Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

yellowcolumbia
Home Owners Association

Kros Strain Brewing Company - LaVista, NE

Post by yellowcolumbia »

Another score for La Vista. Kros Strain Brewing

From Facebook

We signed a Lease! Now we can finally answer the number one question we get! 10411 Portal Road, Lavista, NE 68128 Boom! There you go.

The brewery will be located off the Cabela's exit on Interstate 80 in what is becoming a destination spot for Omaha breweries. It will actually be just south of 108th Street and Giles Road, on Portal Road. We are excited to be joining 3 breweries, 1 distillery, and a craft beer bar that's already in the area, and there is another brewery in planning nearby as well!

Friends in the Immediate Area:
-Infusion Brewing Company
-Nebraska Brewing Company
-Lucky Bucket Brewing Company
-Patriarch Distillers/Soldier Valley Spirits
-Liquid Sunshine at Alamo Drafthouse
-Pint Nine Brewing Company (In Planning)

Bike Path!
The building backs up to the newly paved West Papio Trail. The bike path connects up with the Keystone trail in Bellevue giving craft beer enthusiasts an excellent starting and stopping point. The brewery will have a large parking lot and plenty of refreshments before and after your trip.

Timeline
We hope to start some construction in October. The brewing equipment should arrive in January. By the time we finish construction and get our initial release of beer brewed we will probably be looking at April.

Taproom
Yes, we will have a taproom where you can try our beers, take an awesome tour, and pick up some beer to go. The brewery will bottle beer in 12oz bottles and 22oz bottles. We will not serve food but you will be welcome to bring in your own food or get a delivery sent to the brewery. We will also work with local food trucks to bring in some additional food options whenever we can.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: Kros Strain Brewing Company - LaVista, NE

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This is fantastic news. Thanks for sharing! :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

FWIW:
Executive Director - Robert Kros
Manager - Scott Strain
Hence the name...

They already have 23 beers on UnTapped.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Kros Strain's Fairy Nectar took home a silver medal at the GABF.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Great news, Re: Kros Strain Brewing Company is adding a canning line! The canning line will be up and running during the first quarter of 2020! They will offer 12oz, 16.9oz, and 19.2oz cans!

I am looking forward to this! Big cans of fairy nectar!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:15 pm Great news, Re: Kros Strain Brewing Company is adding a canning line! The canning line will be up and running during the first quarter of 2020! They will offer 12oz, 16.9oz, and 19.2oz cans!

I am looking forward to this! Big cans of fairy nectar!
Agreed.

16.9oz four pack cans of Fairy Nectar Double Dry hopped London is a local dream come true :thumb:...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HyVee is now selling Fairy Nectar flavored Brats!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:46 pm HyVee is now selling Fairy Nectar flavored Brats!
Now that I’ve heard of this phenomenon..

I’m looking for these when I hit up HyVee in a couple days...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

I heard these guys are in talks to open a location at Millwork Commons

Edit: Mods, I hadn't seen the other post in the Millwork thread. Feel free to delete. Or leave it up as a second.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Since Kros Strain started Canning Beer in February of 2020 (8 months), they have canned 1,026,663 cans of beer as of this morning. 42,777 Cases of beer since February! 57,000 cans this month.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Brad wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm Since Kros Strain started Canning Beer in February of 2020 (8 months), they have canned 1,026,663 cans of beer as of this morning. 42,777 Cases of beer since February! 57,000 cans this month.
They deserve success. Their Bernstein Vienna stacked up well against Warsteiner, Spaten, and Hocher Schorr at the Octoberfest in 2019. Strong statement when you can stand your ground against the founding beer of Octoberfest.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:01 am
Brad wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm Since Kros Strain started Canning Beer in February of 2020 (8 months), they have canned 1,026,663 cans of beer as of this morning. 42,777 Cases of beer since February! 57,000 cans this month.
They deserve success. Their Bernstein Vienna stacked up well against Warsteiner, Spaten, and Hocher Schorr at the Octoberfest in 2019. Strong statement when you can stand your ground against the founding beer of Octoberfest.
Every single beer I’ve purchased and or sampled from Kros Strain has been fantastic..

They are absolutely crushing the New England IPA style..and have really started brewing some excellent stouts and Barleywine’s over the past 18 months..

Hands down, they’re one of my top 3 favorite breweries overall...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 am
Every single beer I’ve purchased and or sampled from Kros Strain has been fantastic..

They are absolutely crushing the New England IPA style..and have really started brewing some excellent stouts and Barleywine’s over the past 18 months..

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I was going to echo how fantastic Kros Strain has been. Brought me back into the IPA tent after continuing running into the “soapy tasting” IPAs, they have fantastic light and flavorful ones that have been great and not “soapy tasting” their non IPAs with the Czech Pilsner, and the pass summer jalapeño ones were stellar too!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Jins123 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:09 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 am

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I was going to echo how fantastic Kros Strain has been. Brought me back into the IPA tent after continuing running into the “soapy tasting” IPAs, they have fantastic light and flavorful ones that have been great and not “soapy tasting” their non IPAs with the Czech Pilsner, and the pass summer jalapeño ones were stellar too!
100% agree..

The Omaha area is blessed today with a fantastic amount of great breweries..and I’d place Kros Strain right at the top of the list...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Kros Strain won 3 awards in the U.s. Open Beer Championship!

