Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene (mp3 posts)

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:01 pm

nativeomahan wrote:I would MUCH rather have Lincoln's Honest Abe's open in Omaha. Benson would be perfect.


Since NativeOmahan (and others) gave it his thumb up, I had to try the place out today while I was in Lincoln...

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby daveoma » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:49 pm

The fries look delicious!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:12 pm

daveoma wrote:The fries look delicious!

Excuse me, but those are Parmesan Truffle Fries... :yes:
Image

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 8907
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby iamjacobm » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:16 pm

This is one thing I really wish Omaha had, a local quick service burger place. I have been to similar places in Austin, Dallas, Lawrence, KC, Denver ect that aren't huge chains. Hope someone opens this type of concept here.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby Coyote » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:43 pm

iamjacobm wrote:This is one thing I really wish Omaha had, a local quick service burger place. I have been to similar places in Austin, Dallas, Lawrence, KC, Denver ect that aren't huge chains. Hope someone opens this type of concept here.


Honest Abe's is on 70th & Vine, in an Ace Harware plaza. Kind of out of the way, unless you know Lincoln well enough. The same is true for Omaha's favorite burger joints, Dinkers, Louie M's, Stella's... If only we could get one in a destination district, Benson, Dundee, Blackstone, or MTC, AV...
Image

daveoma
Human Relations
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby daveoma » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:34 am

Coyote wrote:
daveoma wrote:The fries look delicious!

Excuse me, but those are Parmesan Truffle Fries... :yes:

:thumb:

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby Coyote » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am

Honest Abe's at the South end of an Ace Hardware strip mall, hidden behind a Phillips 66..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.66 KiB) Viewed 643 times


I had no idea Abe Lincoln had such passion over his burgers.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (86.61 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Image

CapitalGuy
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:32 am
Location: Lincoln, NE

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby CapitalGuy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 am

Coyote, I feel bad to have to tell you this, but you probably drove within a block of the Downtown Honest Abe's location on 14th between O and P on your way to and from the new Hudl HQ. There are now TWO locations of Honest Abe's.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 20733
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby Coyote » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:11 pm

CapitalGuy wrote:Coyote, I feel bad to have to tell you this, but you probably drove within a block of the Downtown Honest Abe's location on 14th between O and P on your way to and from the new Hudl HQ. There are now TWO locations of Honest Abe's.


Yeah, it wasn't until I checked in on Yelp that I found out that there was a second one. I was even closer at my first Lincoln stop of the day - Ploughshares Brewing...
Image

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby nebugeater » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Honest Abe's announced on there Facebook page earlier today that a third Lincoln location is coming.

Location identified as North 27th street.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

BPHusker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:52 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Honest Abe's (Lincoln)

Postby BPHusker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 am

nebugeater wrote:Honest Abe's announced on there Facebook page earlier today that a third Lincoln location is coming.

Location identified as North 27th street.

Wish they would open one in Omaha too!


Return to “Dining/Culture/Entertainment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest