Heartwood Preserve (144th Dodge/Pacific)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

choke
Human Relations

Re: Boys Town and farmland (144th Dodge)

Post by choke »

MTO wrote:Talk about paving paradise..

This, Crossroads, The Golden Mile, Rivers Edge, Civic Site, eventually Lot B... I'm amazed a city this small can pull so much off.
Not to mention, I believe on Grow Omaha, I heard a representative from the Med Center saying plans were in the works for UNMC to build their own village - bigger than Midtown Crossing but smaller than AV.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

20 year max, 85% buildout projected with 8 years.

Hopes to start grading in the spring. Much fewer loopholes and delay potential given the SID with no TIF or tax break agreements.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Erik wrote:20 year max, 85% buildout projected with 8 years.

Hopes to start grading in the spring. Much fewer loopholes and delay potential given the SID with no TIF or tax break agreements.
That sounds pretty good to me. I just hope it stays true to the vision throughout.
No posts exist for this topic
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

Stick a fork in it. It's done. Corn is in the hopper. West Farm is now retired.
Attachments
LastCut.jpg
LastCut.jpg (207.55 KiB) Viewed 17255 times
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Not really educated in any way on the subject but...
What is actually a good solution for the traffic Dodge already has and how much more its going to have when this is completed? Will the city be willing to but in light rail at that point in time or would they come up with some other radical solution?!
#gohawks
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

buildomaha wrote:Not really educated in any way on the subject but...
What is actually a good solution for the traffic Dodge already has and how much more its going to have when this is completed? Will the city be willing to but in light rail at that point in time or would they come up with some other radical solution?!
There's only so much room left to widen. Maybe you could get one additional lane in each direction. So what it should come down to is which mode will benefit the most in the long term with the respect to cost. I think Omaha would outgrow an eight lane HWY 6 in relatively short time.

In approximately the same amount of room, you could put two light rail tracks. The question is: Would Light rail move enough people and provide enough economic development to justify the cost? Some will say absolutely, some will say absolutely not.

In respect to the size of this development and the density involved with it, Light rail would be the way to go.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

I'll be real curious how they may 150th work. It sounds like they are going to have to re build the intersection to accommodate the EB dodge offramp. Lights are going to have to go in on both sides, I would imagine they would one 2 lanes on the bridge heading south.

Its going to move quick. I bet that once the beans are off. Prelim grading for the intersection happens. I did get some information today about the sediment project on the east slope of the property towards 144th. I guess that project (sometime in 2008), was a sediment project from Boys Town Lake. They pumped all the sediment and goose |expletive| to the farm property and let it dry out there. Thats why its soft there.

It's been a bitter sweet day. Full moon is cast over a important element now to be changed forever.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

They really should just delete the 150th option and space the interchanges out more.

And just for fun make 144th a diverging diamond.
15-17, 26, 32
yellowcolumbia
Home Owners Association

Post by yellowcolumbia »

From Sunday's bulletin:
St Wenceslaus is purchasing 16 acres for the new church. Proposed floor plan available after masses 12-13November. Groundbreaking 24September2017.
guest2017
Home Owners Association

Post by guest2017 »

MTO wrote:They really should just delete the 150th option and space the interchanges out more.

They just completely redid 144th in 2013/4? Makes that kind of a waste then.

Also, I have never seen enough traffic on this street to assume a DDI is necessary. Put in a similar style intersection on 150th, with dedicated turn lanes between southbound traffic exiting dodge to 144th and the new development, with dual-turn lanes in each direction (like they did going into Aksarben Village). You guys are all way too concerned with the amount of traffic that this is going to get. It won't be any worse than Village Point, and should have better flow throughout. The major problem isn't more traffic on dodge, but more traffic within/poorly designed layout.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

guest2017 wrote:
MTO wrote:They really should just delete the 150th option and space the interchanges out more.

They just completely redid 144th in 2013/4? Makes that kind of a waste then.

Also, I have never seen enough traffic on this street to assume a DDI is necessary. Put in a similar style intersection on 150th, with dedicated turn lanes between southbound traffic exiting dodge to 144th and the new development, with dual-turn lanes in each direction (like they did going into Aksarben Village). You guys are all way too concerned with the amount of traffic that this is going to get. It won't be any worse than Village Point, and should have better flow throughout. The major problem isn't more traffic on dodge, but more traffic within/poorly designed layout.
This is going to be a much larger project than Village Point, but it is estimated to take at least 20 years to complete. So in my view, traffic will probably be an issue, but at the same time, by the time it fills out there should be some solution to the traffic issues that it may have.
#gohawks
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Omaha's traffic will be exasperated much more in the next 20 years from fringe sprawl than this development.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

iamjacobm wrote:Omaha's traffic will be exasperated much more in the next 20 years from fringe sprawl than this development.
In 2036 you will be able to request a driverless flying uber from your smart implant and be anywhere in the city in ten minutes. Although you won't have anywhere to go and no money to pay for it because artificial intelligence and robotics will have raised human unemployment to 80%.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

There is a sign up for this development along Dodge with the name "West Farm" on it. I truly hope this isn't the name they are actually going with.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I suggest The Collection of Reserve at the Villages Shoppes Fountain District. Covers all the bases.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

The Residents at FraCoSca
15-17, 26, 32
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

MTO wrote:The Residents at FraCoSca
WeFaBoTo
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association

