Countryside Village (87th and Pacific)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Re: Countryside Village (87th and Pacific)

Post by Brad »

Drove though Countryside Village earlier today. Lots of activity going on. Great to see for our neighborhood!

The sign for the deli is up.
Major work on Timber
Casual pint in under way
Work on the north side of the old grocery
Leased signs up in the old market basket spot.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Drove though Countryside Village earlier today. Lots of activity going on. Great to see for our neighborhood!

The sign for the deli is up.
Major work on Timber
Casual pint in under way
Work on the north side of the old grocery
Leased signs up in the old market basket spot.
The Casual Pint can't open fast enough. I can't wait to check it out.. I know someone posted a link to their website, but it's just so inviting, I'm posting the link again-

http://thecasualpint.com/

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

lonnie wrote: Does anyone know if the Oct 4 date for Swartz's Deli is still a go ?
Its not. Per comments on their FB page, they're now implying after the Jewish holidays, so that would be late next week...
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The deli is now shooting for an October 13th opening date.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Timber mentioned in a Facebook comment that they're hoping for a November opening. Exact date to be finalized within a week or so.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Ben wrote:Timber mentioned in a Facebook comment that they're hoping for a November opening. Exact date to be finalized within a week or so.
Saw a draft of their menu. Looks interesting. Steak heavy given the kitchen they built, but not a steakhouse vibe. Brunch on both Sat and Sunday.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Swartzs just posted their Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch menus, and I must say, it is VERY intriguing.

Breakfast:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (76.7 KiB) Viewed 11341 times
Mr.Nuke
Human Relations

Post by Mr.Nuke »

nativeomahan wrote:The deli is now shooting for an October 13th opening date.
The standard country side sign for the business was up last night and the construction paneling that had been blocking the door was gone.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

nativeomahan wrote:The deli is now shooting for an October 13th opening date.
They posted earlier this week about construction being done, and just waiting on inspections before opening. Not sure if they have finalized those or not.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I was given a tour last night. Construction is complete. The food needs to be ordered. And I was told that it will take three days to cure the pastrami and fish. So it will probably be another week or so.
The deli has found a Maxwell House coffee system. Supposedly that was the one coffee brand considered kosher back in the day. I have no idea what kosher coffee is. I think it was more of a nod to history.
They have a smoker installed, and a large deli display case. The east wall is lined with booths, each with charging stations, in a nod to the present. All together there will be seating for at least 40. The theme is a nice blend of classic old school deli and a modern neighborhood restaurant. Black and white checkerboard colors flow from the flooring to the chair design. One large TV is up on the wall. I really think this will be a nice addition to the neighborhood.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Goldenrod Pastries out of Lincoln should be opening here soon ("Winter 2016")
Goldenrod Pastries is a boutique pastry shop in Lincoln, NE with a specialty for catering to alternative diets. Vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free diets are most common, though Goldenrod caters to just about any allergy or dietary restriction.

Another Goldenrod signature: artfully designed, melt-in-your-mouth recipes. Our pastries pack punch, with fashion-forward frostings, glitter, and edible flowers designed to inspire both your palate and your imagination. Visit our Instagram profile for a peek.

We create pastries for every event you can imagine – from a birthday cake for one, to elaborate wedding dessert displays. While we do have a set menu to work from, we encourage our customers to think outside the box.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

The deli will have a "soft" opening about October 20th. The chef is busy testing out the smoker and readying the pastrami and brisket.
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

Swartz said they were super busy today when they were opened. Lines out the door.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

We sent them flowers for their grand opening. It will be a great addition to the neighborhood. We plan to stop in tomorrow for lunch.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The signs are up on the building for both Casual Pint and Also Timber.

Timber still has construction lights up, but it looked like tables and chairs are in, curtains are up, and art on the walls.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Brad wrote:The signs are up on the building for both Casual Pint and Also Timber.

