2016 Halftime Show

Humor and off topic conversation

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

2016 Halftime Show

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Just for fun who do you want to perform in the Super Bowl Halftime Show? It was leaked the NFL is looking closley at Britney Spears and Taylor Swift. Here are some I've come up with...

Fergie- She's amazing live and has lots of hits like Glamourous, Big Girls Don't Cry, and of cource Fergilicious!!!

No Doubt- Many people who grew up in the late 90s and early 2000s would love this! Maybe Gwen could sing some of her solo work too.

Britney Spears- One of the worlds largest if not THE largest pop star of the 21st century. She has more than enough hits to fill the whole show. Only down side is latley she's been using auto tune insted of singing, but who cares its Britney!!

Halsey- A rising star adored by teens she even opened for the Imagine Dragons in Omaha. Her fan base is mostly teenagers but her music would please anyones ears.

P.S. notice I skipped Taylor Swift I've had enough of her for a lifetime after this year. Please people find a diffrent artist to listen too! Sorry if I offended any Swift fans :?
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Coyote
City Council

Re: 2016 Halftime Show

Post by Coyote »

Of course all of NFL is looking at young girls... :P I vote Nickleback.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Yes!!!! I have no clue why everyone hates Nickleback.
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Coyote.... To think I looked up to you. :;):
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Garrett wrote:Coyote.... To think I looked up to you. :;):
Sorry bro., but Spotify has Nickleback as one of its best affairs!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Maybe Shinedown? :)
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Of course all of NFL is looking at young girls... :P I vote Nickleback.
I see what you did there!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Of course all of NFL is looking at young girls... :P I vote Nickleback.
I see what you did there!
:fruit:
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Oh god its Coldplay... kill me please.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote:Oh god its Coldplay... kill me please.
That's fine, I never like Superbowl halftime, longer wait for the game. For those who only watch football on the SB, I'm sure hearts are breaking.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Busguy2010 wrote:
That's fine, I never like Superbowl halftime, longer wait for the game. For those who only watch football on the SB, I'm sure hearts are breaking.
Halftime at the SB is a perfect time to use the facilities. Sounds like this year, it will be a good time to go heavy on fiber and greasy Mexican food in the first half.
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

bigredmed wrote:
Busguy2010 wrote:
Halftime at the SB is a perfect time to use the facilities. Sounds like this year, it will be a good time to go heavy on fiber and greasy Mexican food in the first half.
LOLZ, not a bad idea.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

And I thought Katy Perry was bad...
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yeah, tonight's show was horrible. Think they could have had something better for Super Bowl 50.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

This year seemed like things were over-produced. They just tried cramming too much stuff in there. I would much rather see one act done well.

Still, it always amazes me how they can get all set up and go within that one commercial break. Then how they can tear it all down and clean it all up for the second half.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Metallica is from the Bay area. They were not invited to do the show in favor of retreads of Coldplay's hit and Beyonce and Bruno Mars. Mars could have done the whole show in an entertaining way. Metallica could have been legendary. We won't know because the NFL didn't ask them. Apparently, now with some regret.

They had a review of the acts from the past 50 Superbowls and not a single country act was in the list of people they highlighted. I am surprised that in 50 bleeping years (and 50 of the best years in Country), the NFL couldn't find one act in all that time. Interesting.

Apparently Metallica took their snub and put on a show on Saturday that raged and blew out the Superbowl pregame events. True talent will be heard.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I agree, Metallica would have been awesome. I didn't realize they were from the bay area, but that show would have blown the Superbowl one out of the water.

I like this quote from their Saturday concert at AT&T Park (home of the SF Giants):
According to Peter Hartlaub, the San Francisco Chronicle‘s pop culture critic, the iconic American band offered two heartfelt speeches which addressed the Super Bowl snub with singer/guitarist James Hetfield saying “I think it all works out for a reason. We got to play a whole show … and one more thing I’d like to say is GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME THAT WHICH I DESIRE!”

Torches of fire burst sky-high and images of dancing flames on several screens lit up the stage
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omababe wrote:This year seemed like things were over-produced. They just tried cramming too much stuff in there. I would much rather see one act done well.
Probably so you forget you are listening to cold play. Put a million bucks in to pyro and lights to distract you...
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

I too would have rather watched Bruno the whole time. My issue was the audio seemed funky. The singing seemed too drowned by the rest of what was going on.
Spatial77
Home Owners Association

Post by Spatial77 »

My general feeling of this halftime show was a major train wreck. I guess that is the risk you take when you try to be all things to all people. I am surprised that they didn't tie in Super Bowl 50 with the 50th anniversary of Up With People :;): Looking at the Wiki page on Super Bowl halftime shows reminded me of how many wretched "entertainment" events there have been.
"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." -- Niels Bohr
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Huh.. well I thought the Half Time Show was okay. Granted I don't generally care for halftime shows. To me they're useless filler like the musical guest on SNL. I'd rather see 20 more minutes of expensive commercials.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

After seeing Lady Gaga sing the national anthem I think she could do it. After all she is releasing a new album this year.