Sorensen Plaza (NE 60th & Sorensen)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

swinquest
Home Owners Association

Sorensen Plaza (NE 60th & Sorensen)

Post by swinquest »

Driving between 58th and 60th on Sorensen (which the gas station has been closed on the Northeast corner), I noticed that there have been a large number of trees cleared and are being prepared to be removed.

Anyone know what is going in here?
Uffda
County Board

Re: New Development at 59th & Sorensen??

Post by Uffda »

Yeah I noticed this the other day too. They did more or less a clear cutting of all the trees that were between the station (on left) and the building that OWH built (on right) and then quit using for their north deliveries.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.3186327 ... a=!3m1!1e3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
advcomp2019
Home Owners Association

Post by advcomp2019 »

I looked up the owner which is Sixty Sorensen LLC on Google and found lots of PDF's with a diagrams and premits. Looks like small strip malls near Sorensen and some type of housing near the back. I did not read everything tho.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SIXTY+SORENSEN+LLC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The owner of White Lotus was on Grow Omaha as Trenton's sidekick, but only caught a little about this. I think they are putting in a 15 acre strip mall there, they have at least one national tenant signed on.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Looking at some of those, I see Senior Housing and Convenience Storage units. Also a gas station which Sorensen Parkway could use and there are were also a couple of fast foods.
Jeff
New to the Neighborhood

Sorensen Pkwy - 56th - 60th

Post by Jeff »

Hey All -

I live up near Sorensen Parkway, and recently have noticed that they've cleared out hundreds of trees on the north side of the street, between 56th & 60th Streets. This is right across from that old shopping center where the Eagles Nest Church is now located.

They've cleared all the trees to probably 500 feet north of the street. Obviously, this is quite a project.

Any idea what's going on there? What's going to be built?
Coyote
City Council

Re: Sorensen Pkwy - 56th - 60th

Post by Coyote »

There is a conversation about it already going on at this thread : Re: New Development at 59th & Sorensen??
Jeff
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Sorensen Pkwy - 56th - 60th

Post by Jeff »

Sorry. How far back was that thread buried?

Mods - please feel free to delete this thread.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Senior housing, storage buildings and commercial/retail buildings.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Sorensen Place (NE 60th & Sorensen)

Post by Coyote »

I thought we had more posts on this development, I remember taking a pic after they graded this property... but now it is just a weed field, with only Family Dollar admitting they want in.

Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Kind of a tough location...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

$2M TIF for a "mixed-use development to include affordable housing, commercial/retail, a self-storage facility and a convenience store"
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Family Dollar? I'm not getting this rumor... Is a Family Dollar the first building here? Is there any infrastructure here yet?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Coyote wrote:Family Dollar? I'm not getting this rumor... Is a Family Dollar the first building here? Is there any infrastructure here yet?
I drive by there every day and it is just a big field of weeds. They tore apart the gas station and quickly rebuilt it; still, it remains closed. I don't know why they cut down all of those trees for nothing.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

choke wrote:
Coyote wrote:Family Dollar? I'm not getting this rumor... Is a Family Dollar the first building here? Is there any infrastructure here yet?
I drive by there every day and it is just a big field of weeds. They tore apart the gas station and quickly rebuilt it; still, it remains closed. I don't know why they cut down all of those trees for nothing.
Yeah I haven't figured out what is going on with that gas station. The pit in new pumps, new cement, redid the building AND that was all done months ago. Otherwise like choke posted a big field of weeds.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I noticed this morning as I went by that there was a construction trailer and earth mover next to a new driveway. Maybe something is finally happening there.

Meanwhile the gas station on the corner still hasn't opened.
FrankJones
New to the Neighborhood

Post by FrankJones »

Uffda wrote:I noticed this morning as I went by that there was a construction trailer and earth mover next to a new driveway. Maybe something is finally happening there.

Meanwhile the gas station on the corner still hasn't opened.
I too live in that area, and just noticed that - after a couple years of nothing happening - they're doing earthwork again. They're grading it down almost like it's going to be a small housing development going in there. Sure hope it's not a whole bunch of those Celebrity Homes!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

This area has turned into a huge dirt and gravel pit. First they seem to be leveling it off and then they built a couple huge hills of dirt and gravel coming from somewhere. I don't know if it supposed be totally level all the way back to the north edge from Sorenson.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Sorensen Plaza (NE 60th & Sorensen)

Post by Coyote »

Sorensen Plaza (formerly Sorensen Place) is being replatted tomorrow, so it looks like they might have some tenants in line.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (193.06 KiB) Viewed 4991 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Before the replat, here were the latest plans:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (152.66 KiB) Viewed 4885 times
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but across 56th St will be the Sorensen Apartments with 75 units.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Coyote wrote:Before the replat, here were the latest plans:
image.jpeg
I think all that is up right now is the dollar store building and it has been going up very very slowly
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

It's time for our 4 year checkup on this site. Any apartments above ground yet? Google needs to start a flyover by demand drone site.

GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Drove by there today and they were doing some grading and digging. Big sign said Ronco Construction.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Armor storage will begin putting in 7 storage buildings.
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

It appears that this site is about to open as 120 units now under the name Prairie Spring Apartments. Formerly Sorensen Residences and noted as senior housing, the current marketing entirely omits any reference to seniors or age limits so it now appears the senior element is no longer applicable. NIFA income guidelines are still in effect.
The property will contain 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments, a pool, clubhouse, in unit laundry, and elevators in all buildings.
Located at 60th & Sorensen, actual address is 5910 Newport Plaza, 5850 Bauman Plaza. Indications from marketing are that they will “open soon”, with references to October or November.
https://www.facebook.com/PrairieSpringAptsOmaha https://www.prairiespringapts.com/

Sorry no recent photos