Highline 2.0

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mattl181
Home Owners Association

Re: Highline 2.0

Post by mattl181 »

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, and I couldn't find a topic for the specific building, but while down checking out the progress of Highline 2.0, I noticed that the AT&T Building got a new logo on the previously brown, barren and windowless side. There is also scaffolding all the way around the building. I am hoping against hope they are taking off the brown cladding around the lower portions of the building, but that is probably wishful thinking. Admins: please move this to the correct topic if we have one.
Attachments
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg (235.93 KiB) Viewed 3571 times
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I have a friend that works there, we were talking about this yesterday.

They are putting up the CenturyLink sign they took off the World Herald Building. The building is suppose to be getting all new windows over the next couple years and I think the scaffolding is safety measure because they are going to be repairing some of the façade on the building that is having issues.
ShaneofCal
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ShaneofCal »

Nick808402 wrote:I moved in at the start of this month and I absolutely LOVE living here, even though construction wakes me up every morning.
Glad to know it's working out. Provide some updates on construction with pictures, if possible.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I think it's time for Highline 3.
15-17, 26, 32
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

MTO wrote:I think it's time for Highline 3.
With the pace NuStyle has been on these last few years I wouldn't be shocked to see a new proposal later this year.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

mattl181 wrote:I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, and I couldn't find a topic for the specific building, but while down checking out the progress of Highline 2.0, I noticed that the AT&T Building got a new logo on the previously brown, barren and windowless side. There is also scaffolding all the way around the building. I am hoping against hope they are taking off the brown cladding around the lower portions of the building, but that is probably wishful thinking. Admins: please move this to the correct topic if we have one.
This logo somehow looks oddly out of place in terms of scale. Is this the finished look?

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I noticed at the end of KETV's news tonight they showed the building and the sign is lit up.
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

mattl181 wrote:I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, and I couldn't find a topic for the specific building, but while down checking out the progress of Highline 2.0, I noticed that the AT&T Building got a new logo on the previously brown, barren and windowless side. There is also scaffolding all the way around the building. I am hoping against hope they are taking off the brown cladding around the lower portions of the building, but that is probably wishful thinking. Admins: please move this to the correct topic if we have one.
They just need to redo that whole side.
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Little off topic, but how long has that Century Link sign been there?
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Brad wrote:Little off topic, but how long has that Century Link sign been there?
A day. That was the point of my picture, I should have provided some context.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:
Brad wrote:Little off topic, but how long has that Century Link sign been there?
A day. That was the point of my picture, I should have provided some context.
Ok, thanks. I know that I am usually looking over at the highline when I drive by, but that sign is so huge I thought there was no was I had been missing that...
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:Image
So I've been wondering ever since I read this article if this is a so called "carrier hotel."
Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

Wow, that's actually an improvement.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

33 Thomas Street is a 550' Brutalist styled bigger brother to this in Manhattan. So do most cities have versions of these facilities?
15-17, 26, 32
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
So I've been wondering ever since I read this article if this is a so called "carrier hotel."
If you go by the building you can see that about half way up instead of windows there are vents. I am sure this is a major hub for Omaha.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

iamjacobm wrote:If you go by the building you can see that about half way up instead of windows there are vents. I am sure this is a major hub for Omaha.
I noticed that when I was walking downtown last weekend. Also there are security cameras all along the sidewalk. Definitely seems like it.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Did they move this sign from the Omaha world Herald building? The reason I ask is that site on the east side the building is now gone…
EricHaley
Human Relations

Post by EricHaley »

I posted about this building awhile back on the Forgotten Omaha Facebook group, asking why the ornate façade was removed. Someone replied that a city ordinance was passed that somehow restricted/taxed building overhangs, and that was the reason the façade was later removed. Could this be the same ordinance that resulted in the Juliette balconies in Highline 2.0?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Water in the Pool!

skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Looks great. Maybe they can build another one in the parking lot just to the east.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

It feels like every other day I see someone else moving in here. Looks to be doing well from the outside.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

The Highline 2.0 opened at the beginning of July. Rents for a one bedroom are advertised at $845 to $990. Two bed run $1440 to $1275.
Another project to move to the done list.

mistergutierrez
Home Owners Association

Post by mistergutierrez »

FYI NuStyle will host an Open House for their four properties (The Bank, The Highline, The Wire and The Slate) on February 22nd starting at 3:00pm. Pizza will be served at the end of the tour.