Specialty IPA
Bronze: Nilla Nectar – Kros Strain Brewing – Nebraska

Munchner Helles, Light
Silver: Helles Creek – Kros Strain Brewing – Nebraska

Barrel Aged German Lager
Silver: Krostoberfest – Kros Strain Brewing – Nebraska
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Kros Strain brewed their 1000th Batch of beer today!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Something barrel aged and tasty I’ve heard...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Kros Strain does a Facebook Live video every Tuesday and always has some good info in it. Today they talked about IBU's and their new beer "Rubber Floaties" which Jeff and Doug were very exited about.

Video:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Kros Strain's DDH Fairy Nectar rated Best Beer in Nebraska according to Rate Beer:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I can attest to the greatness of this beer..

Most of the time, I have DDH Fairy Nectar in my fridge...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

I don’t think really think it’s even close. They are a step above the rest.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

What is DDH?
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 amWhat is DDH?
DDH=Double Dry Hopped..meaning after the brew kettle boil and after fermentation, an additional dose of hops are added..giving even more depth of hop flavor/aroma to the beer before kegging...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Thanks for the explanation, beer teacher.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Kros Strain is applying for a liquor license at 1229 (not 1209) Millwork Ave, for a new bar in the Ashton building.
They have a $145k permit out for the Tap Room addition to the building.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.13 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Louie
County Board

Post by Louie »

Excellent
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Kros Strain is coming out with their special 4:20 beer called "Ditch Beer". Caning it next week and in stores right before 4/20. They said it smells like the art teachers office.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

Downtown beer COMING SOON!
We’re incredibly excited to announce the opening of a second location of Kros Strain Brewing! Beginning this summer, we’ll have a taproom located in the Ashton Building at 1229 Millwork Ave in the the Millwork Commons development! We will offer all of our award winning beers made in our LaVista production facility, as well as locally made cider, wine, and non alcoholic options, in the city’s newest destination area. The new taproom will be featuring a breathtaking, all new mural by local artist Norm Foureva. This incredible new mural will be a stunning companion piece to the work she did in our flagship location! Give her a follow to see all the great work she’s completed!
We’ve been working diligently over the past two years to make this dream into a reality, and we couldn’t have done this without all the support from our loyal customers. We look forward to serving you in our new space, two blocks north of TD Ameritrade stadium this summer! Stay tuned for opening date announcements!
Cheers!

We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Simply another fantastic addition to North Downtown and the core in general..

One of my favorite breweries..and every single beer they brew is spot on fantastic..Can’t wait for this additional location to open..

Kros Strain :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

I’m so happy to not have to drive to papillon for their wonderful beers! Great addition!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Honestly, I’d drive 100 plus miles if I had to. Their beers are that good..

Cheers!🍻...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The North Downtown Kros Strain opens Tomorrow (Wednesday) 6/16/2021 at 3pm

They are calling it "Kros Strain Draft Works". North side under the water tower. They do have a sign on the building.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’m going to try and check the new place out maybe Thursday..

This is a fantastic addition to North Downtown :thumb:

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Kros Strain threw down at GAS’ Oktoberfest in 2018. Brought their Bernstein Vienna up against Hocker Schorr (the original founding brewery of Oktoberfest). They showed very well. Beat Spaten and Warsteiner. We’re head to head with HS.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Speaking of Kros Strain, has anyone made it out to their new Tap Room at Millwork Commons in North Downtown?..I’ve been to their brewery Tap Room on Portal Rd more times than I can count since it opened over 3 plus years back, lol..

I won’t have time to get downtown to visit it this weekend, but I plan to very soon. Any reviews?…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
yman97
Home Owners Association

Post by yman97 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 am Speaking of Kros Strain, has anyone made it out to their new Tap Room at Millwork Commons in North Downtown?..I’ve been to their brewery Tap Room on Portal Rd more times than I can count since it opened over 3 plus years back, lol..

I won’t have time to get downtown to visit it this weekend, but I plan to very soon. Any reviews?…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I've been there a couple of times and love it! It has the same feel as the original location but being inside the Ashton makes all the difference. You can sit at a bar facing the inside of the building into the plaza area. Nearby on the first is Archetype. I believe that a food vendor is opening as well. I can only imagine how cool it would be to work in the building. Grab your coffee on the way to the stairs/elevators, food during lunch and then a beer before heading out the door.
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:21 am Speaking of Kros Strain, has anyone made it out to their new Tap Room at Millwork Commons in North Downtown?..I’ve been to their brewery Tap Room on Portal Rd more times than I can count since it opened over 3 plus years back, lol..

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Very enjoyable environment. Sitting on their patio and watching the HELLO apartment complex and park take shape, gets me excited for the future of the area
Jins123
Home Owners Association

Post by Jins123 »

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Other Notes: They have reverse happy hour (dollar off pours) after 7 and all day Sunday)

Restroom access is across/out of the bar area, so you have to put your drink down or leave with your group when using it, you also have to climb some tall beautiful white marble steps to get to it. It really is a beautiful building inside there
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

yman97 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I've been there a couple of times and love it! It has the same feel as the original location but being inside the Ashton makes all the difference. You can sit at a bar facing the inside of the building into the plaza area. Nearby on the first is Archetype. I believe that a food vendor is opening as well. I can only imagine how cool it would be to work in the building. Grab your coffee on the way to the stairs/elevators, food during lunch and then a beer before heading out the door.
Nice! Two of my favorite beverages- great craft beer and good coffee right in the same building.. Very cool!

Thanks for the review :thumb:

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Jins123 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Very enjoyable environment. Sitting on their patio and watching the HELLO apartment complex and park take shape, gets me excited for the future of the area
Hey I agree.. The future of our entire downtown core, including North Downtown, is very bright indeed!..

Thanks for the reviews :thumb:

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!