Timber still has construction lights up, but it looked like tables and chairs are in, curtains are up, and art on the walls.
Timber's FB page says "Finishing touches this week", so I'd assume they're opening next weekend...
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

So cool to see this place have such a revitalization. I need to stop by that Deli soon.
No posts exist for this topic
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Ben wrote:
Brad wrote:The signs are up on the building for both Casual Pint and Also Timber.

Timber's FB page says "Finishing touches this week", so I'd assume they're opening next weekend...
My mouth is watering with anticipation for Casual Pint. I need to hit this place up as soon as it opens :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Casual Pint now has its own Thread:
http://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18277

As far as the rest of countryside, seem like there are still a few new tenants yet to be named, anyone heard about any of the other "Leased" signs that are up?
Slowmaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Slowmaha »

The NE place where the violin shop was is allegedly a pizza/Italian place. Golden Crust fell out from what I heard.

Timber is killing it from what I can tell, glad to see it for all the trouble they had getting their doors open.

It ain't your Grandma's Countryside anymore!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Slowmaha wrote:The NE place where the violin shop was is allegedly a pizza/Italian place. Golden Crust fell out from what I heard.

Timber is killing it from what I can tell, glad to see it for all the trouble they had getting their doors open.

It ain't your Grandma's Countryside anymore!
My niece is a manager there and indeed they are doing well.

The place is similar in nature to Railcar in terms of its food. The French pizza is really good.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Good to hear about Timber. Seems like they always have the shades pulled shut so I can't see of they are busy when I am driving by.
Slowmaha wrote:It ain't your Grandma's Countryside anymore!
:like:
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Six of us ate brunch at Timber yesterday. Five of us had decent meals. The place looks nice, and there is a nice wood burning oven smell to the place.
However...they insisted on charging me $23 for two mimosas. I told them they could keep their second mimosa (the first one was $8, and delivered in a less than half full wine glass). This sort of insanity may keep me from returning, which is too bad, as I live in the general neighborhood.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Before I decided to jump back on this Forum today (I was gone for awhile due to being busy, plus I forgot my password, and stuff...), I came across this 1955 picture of Countryside Village yesterday. I can't believe how open & barren everything looks at 87th & Pacific back then. Yet, Omaha was built on a prairie that was originally almost treeless, so that picture almost doesn't surprise me in a way.

http://www.countryside-village.com/images/About-1.jpg

Also, today in the paper, there was a picture of Maple Village (near 90th/102nd & Maple) in the 1950's. I guess it was the largest residential development built in Omaha to date. (Doesn't surprise me, I noticed that neighborhood is huge on Google Maps one day.) My Grandparents lived there starting from the 60's through my childhood years... I always thought that was put-in in the 1960's. I'm surprised they were building homes that far out in the 1950's -- especially in NW Omaha. There were some neighborhoods along Pacific & West Center out by 1-680 being built in the 1950's, but I'm surprised by Maple. (BTW, West Center Rd & Pacific Street always had the furthest out suburban developments compared to the other main E-W streets, and it is still that way today.)
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I definitely get the 50s vibe from the neighborhood just north of Center around 101st. or so. I'm not sure what you would call it, "East Rockbrook", maybe, just south of the Country Club. However, I definitely get more of a 60s vibe from the Maplewood area.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Omababe wrote:I definitely get the 50s vibe from the neighborhood just north of Center around 101st. or so. I'm not sure what you would call it, "East Rockbrook", maybe, just south of the Country Club. However, I definitely get more of a 60s vibe from the Maplewood area.
Yeah, if you go onto the Douglas County assessor site, and start clicking on individual houses, you will learn that there were isolated neighborhoods way out on West Center Road and Pacific around 100th St (I-680 area) starting in the 1950's. My mindset always was "Omaha crossed over 72nd St in the 1950's", but Southwest Omaha has always pushed out further. This all makes sense, because the first subdivisions going in around Millard were in the 1960's.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
ovo
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ovo »

Hello, I am new to the forum but have enjoyed reading through all of the past threads. I live in the Countryside Village area and am excited about all of the new tenants that have been popping up. Today as I was driving past, I noticed a truck and trailer with 4-5 "beer distillation vats" (for lack of a better explanation). I did not have a chance to stop and take a picture, but was wondering if anybody had some inside information on a potential brewery tenant?

