nebugeater
City Council

PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Post by nebugeater »

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES VS. DENVER NUGGETS

October 12, 2016 at PBA

https://www.pinnaclebankarena.com/event ... er-nuggets

Tickets go on sale on June 24.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
skinzfan23
City Council

Re: PBA hosts another NBA preseason game 10/12/16

Post by skinzfan23 »

Wow, wonder why PBA is getting these and not the CLink.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Doesn't sound like the crowd was too good last night. According to the World Herald, announced attendance of only 7,153, with a lot fewer that were actually there.

The article also states that the Bulls/Hawks game in Omaha is sold out, but according to ticketmaster there are still around 500 tickets left. Either way, there should be around 17,000 at the game.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah they were talking about this on 1620 this morning. Gary Sharp went. Tickets were way over priced (I did get an email last week on some discounts), and the game had zero promotion behind it. Throw in two teams that aren't a huge draw, and this is what you'd get.

I honestly don't know any current Nuggets players.

If they do this again, they better have a marquee team or at least know the market and price the tickets better.

Greg
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Greg S wrote:Yeah they were talking about this on 1620 this morning. Gary Sharp went. Tickets were way over priced (I did get an email last week on some discounts), and the game had zero promotion behind it. Throw in two teams that aren't a huge draw, and this is what you'd get.

I honestly don't know any current Nuggets players.

If they do this again, they better have a marquee team or at least know the market and price the tickets better.

Greg
The only Nugget player I have heard of is Jameer Nelson. They also have Mike Miller.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

You mean to tell me Dikembe Mutombo no longer plays for the Nuggets? :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Wonder who takes the gate on these things? DOes the NBA / Teams rent the arena and promote it and get the gate? Of is this a locally produced event where the teams get some sort of fee but all else is up to the arena or promoter.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote:Wonder who takes the gate on these things? DOes the NBA / Teams rent the arena and promote it and get the gate? Of is this a locally produced event where the teams get some sort of fee but all else is up to the arena or promoter.

They indicated on Sharp and Benning that the Timberwolves were behind it. Brought their cheerleaders, mascot and staff.

Greg
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

skinzfan23 wrote:Doesn't sound like the crowd was too good last night. According to the World Herald, announced attendance of only 7,153, with a lot fewer that were actually there.

The article also states that the Bulls/Hawks game in Omaha is sold out, but according to ticketmaster there are still around 500 tickets left. Either way, there should be around 17,000 at the game.
The newness wore off and it wasn't Husker related. Bring in Lue's team and the place would be packed.
No posts exist for this topic
Taco
Human Relations

Post by Taco »

If you brought in the Cavs it would be selling out for a different reason than being "Lue's team" lol
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

I looked at buying tickets for this and it was priced like a regular season NBA game. Lower bowl seats were over $80 with most well over $100. That is before you pay about 25% in fees to actually purchase the ticket.

Also meaningless NBA preseason games are horrible. Important players sit out or play limited minutes, bad players who are fighting for the last spots on the roster get to play to show what they can do.

If they had cut prices in half across the board they could have sold out easily and everyone would have had more fun in a full arena.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:I looked at buying tickets for this and it was priced like a regular season NBA game. Lower bowl seats were over $80 with most well over $100. That is before you pay about 25% in fees to actually purchase the ticket.

Also meaningless NBA preseason games are horrible. Important players sit out or play limited minutes, bad players who are fighting for the last spots on the roster get to play to show what they can do.

If they had cut prices in half across the board they could have sold out easily and everyone would have had more fun in a full arena.

Agreed, I looked into this game early on because I figured Creighton fans would sell out the Omaha game during the pre-sale phase. Was caught off guard how expensive the tickets were, especially the lower bowl.

Greg