Downtown St Louis

Kansas City, Denver, Minneapolis, and Coast to Coast

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Uffda
County Board

Downtown St Louis

Post by Uffda »

I am in downtown St Louis for a conference at the America Center and the Renaissance Grand Hotel (right around the corner from the Edward Jones Stadium). As I have walked with a few blocks of the corner of Washington and N 9th St there seems to be tons of older buildings that are being renovated into condos and main floor retail.  Also lots of little shops and on Washington street there is even a bowling alley --- The Flamingo Bowl -- http://www.flamingobowl.net/  --

There are also lots of nice little eating establishments.  I have been using the UrbanSpoon app on my iPhone to find places to eat.    :;):
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

where are the pictures?
Go Cubs Go
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

sorry didn't have a camera with me except for the phone's and it doesn't take good photos in drab dreary weather.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

here is one I walked by.  Based on what I saw -- they have a looonnnggg ways to go.  It looked like they were still in demo mode for the whole building.

http://www.arcadeliving.com/about/classic/

Click on this link   http://www.downtownstl.org/LiveDowntown_2.aspx   and then the link after Downtown Living Section 2008 - St. Louis Magazine, to download a brochure/mag that shows lots of lofts and projects.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

My dad's family mostly all live there so I know the area well. Despite the national image that St. Louis is a more fortunate Detroit, the city is actually doing very well for itself. The condo boom and downtown renaissance are kind of a more recent thing, but the city is definitely coming back from a slump. Head over to the area around Forest Park if you can. The park itself is beautiful and the area is filled with many beautiful victorian homes as well as what are supposedly the nation's first gated communities (not gated as with swinging iron rod fences like modern gated communities, but large guard-tower-esque entry ways. It's pretty cool.). The Del Mar Loop is pretty cool as well filled with trendy little shops, eateries, and stars embedded in the sidewalk ala Hollywood Boulevard that name famous St. Louisians.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Downtown St Louis

Post by iamjacobm »

Cordish with a big phase two of their ballpark development in DT STL.

PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

That tower looks amazing!
#SaveTheUglyGrainSilos2024
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Sheesh. Part of me still wishes Cordish got the Capitol District site. They definitely do things right.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

Garrett wrote:Sheesh. Part of me still wishes Cordish got the Capitol District site. They definitely do things right.
They never bid...
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:
Garrett wrote:Sheesh. Part of me still wishes Cordish got the Capitol District site. They definitely do things right.
They never bid...
I thought they were one of the options? The one with all of the glass, unusually shaped buildings?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I believe Cordish was one of the options to develop an outlet mall near Cabelas.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

skinzfan23 wrote:I believe Cordish was one of the options to develop an outlet mall near Cabelas.
Yeah they were. I'm actually happy they didn't go for it. I just don't think it would have been successful in that area.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Theres always Lot B...

Actually pretty sure a local group will get that.
RockHarbor
Planning Board

Post by RockHarbor »

Downtown St. Louis is nice. I used to live in that metro... I do like a lot of the buildings in that city. That new tower is sure neat. I was looking at Downtown St. Louis the other day on Google Maps, and I noticed a new building that looks like a hotel, or something. I'll have to check into it further.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.