Post by Turtle9160 »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:There is a sign up for this development along Dodge with the name "West Farm" on it. I truly hope this isn't the name they are actually going with.
They have signs up on 144th as well, the one between Pacific and Dodge says "West Farm" but the one on the southwest corner of 144th and Pacific says "South Farm". Guess there going with "Farm" for it, and I hope its not the name they actually go with either
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

Turtle9160 wrote:
Joe_Sovereign wrote:There is a sign up for this development along Dodge with the name "West Farm" on it. I truly hope this isn't the name they are actually going with.
They have signs up on 144th as well, the one between Pacific and Dodge says "West Farm" but the one on the southwest corner of 144th and Pacific says "South Farm". Guess there going with "Farm" for it, and I hope its not the name they actually go with either
I agree. Very tacky and especially typicizing of Nebraska...
#gohawks
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

You know, it was a very historic local farm for many years. :shrug: just saying. Read the title of this thread.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

buildomaha wrote:
Turtle9160 wrote:
DId you eat today?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebraska
Library Board

Post by nebraska »

When I hear West Farms, I think of this mall in Connecticut, Google maps.

So hearing new-agey commercial names like West Farms on Dodge Street does not sit well with me. Might as well just call it Jordan Creek II.
Erik
Parks & Recreation

Post by Erik »

I dont see the problem with it at all. Not embarrassing an actually pretty cool imo. Not everything related to farms is shaming.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

I'm just saying for something that's supposed to be an urban core for west O, "West Farm" does not really fit the area and what it represents.
#gohawks
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

buildomaha wrote:I'm just saying for something that's supposed to be an urban core for west O, "West Farm" does not really fit the area and what it represents.
I'm with Erik. I don't see a problem with the name.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I think they're missing a big opportunity to have it be 'West Farme'.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

RNcyanide wrote:I think they're missing a big opportunity to have it be 'West Farme'.

West Farme Centre
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

choke wrote:
RNcyanide wrote:I think they're missing a big opportunity to have it be 'West Farme'.

West Farme Centre
West Farnam Centre could actually work
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

HR Paperstacks wrote:
choke wrote:

West Farme Centre
West Farnam Centre could actually work

That's so 2015....
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Not sure if it matters, but the sign actually says "west farm" in all lower case letters
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

now that is hip
15-17, 26, 32
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

"west farm" seems to have legs....looks like that's what it will be known as for eternity.

I'm just glad Heartland ________ didn't make the cut.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

GetUrban wrote:"west farm" seems to have legs....looks like that's what it will be known as for eternity.

Heartland Farms at Town Centre.

BOOM.
No posts exist for this topic
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

buildomaha wrote:
Turtle9160 wrote:
The Stanford University campus has always been referred to as "The Farm" and has not held it back.

"THE FARM Campus nickname, derived from the days when horses rather than students roamed in what previously was the farm of university founders Leland and Jane Stanford."
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

MadMartin8 wrote:
GetUrban wrote:"west farm" seems to have legs....looks like that's what it will be known as for eternity.

Heartland Farms at Town Centre.

BOOM.
You forgot "European"

Heartland Farms at the European Town Centre.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association

Post by OverlookedFarm »

Im sure you saw the owh today. Removal of trees to start today and must be completed by april 1.

The staked the lot lines last week. Marked all utilities the week before.

Apparently mnhs has been given a traffic plan notice and timeline. Not sure on the specifics

Boys town has moved most if not all of their farm equip from west farm to southeast farm. Not sure if the garden office or cannery garages have been emptied yet.

Noddle did say they were going to do a tree survey, not sure what those reults were.

Does anybody know where to get info on the project? Noddles website is thin on details, and he said he was going to keep stakeholders aware of news as it comes avail. Im just using my mk 1 eyeballs
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

The entire master plan was included in the zoning request. Tons of info.

https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/image ... ng/371.pdf
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote:The entire master plan was included in the zoning request. Tons of info.

Highlights:

On page 23:

"In total, the development will include over 1,400,000 square feet of office space, 819,000 square feet of retail, a 300 room hotel, 1,600 apartments, 144 townhouses, and 290 single family homes. One third of the total are will be devoted to parks, trails, and recreation areas."

Page 29:

"Here, the residential neighborhoods set themselves apart by creating a walkable environment based on the finest Omaha neighborhoods from the early 20th century. The houses will be modeled after Omaha's great Tudor, Craftsman, and Colonial houses. Garages will be alley loaded so that streets can be lined with porches, authentic facades, and gardens instead of garage doors."
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Garrett wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:The entire master plan was included in the zoning request. Tons of info.

Highlights:

On page 23:

"In total, the development will include over 1,400,000 square feet of office space, 819,000 square feet of retail, a 300 room hotel, 1,600 apartments, 144 townhouses, and 290 single family homes. One third of the total are will be devoted to parks, trails, and recreation areas."

Page 29:

"Here, the residential neighborhoods set themselves apart by creating a walkable environment based on the finest Omaha neighborhoods from the early 20th century. The houses will be modeled after Omaha's great Tudor, Craftsman, and Colonial houses. Garages will be alley loaded so that streets can be lined with porches, authentic facades, and gardens instead of garage doors."
Thanks for digging some stuff out. I didn't have a chance to read into it too much.
Turtle9160
Home Owners Association

Post by Turtle9160 »

OverlookedFarm wrote:Noddle did say they were going to do a tree survey, not sure what those reults were.
I looked like when I went past West Farm on 144th during the week, most of trees were done and in piles in various spots