Casual Pint - Countryside Village

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Cpomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Casual Pint - Countryside Village

Post by Cpomaha »

The Casual Pint teaser.... 30 rotating taps!
Attachments
image1 (1).JPG
image1 (1).JPG (78.25 KiB) Viewed 6487 times
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Re: Countryside Village (87th and Pacific)

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

Cpomaha wrote:The Casual Pint teaser.... 30 rotating taps!
Dang. Target date, spring 2017?

I met one of the owners, nice guy. I'm excited for this to open.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:
Cpomaha wrote:The Casual Pint teaser.... 30 rotating taps!
Dang. Target date, spring 2017?

I met one of the owners, nice guy. I'm excited for this to open.
I for one can't wait... :yes:
Cpomaha
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Cpomaha »

Things are coming together quickly... The Grand Opening is scheduled for Dec 9th. More info about The Grand Opening should be posted to The Casual Pint Countryside Village facebook page in the coming days...
Attachments
IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_4285.JPG (79.87 KiB) Viewed 6214 times
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Cpomaha wrote:Things are coming together quickly... The Grand Opening is scheduled for Dec 9th. More info about The Grand Opening should be posted to The Casual Pint Countryside Village facebook page in the coming days...
Sweet! Only a few block from my house, cant wait to walk over there!
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

Casual Pint grand opening annonuced as Fri Dec 9, 4PM, per their FB.... Prizes for first 50 in the door, as well as trivia for additional prizes (including grand price - a growler a week for a year). Yeah, I'll be there.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Ben wrote:Casual Pint grand opening annonuced as Fri Dec 9, 4PM, per their FB.... Prizes for first 50 in the door, as well as trivia for additional prizes (including grand price - a growler a week for a year). Yeah, I'll be there.
Forum Meetup at Casual Pint?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:
Ben wrote:Casual Pint grand opening annonuced as Fri Dec 9, 4PM, per their FB.... Prizes for first 50 in the door, as well as trivia for additional prizes (including grand price - a growler a week for a year). Yeah, I'll be there.
Forum Meetup at Casual Pint?
I would say we set that up for some weekend soon :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Just drove by on my way home, and the place looks finished. Beer on the shelves on the west all, taps along the back wall and a cooler on the east wall. Can't wait for it to open.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:
Just drove by on my way home, and the place looks finished. Can't wait for it to open.
I'll 2nd that :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I went to the Casual Pint Grand Opening last night. I drove by at 3:30 and there was a dozen people in line so I ran an errand and go back about 3:45 or 3:50 and I was about 35th in line. By 4 I would say the line was well over 60.

The place was great. Had a really nice selection with the 30 tap beers and the bottles looked like a great selection too, but it was so packed I didn't take a close look at them. Chicken wings looked good, I had a Bratwurst and it was ok.

I left about 8pm and the place was still full. I plan on going back soon. Its great having a beer place within walking distance of my house.

FYI, a little trivia, the first Keg to blow was a keg of Dean's Holiday Spice by infusion and the first bottle to sell out was the Pirate Bomb by Prairie.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad wrote:I went to the Casual Pint Grand Opening last night. I drove by at 3:30 and there was a dozen people in line so I ran an errand and go back about 3:45 or 3:50 and I was about 35th in line. By 4 I would say the line was well over 60.

The place was great. Had a really nice selection with the 30 tap beers and the bottles looked like a great selection too, but it was so packed I didn't take a close look at them. Chicken wings looked good, I had a Bratwurst and it was ok.

I left about 8pm and the place was still full. I plan on going back soon. Its great having a beer place within walking distance of my house.

FYI, a little trivia, the first Keg to blow was a keg of Dean's Holiday Spice by infusion and the first bottle to sell out was the Pirate Bomb by Prairie.
Must have had a good day because since I have left last night, They have added "Shake Chocolate Porter (Nitro") from Boulder Beer, Which replaced Summit Oatmeal Porter (Nitro). The also replaced "Cinnamon Raisin Commodore" from Balast Point, which replaced Brickway's Vanilla Coffee Stout.

I dent mention it before but Brickway's Maple Pecan replaced Dean's Holiday Spice.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New Belgium "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale" is gone and replaced with New Belgium "Accumulation" - White IPA
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:New Belgium "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ale" is gone and replaced with New Belgium "Accumulation" - White IPA
Wowzers..

Sounds like the place us blowing up :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Uffda
County Board

Re: Casual Pint - Countryside Village

Post by Uffda »

Maybe we need a separate Casual Pint thread
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:Maybe we need a separate Casual Pint thread
Done.

Seems like they are staying fairly steady so far. Every time a tap blows they clean the line and then put a different beer on tap. Seems like they are regularly posting new beers on un-tapped on the weekends.
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

I stopped in the night for the first time. Nice lunch and a beer's both on tap and bottle. Found out you can buy the bottle beer and drink it there if you want.

