end of 2017. A Grand Island store could be in the works in 2018, and another is expected to be part of Omaha’s Crossroads redevelopment at 72nd and Dodge Streets.