Thanks!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That would be sweet, but I don't see any building permits. I know the Casual Pint is having a Beer Week event tonight. Wonder if it has something to do with that?
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

ovo wrote:Hello, I am new to the forum but have enjoyed reading through all of the past threads. I live in the Countryside Village area and am excited about all of the new tenants that have been popping up. Today as I was driving past, I noticed a truck and trailer with 4-5 "beer distillation vats" (for lack of a better explanation). I did not have a chance to stop and take a picture, but was wondering if anybody had some inside information on a potential brewery tenant?

Thanks!
What kind of truck? Like a full size pickup truck? How big were the vats?
Casual Pint didn't have any Omaha Beer Week events on Monday
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Casual Pint didn't have any Omaha Beer Week events on Monday
Today is "Bells and Brats", I wonder if Bells has some kind of fancy trailer like Deschutes has?
ovo
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ovo »

Just looked like a full size pickup with a standard sized trailer, similar to what you might drive a couple lawn mowers up onto. The vats (after a little research... they were probably more accurately fermenters) were what I would consider to be medium sized. Comparable to this photo, perhaps slightly smaller than the two on the far right.
Attachments
f06330b71d3a0998e62694aa9b82b95e.jpg
f06330b71d3a0998e62694aa9b82b95e.jpg (163.33 KiB) Viewed 8780 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Well that would be really cool if they removed the floor in one of those bays and had it open to a brewery below. Tap room at street level, brewery in the basement.

Countryside Brewing Company.
Loveland Lager
Westside Whit
Warrior IPA
Oakdale Pale Ale
Swanson Sasion
Pacific Street Porter.

Boom.. There you go. :cheers: :;):

I just trademarked all those by the way... LOL
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Finally made it to Timber last week. It was a nice place and we had a good experience. I had a Rib-eye and it was cooked how I ordered it and had a great flavor. My wife had a sandwich, and we had an appetizer which were good as well. My only complaint was that my potatoes and my wife's fries were really salty.

As far as the mimosa story posted earlier in this thread, we were there during happy hour and I had 2 local Micro Brews, each were $5 for a full Liter! Larger than the traditional pint most places serve, so I thought it was a good deal.

We will be back.
Slowmaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Slowmaha »

The Simple Man is expanding to take the the old Roots and Wings spot adjacent to Dennison Dahlman Barber shop.
41104F75-1DC6-4291-BE1F-16E62667851E.jpeg
41104F75-1DC6-4291-BE1F-16E62667851E.jpeg (206.8 KiB) Viewed 7756 times
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

People behind Hutch in Midtown are opening a store called "Made in Omaha" here. Concept is exactly what it says, selling locally made goods.
dheg74
New to the Neighborhood

Post by dheg74 »

Construction underway on old Market Basket space in NW corner
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

dheg74 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am Construction underway on old Market Basket space in NW corner
Yes, I noticed that a few days ago. A very large section of the north building is under construction. Anyone know what will go in here?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nativeomahan wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:47 pm
dheg74 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am Construction underway on old Market Basket space in NW corner
Yes, I noticed that a few days ago. A very large section of the north building is under construction. Anyone know what will go in here?
House of R
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I believe Countryside will be getting a Camille's Bakery , still trying to find out more info.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Coyote wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:15 pm I believe Countryside will be getting a Camille's Bakery , still trying to find out more info.
Where do you guys always find this information? You guys are always like: "There's reportedly a Game Stop going in Pepperwood Village. It will be open by May 2019..." And, I'm just like: ???? Where do you guys find these details?