Also make sure to get there casual pint app as it gives you discounts when you check-in
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:I stopped in the night for the first time. Nice lunch and a beer's both on tap and bottle. Found out you can buy the bottle beer and drink it there if you want.
There is a corking fee on the large bottles. Think its $2 or $3, but not a bad deal at all.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Surly Night 1/7/2016 - 6PM

Surly Beers:
Mother of the Gut
Hopshifter
Ten Ale
Simpson's Scottish Ale (Nitro)
heck
Todd the Axe Man
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad wrote:Must have had a good day because since I have left last night, They have added "Shake Chocolate Porter (Nitro") from Boulder Beer, Which replaced Summit Oatmeal Porter (Nitro).
Sorry to have missed this. The Shake Chocolate Porter in the bottle isn't the greatest and overcarbonated. But the nitro pour is fantastic!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

almighty_tuna wrote:
Brad wrote:Must have had a good day because since I have left last night, They have added "Shake Chocolate Porter (Nitro") from Boulder Beer, Which replaced Summit Oatmeal Porter (Nitro).
Sorry to have missed this. The Shake Chocolate Porter in the bottle isn't the greatest and overcarbonated. But the nitro pour is fantastic!!
Dang. Now I have to go there.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Coyote wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:
Dang. Now I have to go there.
I'll 2nd that...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

What is the food like?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

bigredmed wrote:What is the food like?
Fairly Limited:
http://countrysidevillage.thecasualpint ... selection/

Wings Look good.
I had the Brat and it was just a typical Brat.

I have seen them give out samples of the pretzels and beer cheese, but I haven't tried on yet.

Fyi, its an Order at the Bar place, no wait staff.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Brad wrote:
bigredmed wrote:What is the food like?
Fairly Limited:
http://countrysidevillage.thecasualpint ... selection/

Wings Look good.
I had the Brat and it was just a typical Brat.

I have seen them give out samples of the pretzels and beer cheese, but I haven't tried on yet.

Fyi, its an Order at the Bar place, no wait staff.
Thanks.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Went there yesterday. Had a group of 4 and had food and beer. Excellent. Recommend the BBQWings.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tonight is "Pint Night" they have a couple Sierra Nevada brews on tap and a special Sierra Nevada glass. $6 with beer in it. Sidecar Orang Pale Ale and Golden IPA v2017

Friday is 1/2 price growler fills.

If you are an IPA fan, they still have Elysian Space Dust on tap! Great IPA.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I'm going to finally try and hit this place up on Saturday afternoon.. I keep hearing good things...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:I'm going to finally try and hit this place up on Saturday afternoon.. I keep hearing good things...
Its a great neighborhood craft beer joint. I am going to guess some "Beer Snobs" might turn their nose up at it, but if you're a regular person that enjoys great beers in a nice environment, your really going to like it.

Every time a Keg runs out they put something different on. I have been there at least once a week since they opened and there is always new beer on tap. Along with that, they clean the lines really well every time a keg blows.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:I'm going to finally try and hit this place up on Saturday afternoon.. I keep hearing good things...
Its a great neighborhood craft beer joint. I am going to guess some "Beer Snobs" might turn their nose up at it, but if you're a regular person that enjoys great beers in a nice environment, your really going to like it.

Every time a Keg runs out they put something different on. I have been there at least once a week since they opened and there is always new beer on tap. Along with that, they clean the lines really well every time a keg blows.
Sounds like it's a good place for me. Thanks for the Intel :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I waked in tonight, there is a lady working on a laptop at one table, husband & wife at a other table, a bunch of friends at another... I finally figured out the best way to describe Casual Pint... it's a Starbucks for Beer Drinkers!

Also, they have a brewmasters club. $20 a month. Every 10th Pint is free. Free stainless steel growler and free t-shirt when you sign up. Finally you get a free growler fill every month.

Finally they are trying to get a Bingo night going.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Odell pint night tonight. 7pm

$6.50 first glass (keep the glass). $3 refills.

90 Shilling
Drumroll APA
Odell IPA
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:I waked in tonight, there is a lady working on a laptop at one table, husband & wife at a other table, a bunch of friends at another... I finally figured out the best way to describe Casual Pint... it's a Starbucks for Beer Drinkers!
That's the exact impression I came away with after spending a bit of time there Sunday afternoon. It's laid back, relaxing and comfortable atmosphere is right up my alley. Can't wait to spend more time at Casual Pint...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Can one of you help me here? Which building is this in? The front one closest to Pacific or the one in back. And then which side of the build: North? South? East? or West? I am meeting a group of friends there next week and none of us has ever ventured off of Pacific into the village. Last night after work I drove around all the sides looking for this place but the sun was so low the glare made it impossible to read the signs. Sounds like a really cool place.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

It's on the south side of the north building almost exactly in the middle.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Great. Thanks Brad.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Friday 2/17
White Elm (Lincoln, NE) tap takeover

Tursday 2/21
Bells &a Brats
Hopslam, Two Hearted Ale, Roundhouse, Oatsmobile.
Fresh local Bratwurst

Thursday 2/23
Ft Collins Brewery Tap Takeover
Major Tom's Pomegranate Wheat, salted Carmel Scotch Ale, Double Down Goes IPA, Rum Barrel Aged Chocolate Stout, Belgian Style Oud Bruin

Saturday 2/25
"Shorts and Stouts" - Stout Takeover
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Casual pint with the garage door open on the patio is awesome!!!
omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood

Post by omaharocks »

Finally made it for Bells & Brats last night. What a great little bar! Knowledgeable, friendly bartenders, great atmosphere, great beer selection. I concur with Brad - the garage door open to the patio in February was a great bonus! Will definitely be back. Walked by Cedar on the way back to the car and they had some great live music going - will have to make a stop there soon as well. Two great additions to Countryside Village!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Both Cedar and especially Casual Pint are great places and a welcome additions to the Omaha craft beer/wine scenes..

Wish I could have made it last night...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!